What do you take, even though it’s provided?

19 minutes ago, Glenndale said:

Saga have installed a low output light in the bathrooms of their new ships.

Celebrity's Solstice class has night lights in the bathrooms, hopefully Meyer Werft might also have installed them on Iona.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MX-Drew said:

Most have missed the actual question, “what do you take even though it is supplied”.

For us work the other way round, if it is supplied we definitely don’t take it.

Now I know why I see people boarding on a 7 night cruise with two large suitcases each.😄

That's us on a 3 night mini cruise.🙄🥴

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

What a good idea, we're not keen on the long life milk either. Another addition to my list.

Avril

There is a Co-op store joined to West Quay Premier Inn which is great for getting lots of treats to take onto the ship.

I can’t believe how many people take food items , one thing I don’t need on a cruise is more food 😂

The only things I can think of I take are shampoo and conditioner because I use one for coloured hair and ‘ordinary’ shampoo strips it. Also trouser coat hangers as I prefer them. On here I read you can ask your steward for extra hangers which I did once, he bought us loads!

8 hours ago, SarahHben said:

I’m planning on taking my own hairdryer and shampoo/conditioner plus some of my trusty clothes hangers with sloping shoulders for my knitwear to avoid lumpy shoulders on my cardigans

I don’t take shower gel as lovely White Company products are provided.They provide shampoo and conditioner too but like most people it seems I like my own.

2 hours ago, GOQ said:

I've only had an inside cabin once, but on that occasion a torch, just in case.

I just use the light on my phone 😊

A really nice shower gel like Molton Brown

some nuts and nibbles to have with cabin drinks

some pegs to keep the curtains fully closed at night 

more take on booze than permitted!!!! 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I always take our own shower gel, shampoo and hand wash because I prefer my own to the ones supplied but since we took my niece's little girl on a cruise she reminds us to bring back " the posh little soaps and shampoos " for her.

I also take my hairdryer and straighteners, I find the hairdriers in the cabins to be very unwieldy.

Edited by Josy1953

11 minutes ago, Dorset cruise fan said:

I didn't think you were supposed to take your own hair dryer. Doesn't it overload the system or something?

The kettles in the cabins are checked by the ships electrical  engineer team and carry 

a label of safety  and if you take your own you should give their team chance to check

your dryer out but suspect many do not . :classic_unsure: 

1731083904_checked-label-Testequipment-.jpg.54df802b8307bbd20e011b47b49018af.jpg

• Like 1

I never thought so many people take their own pillows to hotels.  Sounde like the sort of question you might get on Richard Osman's House of games:

Fingers on buzzers - 

What percentage of the UK holiday makers regularly took their own pillowcases on holidays in 2019?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We always take our own toiletries as I'm not keen on the smell of the ones provided.

The ship provides a balcony light, but we always take a fake candle to go onto the little table for late chats and nightcaps under the stars.  Sometimes, we don't go to a show or anything, just come back after dinner and enjoy our balcony...can't wait to do it again.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

We also take a small fresh milk on as you say last about 5 days then we order room service breakfast, keep the milk jug they send and then every day go and get the milk up from the buffet as that one is fine better than the small long life milk you get in the cabin .

I order milk from room service free

16 minutes ago, rumbalizw said:

I order milk from room service free

You do all realise that all the milk on board is UHT, daily deliveries from the milkman in his little electric milk float are a bit difficult at sea!

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

You do all realise that all the milk on board is UHT, daily deliveries from the milkman in his little electric milk float are a bit difficult at sea!

I thought people on here were better educated than that on the ways of the ocean.  They obviously do get fresh milk every day, the Captain sends a couple of the crew every morning to milk the Sea cows. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, davemorton said:

I thought people on here were better educated than that on the ways of the ocean.  They obviously do get fresh milk every day, the Captain sends a couple of the crew every morning to milk the Sea cows. 

Nice response ,thanks 

Just now, wowzz said:

And UHT skimmed milk tastes the same as fresh. 

It's the plastic small containers in the cabins many don't like . 

• Like 1