Passenger list

We think they should bring back a list of all passengers in the ship to all ..

Like they did in the past Put it in the cruise compass for all to see. W e could have a relative in the ship.

If someone dont want it say no to be  in list say no..We could have a cousin a niece  ..

It will be nice to know that someone we know is the cruise.

Best regards,

Manny & Lydia LI NY

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, juncos said:

Like they did in the past Put it in the cruise compass for all to see. W e could have a relative in the ship.

If someone dont want it say no to be  in list say no..We could have a cousin a niece  ..

Best regards,

Manny & Lydia LI NY

Nope

27 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

For people with unusual names, that list could make it possible for anybody to locate their address, a place that will more than likely be unoccupied for about a week.  

Yeah I'm sure there are a lot of cruisers who know burglars around the country they could contact with this info.... 🙂

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, juncos said:

Best regards,

Manny & Lydia LI NY

No thanks! Never ever seen that on any of our RC cruises. What cruise line did/does that? 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, bouhunter said:

Yeah I'm sure there are a lot of cruisers who know burglars around the country they could contact with this info.... 🙂

There were incidents around ten years ago where a customer service rep from one of the cruise lines (possibly Princess) was providing addresses and dates to burglars, straight from the cruise lines records.

9 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

There were incidents around ten years ago where a customer service rep from one of the cruise lines (possibly Princess) was providing addresses and dates to burglars, straight from the cruise lines records.

In the Princess Patter? 

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, davekathy said:

No thanks! Never ever seen that on any of our RC cruises. What cruise line did/does that? 

They all used to do it. If you search for information on cruise passenger lists you can find out about it. 

Edited by time4u2go
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

For people with unusual names, that list could make it possible for anybody to locate their address, a place that will more than likely be unoccupied for about a week.  

Check out the Roll Calls here. Especially, the World Cruise.

Some folks put their full names and home towns on the Roll Call.

• Like 1

Our first cruise in 1979 had a booklet with all the names.  I wondered at the time about people cruising with some one other than their spouse.  Would the girlfriend or boyfriend want that information in writing?  This was before the internet for most of us.

My first cruises with Sitmar (80’s), included a booklet with names, but this was long before social media. Nowadays, no thank you. On some roll calls, where someone is keeping a spreadsheet, I don’t even give my cabin number or last name.

Edited by crzndeb

6 minutes ago, CruisenOne said:

Check out the Roll Calls here. Especially, the World Cruise.

Some folks put their full names and home towns on the Roll Call.

Probably the same prople that post every detail of their day on facebook.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

Nail on the head.  Privacy issue.  Liability issue.  The last list I saw, many years ago, was found in a binder in the Next Cruise space.  List of C&A members with number of points.

I favor anonymity but once on a Vision out of Galveston (when we lived in TX) we were up on level 2 of the Centrum, looked down and a group of people were taking photos on the steps.  I said, doesn't that look like Rachel (our niece) and danged if it wasn't.  She was on a cruise with her boyfriend's family, we all met them and it was great fun, but no surprise if we had seen a list.