Copenhagen Hotel Options?

back in August of 2016, my husband and I stayed in the Wake Up Borgergade in Copenhagen.  The room was very compact but arranged so that you never felt squashed. We really liked the place. No AC but even in August weather was cool. The train inside the airport drops you off just a few blocks from the hotel. It was not that long a walk from the Borgergade to the famous Nyhavn district either. I just looked the hotel up on its website and the rooms are going for around $120 per night.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Have read through these posts and haven’t seen our hotel posted yet, so am worried we might have picked poorly??

we have booked SKT. Annae for 2 nights before our cruise on May 1.

Does anyone have any feedback for this hotel (please)

1 hour ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

BTW, anyone checked the entry requirements for Denmark recently?

There will be no Denmark requirements but the might be ship protocol guidelines - check with your cruise line - however  much might happened before July.

12 minutes ago, hallasm said:

There will be no Denmark requirements but the might be ship protocol guidelines - check with your cruise line - however  much might happened before July.

Thanks, yes, at the moment Regent still demands a test.  But it's still a long way away.

7 hours ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

BTW, anyone checked the entry requirements for Denmark recently?  Will we be able to get tested in Copenhagen before we board our ship (assuming it's still required in July?)

If you are vaccinated there is no restriction getting into Denmark 

https://en.coronasmitte.dk/travel-rules/covidtravelrules

Edited by Airbalancer
  • Like 1

On 2/4/2022 at 3:32 PM, lynncarol said:

back in August of 2016, my husband and I stayed in the Wake Up Borgergade in Copenhagen.  The room was very compact but arranged so that you never felt squashed. We really liked the place. No AC but even in August weather was cool. The train inside the airport drops you off just a few blocks from the hotel. It was not that long a walk from the Borgergade to the famous Nyhavn district either. I just looked the hotel up on its website and the rooms are going for around $120 per night.  

We staying at wake up Bernstorffsgade  in August, I thought the size of the cabin will get us ready to get onto a cruise for 3 weeks 🤣

On 7/22/2021 at 9:04 AM, Wendy The Wanderer said:

So am I right in thinking that the hotel, 71 Nyhavn, was not implicated in late night noise?  This is one I'm considering for next July.  We want somewhere that's pretty, generally easy to get to, and easy strolling distance to some restaurants and pubs (can't do a lot of walking).  And it must have an elevator.  I understand most hotels don't have AC--could this be a problem in July?  (I note that Copenhagen is currently 22C, which is obviously fine.)

I have reservations for the 71 Nyhavn for our April 2022 cruise. I’d be happy to let you know how our stay was ? 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/9/2021 at 3:29 PM, nini said:

I appreciate your offer!

I have been looking more closely at the suggestions from the "Wonderful Copenhagen" thread. It appears that A/C is uncommon in hotels. Plus, the ones that look great are pretty expensive (about $420.00 per night (2565 DKK per night). We will be there in early June; would this be a true concern? We live in a very cool climate.

Suggestions on location would be great. We are 4 adults in our 70's and can do some walking. Ease of reaching the hotel, proximity to "tourist highlights" like Tivoli, and ease of transportation to the cruise ship are important factors. We will be on the Enchanted Princess.

I have stayed at Wakeup Copenhagen hotels they are clean and inexpensive. I will be staying at Hotel Bethel due to its location. Very central and within walking distance of attractions.Also check the Scandic hotels. Use hotels.com, Priceline or Skyscanner to locate good rates. Then you can book with them or book directly with the hotel.

1 hour ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

We're booked at the 71 Nynhavn Hotel, which was recommended by good friends of ours.  But I'm also looking at either the Marriot or the Skt Petri.  Any comments on either?

All three hotel are are excellent.

Where Marriott is an international hotel by international standards, 71 Nynhavn Hotel and Skt Petri are more local.  The Marriott is further away from the old part of town while the other two hotels are a bit more central.  My immediate suggestion is St. Petri.  

St. Petri is also closest to the metro and train station

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hallasm said:

All three hotel are are excellent.

Where Marriott is an international hotel by international standards, 71 Nynhavn Hotel and Skt Petri are more local.  The Marriott is further away from the old part of town while the other two hotels are a bit more central.  My immediate suggestion is St. Petri.  

St. Petri is also closest to the metro and train station

Thank you, I'll look at the St. Petri, although the other two are being offered by our cruise line, which is why I asked about them.

47 minutes ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Sorry, I just realized "Skt" is Danish for "St"!  I'll keep your recommendation in mind if we decide to go with the cruise line offering.

It's funny, I had actually looked at this hotel earlier because it's near the university, and read about the area.  We like that type of area and ambience, but then our friends recommended the 71 Nynhavn and we went with that.  

On 4/14/2022 at 1:54 PM, Wendy The Wanderer said:

It's funny, I had actually looked at this hotel earlier because it's near the university, and read about the area.  We like that type of area and ambience, but then our friends recommended the 71 Nynhavn and we went with that.  

We had a most enjoyable stay at 71 Nynhavn pre-cruise for three days and loved the location. We really enjoyed the breakfast - wonderful omelettes.  Many restaurants at your doorstep and pretty setting.

• Like 1

On 5/9/2021 at 2:50 AM, nini said:

Fingers crossed, we will be in Copenhagen in June 2022! The only thing I know about Copenhagen is Tivoli Gardens. I

So, what are your favorite places to stay? We hope to stay 3-4 nights pre-cruise and do our sightseeing. 

They "routine" would be the usual; getting from the airport to the hotel, touring for a few days, getting from the hotel to the port.

I appreciate your thoughts and experiences!

First of all with convenient location obviously important to you, which docking(pier) location will you be departing from??  They are NOT all located together. That alone could make a differnce or have an influence on youtr selection. 3,4, or 5 star requirement? Breakfast included ?

What ship and date?

11 minutes ago, 45640 said:

First of all with convenient location obviously important to you, which docking(pier) location will you be departing from??  They are NOT all located together. That alone could make a differnce or have an influence on youtr selection. 3,4, or 5 star requirement? Breakfast included ?

What ship and date?

Is there a website that will tell us this information?  My embarkation date is July 8th, on Regent Seven Seas Splendor.