How will these restrictions affect Seabourn?

SLSD

On 5/8/2021 at 3:38 PM, fdnycruiser said:

I’m booked on a cruise in November from Greece to Singapore via Dubai. I’m very interested to see how these first cruises work out, but wouldn’t want to be on it. I’m also very interested to see how the itinerary on my booked cruise will look like if it does sale. Interesting and frustrating times for all of us cruise fans.

We'll be on the July 3 Greece and will let you know how it goes.

On 5/9/2021 at 6:29 PM, hoya68 said:

We are booked on the December Antarctic cruise and are also planning a week in Italy in October. As long as Seabourn requires vaccination of all passengers (by December boosters will likely be available) the risk, according to published statistics is extremely small. I think by Fall Europe will be in pretty good shape and even in less developed areas the situation should markedly improve by late in the year, as vaccinations roll out. If Seabourn changes its vaccination requirements, we may very well bail out of the December cruise.

We'll be on December too.

Thank you to all those out there going on cruises this year.  I shall be watching this board avidly to see how it goes.

I have to say... wearing a mask round the pool does not appeal.  I am a constant mask wearer, and just wonder why it can't be like Spain (we go a lot when we're allowed!)

On the beach you have to wear a mask unless you are lying down.  The minute you get up and walk, the mask goes on.  

Given that SB ships are never really cramped, I wonder if it might evolve to this.  

6 hours ago, Mauzac said:

Thank you to all those out there going on cruises this year.  I shall be watching this board avidly to see how it goes.

I have to say... wearing a mask round the pool does not appeal.  I am a constant mask wearer, and just wonder why it can't be like Spain (we go a lot when we're allowed!)

On the beach you have to wear a mask unless you are lying down.  The minute you get up and walk, the mask goes on.  

Given that SB ships are never really cramped, I wonder if it might evolve to this.  

Things are changing fast, here in the USA, with our CDC issuing new statements/policies almost on a daily basis.  I think they have finally woken up to the idea that vaccines do work and they must modify their policies to incorporate their own data.  They are already backing off the idea that cruise ship passengers would need to wear masks outdoors and I will stick out my neck and predict that within a short period of time they will acknowledge that fully vaccinated folks do not need to wear masks on ships or just about anywhere else.  

SB has no obligation to follow CDC recommendations on their cruises that do not involve US Ports, but the CDC can certainly give SB some "cover" to relax policies.  I keep tossing out a simple question.  Is there any scientific evidence or peer reviewed study that supports mask wearing among a group of fully vaccinated folks?  As far as I can determine the answer is a strong NO!

Hank

7 hours ago, Hlitner said:

Things are changing fast, here in the USA, with our CDC issuing new statements/policies almost on a daily basis.  I think they have finally woken up to the idea that vaccines do work and they must modify their policies to incorporate their own data.  They are already backing off the idea that cruise ship passengers would need to wear masks outdoors and I will stick out my neck and predict that within a short period of time they will acknowledge that fully vaccinated folks do not need to wear masks on ships or just about anywhere else.  

SB has no obligation to follow CDC recommendations on their cruises that do not involve US Ports, but the CDC can certainly give SB some "cover" to relax policies.  I keep tossing out a simple question.  Is there any scientific evidence or peer reviewed study that supports mask wearing among a group of fully vaccinated folks?  As far as I can determine the answer is a strong NO!

Hank

I think you're right here, and everyone is learning all the time.  As we keep calling it here 'an abundance of caution' !  

Our SB cruise is not until Autumn 2022 so we can wait to see how it pans out.  But we would like to slip another cruise in, in the Spring if at all possible!  

Just incidentally, we are well towards a 'vaccination certificate' and our NHS has now activated this on their app and I can see mine, very reassuring !