That Bundle of Bacon

I know the rules aren't out yet.... and we're only  left to wonder what life on board will be like in these crazy times.... but more than the possibility of masks in the theater or no more running toward strangers to play quest, I'm thinking Windjammer as we know it has to significantly change.

I love RCI guests, but lets face it Windjammer is that one place on the ship where we see us at our worst.... oh the many people I've seen licking syrup off their fingers then going back to the buffet line grabbing spoons......   or wiping their nose and reaching for the ketchup bottle.

My wife never was a real fan, she likes breakfast on the balcony, or something light and healthy from the solarium bistro.

But I can't lie, one of my favorite parts of a cruise is waking up in the morning and going upstairs grabbing an empty plate and going for That Bundle of Bacon!   It sits there, glistening in artery clogging oil, but it's there for the taking, as much as you want, and it's just sooo good.  I admit to putting a nice little pile on my plate, and smiling.  Knowing I'm shaving a few years off my life.... 

But having someone hand me two little slivers of fried goodness won't be the same.    While I'm just glad to be going, I will miss That Bundle of Bacon the most.

What say you?   Anything you think  will likely be different that you will really miss on your next cruise?

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

I'm gonna miss the crowded hot muster drills.  Seriously.  I wish I was participating in one right now. It would mean two things, I would be starting a cruise and there is no Covid.

Edited by soremekun
  • Like 11
  • Haha 1

Two slivers of bacon just won't do.  I'll stand there until they load up my plate with as much bacon as I want and then top it off with a couple of sausage links.  And BTW I want the crunchy bacon.

Edited by ipeeinthepool
  • Like 11

I hope these will be the biggest issues we have - 

Just wait until the syrup from the pancakes drips on that  wonderful mask and you have to wear to get out of the venue you are in or be put on the plank for not wearing the mask. 

Maybe make a mask out of the bacon!

14 minutes ago, Stick93 said:

I hope these will be the biggest issues we have - 

Just wait until the syrup from the pancakes drips on that  wonderful mask and you have to wear to get out of the venue you are in or be put on the plank for not wearing the mask. 

Maybe make a mask out of the bacon!

EC6AA6FA-1D47-4E1E-A81D-B3E8DAEAEC21.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

Cannot fathom how "American bacon" can be called bacon... One cut or bite and the stuff splinters like glass showering everywhere.

Now British bacon (sometimes called Canadian on some sailings) are thin slabs of floppy greasy & fatty gammon designed to stay put when cut into and of course much richer in essential artery clogging oils.

As to quantity, in service buffets, my Mrs has long ago perfected the art of just standing and staring at the carvery man until a huge heap of meat has accumulated.

You can always tell the Brit at the breakfast buffet as we are the ones with everything fried piled up and then covered in baked beans. And being British leaving a clean plate.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

A little off topic, but the thing I miss most about cruise food is no good old fashioned patty style country sausage. Those Vienna sausage sized wieners they call sausage just don’t cut it with me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ipeeinthepool said:

You can also toss the turkey sausage in the same can.

There's a reason most people in America only eat turkey once a year....

or that there are no fast food restaurants (like Popeyes, BoJangles, Chic Filet etc) specializing in turkey.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

A little off topic, but the thing I miss most about cruise food is no good old fashioned patty style country sausage. Those Vienna sausage sized wieners they call sausage just don’t cut it with me. 

Not off-topic!

Good sausage is made from pork!

One could make the argument that they will be doing us a favor by portioning our plates.

However, I tend to think that they will indulge us. Besides, I don't mind making multiple trips for refills. I also think that self-service will be back sooner than later since contaminated surfaces are not major contributors to the spread of Covid.

• Like 2