2021 Australian Cruises Cancelled

AussieBoyTX

It appears that the remaining "Australians Only" cruises this winter have been cancelled. They're no longer searchable on Ponant.com and I found this article: https://karryon.com.au/industry-news/total-eclipse-scenic-forced-to-cancel-its-2021-kimberley-program/ 

The Scenic Group has confirmed that its planned exclusive Scenic Eclipse Kimberley program, which was scheduled to operate six departures from 19 June to 8 August 2021 will not proceed.

Over the past few months, Scenic has been working closely with industry bodies such as the Cruise Line Industry Association (CLIA) and the relevant Federal, State and Territory Government authorities, agencies and national health committees, to ensure it complys with all the protocols to operate in the Kimberley region.

However, despite the Scenic management and operations team’s best efforts, the existing restrictions regarding international flagged vessels mean that it is currently not feasible for Scenic Eclipse to operate in Australian coastal waters.

Edited by AussieBoyTX

• 1 month later...
23 hours ago, AussieBoyTX said:

Further on this topic, cruise ban extended to September 2021. I don't know if the schedule has changed, but the earliest Australian cruise on Ponant's Australian site departs August 28.

https://www.cruisehive.com/australia-extends-cruise-ban-even-further/51812 

We are on this cruise. I spoke with Ponant last week, they have advised they will notify minimum of 45 days prior. 

The 18th August cruise was cancelled last week.

Assuming ours will be cancelled by the end of the week.

At least they are cancelling before final payment is due.

However I've been messaging someone on the 18th cruise and she advised they are not offering refunds on the deposit. I thought this had already been addressed and they had to offer a refund. will wait and see

3 hours ago, gogo65 said:

We are on this cruise. I spoke with Ponant last week, they have advised they will notify minimum of 45 days prior. 

The 18th August cruise was cancelled last week.

Assuming ours will be cancelled by the end of the week.

At least they are cancelling before final payment is due.

However I've been messaging someone on the 18th cruise and she advised they are not offering refunds on the deposit. I thought this had already been addressed and they had to offer a refund. will wait and see

Good luck.

The Serenity policy says you get free rebooking or 100% credit of all sums paid. Does seem to suffer vaguery from Franglais translation... https://au.ponant.com/book-with-confidence 

• 2 weeks later...