Sept from Charleston out apparently

mlshum

22 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Yeah, my guess would be what @babygrljaz said: since they have now got some form of plan for going forward, they might be limiting capacity a lot more actively.

Anyone seen any other cruises disappear?

Either that or they are removing them to stop the FCC hoppers from jumping in front of cruises that they expect to be cancelled. Some people have a bunch of cruises lined up by maximizing on cancellations and FCC's. Why leave them open (more exposure) when the resumption of cruising is in sight? I expect to see more dialing in and fine tuning as the resumption date gets closer. They can generate more cash by giving larger discounts (say $300 off or more) off cruises they expect to sail and that must be paid vs collecting small deposits and then having folks extend final payments and milk off FCC's of $600. They should have never allowed FCC's on any booking that weren't paid in full. This left a large opening for people to take advantage. I'm sure many did and it would be easy to figure out but probably not much they could do.       

Edited by cruisingguy007

I posted this on another post yesterday after noticing several changes on the booking website, including adding back a couple of ships in August and removing several from September.  This post was shortly before they announced the changes for July.  I feel like they have a plan to start three ships in July (more likely August) a couple of more in August and a few more in September. The smaller ports like Mobile and Charleston probably won't  be among them.  I also don't feel Mardi Gras will be among the first ships back. Just speculation on my part, but that's about all anyone can do right now.

From the bookings available on the website now, it appears, as with the way it has been looking for days now, that Vista and Breeze out of Galveston and Horizon out of Miami will be the first three ships to start back, perhaps as early as mid to late July.  It appears that there is a target of August 12 out of Port Canaveral with the Elation, August 14 for the Sunrise out of Miami and August 21 for the Panorama out of Long Beach. September shows two more ports, New Orleans and Baltimore.

I am probably reading way too much into this, but the website has foretold many cancellations over the  past year. Hopefully, it is foretelling some good news this time.  With all the rearranging on the website the last couple of days of what is available and what is not, I'm certainly hopeful that is the case.  Only  time will tell, but I'm more hopeful now than anytime the last year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruisingguy007 said:

Either that or they are removing them to stop the FCC hoppers from jumping in front of cruises that they expect to be cancelled. Some people have a bunch of cruises lined up by maximizing on cancellations and FCC's. Why leave them open (more exposure) when the resumption of cruising is in sight? I expect to see more dialing in and fine tuning as the resumption date gets closer. They can generate more cash by giving larger discounts (say $300 off or more) off cruises they expect to sail and that must be paid vs collecting small deposits and then having folks extend final payments and milk off FCC's of $600. They should have never allowed FCC's on any booking that weren't paid in full. This left a large opening for people to take advantage. I'm sure many did and it would be easy to figure out but probably not much they could do.       

I agree, however, it seems prices have gone up quite a bit, at least for the short term. I think they wanted to keep a pretty high percentage of cabins booked for whenever they're ready to start. It takes a while to sell enough to fill them ships.

3 hours ago, babygrljaz said:

maybe they're at capacity  🤞🤞

That's what my PVP said.  I was hoping to move my cancelled July Sunshine cruise to the Labor Day Sunshine cruise (just a few days ago plenty of staterooms available) then poof, gone.  So I moved to a Sunshine cruise in Jan 2022.

17 hours ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Yeah, my guess would be what @babygrljaz said: since they have now got some form of plan for going forward, they might be limiting capacity a lot more actively.

Anyone seen any other cruises disappear?

Yes, Dream sailings out of Galveston. We have a Sept 5th that disappeared! Nothing for the Dream until OCT. 

8 minutes ago, embarkation75 said:

As others have stated, I suspect smaller ports such as Jacksonville, Mobile, and Charleston will restart father down the line. Looking forward to someday sailing out of Charleston as I'm not cruising out of Florida again.

We just booked out first CCL cruise (9/2) on Sunday out of JAX and on Monday all of the September and October ones were gone.

9 minutes ago, embarkation75 said:

As others have stated, I suspect smaller ports such as Jacksonville, Mobile, and Charleston will restart father down the line. Looking forward to someday sailing out of Charleston as I'm not cruising out of Florida again.

I'm looking forward to cruising out of Charleston because I love Charleston and it's only a three hour drive away from our home.  😁

• 2 weeks later...

We were sailing in March and rebooked for labor day weekend.  I also noticed no sailings were available in September so I logged into Carnival to check our sailing and it said "the information you submitted indicates that your cruise has not been cancelled".  I guess we will see what happens, I'm hoping they have just reached their capacity limit! I live in Charleston so this cruise is super convenient for us.

21 minutes ago, cleifheit2019 said:

We were sailing in March and rebooked for labor day weekend.  I also noticed no sailings were available in September so I logged into Carnival to check our sailing and it said "the information you submitted indicates that your cruise has not been cancelled".  I guess we will see what happens, I'm hoping they have just reached their capacity limit! I live in Charleston so this cruise is super convenient for us.

Our 9/2 JAX cruise was closed the day after we booked. If it’s due to capacity,  I wonder what limit they are considering.