Cozumel Barhop trip/Hotel B - Live - 5/16-5/19

Saint Greg

Tom from the Cozumel Barhop just called me. He's going to give us a ride from the airport. We're going to keep that on the down low. Apparently they don't like people picking people up at the airport. The barhop is on Tuesday. He's supposed to be sending me details. He was happy my friend booked the trip and said he would get a free barhop as well.

• Like 9

If you’ve been following me for awhile you probably know I pay for all of my cruises with carnival gift cards…which was great until a global pandemic hit. Now it’s a cluster. Anyway I’m constantly getting shipments from fedex that are always gift card refunds.

My last cancellation was the April cruises which I believe were canceled in February. I thought I was totally refunded in March but I just got a gift card a couple weeks ago and I just got an alert that one is coming on Monday. Fortunately when you click on the package in the Fed Ex app they have a vacation hold option. This will be my first time using that so we’ll see how it goes.

EF5F3E0B-7746-4435-8DEB-5331FB07B859.jpeg

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 3

My sister has AT&T and is going through basically the same thing you’re going through with them saying they didn’t receive her phone for credit on her account. She has been going back and forth with them since September. Same situation where she mailed it back with the prepaid label, yet they said they never received it, so they tacked an $800 charge onto her bill, which she isn’t paying. Such a headache trying to get it straightened out.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, blarko said:

My sister has AT&T and is going through basically the same thing you’re going through with them saying they didn’t receive her phone for credit on her account. She has been going back and forth with them since September. Same situation where she mailed it back with the prepaid label, yet they said they never received it, so they tacked an $800 charge onto her bill, which she isn’t paying. Such a headache trying to get it straightened out.

Well the good thing with mine is I took a picture of the box before I mailed it so I had the tracking number. So they credited my account but before I provided that information, they weren’t believing me.

• Like 2

I looked at my plane seats last night. When I selected my seat I had an aisle seat and nobody in the middle seat on both flights. Now there's someone in the middle seat on the way to Cozumel but not on the way back. But the seat across the aisle is empty and so is the middle seat so I moved over there and hopefully nobody books the middle seat....including people I know on the flight.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

It's a well kept secret.

You do go to great lengths to keep your "cover"... I guess that my cat has been out of the bag for awhile... I wish that I was going to be in Cozumel this week... 

• Like 6

Just now, sid_9169 said:

You do go to great lengths to keep your "cover"... I guess that my cat has been out of the bag for awhile... I wish that I was going to be in Cozumel this week... 

I'm like Batman.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

He's gonna wonder why you're taking so many pics of your food. 😄

That was the point in the Encore trip that I ended up having to tell "C" what I was up to... "Why are you taking five pictures of your food and drinks?"...

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

He's gonna wonder why you're taking so many pics of your food. 😄

He knows that part. He always asks for pictures from my cruises. I text them to him so he knows I have all the pictures but he's never asked why. He's separated enough from most of my life that if he found out it wouldn't be a killer. He already knows more than most do.

• Like 3

I picked up whataburger for lunch. It was a cluster today. They have the line by the window and an outside lane. I hate the outside lane. Sometimes I go somewhere else if they try to send me to the outside lane. Today I had the inside lane. They tried to charge me the wrong total I was like "that's not my order." she reads it off. It includes mayo and a dr. pepper. I'm like "no that's not mine." Some guy in the outside lane screams "that's my dr. pepper!" The window girl leaves and comes back. Again she tries to charge me the wrong total. I say "no that's not mine." She reads off the order again. The guy in the outside lane screams "That's my double!" The guy in the outside lane screams "can you get my order right? I gotta spit." I"m using the word spit but it's not spit. The girl comes out. The guy screams "I had a double all the way add cheese with a dr. pepper. Can you make it quick I really gotta spit!" He points at the worker with the tablet. "And just so you know, that guy is dumber than a bucket of shrimp!"  The girl goes back inside and returns with a bag. The guy screams "Thanks I really gotta spit!"

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

That was the point in the Encore trip that I ended up having to tell "C" what I was up to... "Why are you taking five pictures of your food and drinks?"...

Five is excessive.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

I remember when you told your long time friend about your writings and he couldn’t believe it was you writing them.

Greg needs to start posting pics of himself in his reviews. At least start out the way you used to do it, with your face strategically placed behind the camera.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, blarko said:

I remember when you told your long time friend about your writings and he couldn’t believe it was you writing them.

Greg needs to start posting pics of himself in his reviews. At least start out the way you used to do it, with your face strategically placed behind the camera.

Nah not happening. The main thing is not everyone knows about this and I’d like to keep it that way. But I’ve never been a big picture person. The only two pictures I was excited to take were with George HW Bush and Drew Brees. Other than that you’ll have to find my mom’s Facebook to find one.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2