What would you choose???? Glory Stateroom Selection

Family of four (Mom, Dad, and 2 teens).  What would you choose????

Option 1 - 1 Oceanview for all 4 of us (we have done it, but the kids were only about 7 & 9 at the time).

Option 2 - 1 Balcony 

Option 3 - 2 Connecting Oceanview Cabins

Option 2 is about $650 more than option 1.

Option 3 is about $1050 more than option 1.

I am typically all about saving the money, but we haven't cruised since 2019 (like most of us), so I am okay with splurging a little.  Hubs prefers the 2 connecting oceanviews while I lean towards saving at least some cash and going with a balcony.  

Give me your best pro / cons!

Balcony for four of you - teens will be out and about most of time - enjoyment of balcony if you the mom want to relax there alone - we used to cruise with two teens in an interior (funds tight but loved to cruise) and have no bad memories of those times. 

Have you considered 1 Balcony and 1 Inside, same hall?   

We did this once, we got a balcony and the kids were in the Inside right across the hall.  Made it easy for them to get some air if they wanted it, and still gave us enough room and most importantly, a second bathroom!!

WOW, Jamman54 had the same suggestion and must have posted while I was typing.    GMTA Jamman

Edited by ULCajunCruiser
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jamman54 said:

When our two boys became teens, we would get a balcony cabin for ourselves and put the boys in an inside cabin across the hall. Food for thought. 😎

Highly recommend this option. 

9 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

When our two boys became teens, we would get a balcony cabin for ourselves and put the boys in an inside cabin across the hall. Food for thought. 😎

This is what we've done also and it works well. If there were a way to make it work it would be the option that I would choose.

11 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Agree, we did this when we cruised from San Juan. It was great, especially at night with them coming in late. Late afternoon, they were in our room using the balcony .

10 hours ago, dezertcruzer said:

You'll need the two bathrooms!

I'm not sure about Glory, but the I know the Dream class ships have ocean view rooms with 2 bathrooms. Well more like 1.75.  It may be worth checking.

Thanks everyone!  We ended up booking the balcony for me!  I really enjoy mid afternoon naps in the sun on the balcony as well as late nights when everyone else might be ready for bed.  Easier to go sit out there and enjoy the ocean sounds than leaving the cabin and trying to get back in without waking everyone!  Kids also agreed (not that it was left up to them!) that they really are in the cabin so little that it didn't matter to them.  So we will take the "extra" money we saved and use it on an excursion or something!   

• Thanks 1

I have done both and the balcony with four was cramped. Four people in a cabin just really fill it up and the Balcony cannot seat more than three. By the end of a seven day cruise everyone was ready for some space. Now another choice that we liked a lot better was putting the teen kids in an interior across the hall from our Balcony room. They were able to use our Balcony whenever they wanted, but their beds and all their stuff was nicely contained across the hall. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Cruising with kiddos said:

Thanks everyone!  We ended up booking the balcony for me!  I really enjoy mid afternoon naps in the sun on the balcony as well as late nights when everyone else might be ready for bed.  Easier to go sit out there and enjoy the ocean sounds than leaving the cabin and trying to get back in without waking everyone!  Kids also agreed (not that it was left up to them!) that they really are in the cabin so little that it didn't matter to them.  So we will take the "extra" money we saved and use it on an excursion or something!   

Yeah for you, good choice, as I said earlier we even did Inside with four and have great memories, and as someone else said and even now when it is just the two of us in a cabin often husband will  go to spa and use showers there, send the boys - ha!

40 minutes ago, asalligo said:

I have done both and the balcony with four was cramped. Four people in a cabin just really fill it up and the Balcony cannot seat more than three. By the end of a seven day cruise everyone was ready for some space. Now another choice that we liked a lot better was putting the teen kids in an interior across the hall from our Balcony room. They were able to use our Balcony whenever they wanted, but their beds and all their stuff was nicely contained across the hall. 

Agree, 4 sleeping in 160 sf, if someone wakes up during the night and needs to pee, its crowded, but doable.

Glad the OP was able to decide.

• Like 1

Option 4 as has been suggested  with balcony and inside.   This way you get the best of both worlds since the teens are never in the cabin besides sleeping and showering.   You also can split the kids so that whichever 1 of you wishes to purchases Cheers can do so.

2 hours ago, SCBarker said:

I'm not sure about Glory, but the I know the Dream class ships have ocean view rooms with 2 bathrooms. Well more like 1.75.  It may be worth checking.

Only dream class had this, not conquest class.

• Thanks 1