The Daily for Friday May 14, 2021

richwmn

Woo hoo.

I heard from Roy.  He is settled into a room and feeling ok except for a sore throat.  Understandably he won’t be on his phone tonight so my next update will most likely be tomorrow.

I am very encouraged that it was HE who sent this email ♥️ 

• Like 24
  • Thanks 4

Moved out of recovery about 90 minutes ago and just got my stuff back.  I had nothing to do with @kazu’s first message.  They told me before the surgery they would call my niece (prime emergency contact) after the surgery and Amanda’s message was spot on.  OK except for a sore throat.

Roy 

• Like 40
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, rafinmd said:

Moved out of recovery about 90 minutes ago and just got my stuff back.  I had nothing to do with @kazu’s first message.  They told me before the surgery they would call my niece (prime emergency contact) after the surgery and Amanda’s message was spot on.  OK except for a sore throat.

Roy 

I asked if anyone had heard.  And I reported when I did.  I hope that was ok, my friend?

• Like 10

4 hours ago, kochleffel said:

I would use cypress mulch if I could get it. Most of the commercial mulch here is just dyed wood chips, and I have undyed wood chips just from chipping prunings and brush. However, rubber is the only commercial mulch that I won't use.

Our local nursery carries the cypress mulch.  I’ve also found it at the orange big box hardware, building supply, gardening store.  I’m not sure if I can name it, but the initials are what we use for male spouses. 😜

Lenda

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, kazu said:

Woo hoo.

I heard from Roy.  He is settled into a room and feeling ok except for a sore throat.  Understandably he won’t be on his phone tonight so my next update will most likely be tomorrow.

Just got through with yard work.  Great news about Roy, especially that your heard directly from him.  

Lenda

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Roy 

Great to hear from you.  Rest and get better.

Lenda

• Like 8

35 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Roy 

Roy, how is the chow in there? Kinda like dinner in the Pinnacle Grill? 😉 

• Like 9
  • Haha 16

48 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Roy 

Great news. Now the recovery begins. Every day a little stronger.

• Like 10

50 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Roy 

Great news!  Rest !  Hope  you are feeling better soon!!

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

I have never been so delighted to stand corrected! 😃

I wish I could remember which the name of the wine.  All I know is it was on the cellar 2 or 3 package because if was in package 1, I would have ordered it.  🍷

Lenda

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good afternoon everyone and Happy Friday!  Thank you for the Daily Rich. 

Thank you Jacqui @kazufor the lists and for the great news about Roy @rafinmd!!  

I have been to Cabo San Lucas 3 times.  The first was in May 2000 on the Volendam, then October 2002 on the Statendam, lastly December 2016 on the Westerdam.  I agree with @Quartzsite Cruiserabout the changes at the port between 2002 and 2016. We preferred the sleepy town that it used to be. 

Between 1995 and 2001, there was a lot of change from a sleepy fishing village to a tourist magnet/trap.  By 2001, there was a Hard Rock Cafe followed shortly by Planet Hollywood — bye bye sleepy village, hello tourist Mecca without the charm.  

And, now everything has shifted to the waterfront.

I’m just glad we saw it “when”.

Lenda

• Like 6

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Roy 

I have had open heart surgery for aortic valve replacement. Sounds like your doing great. Great Blessings!

• Like 9

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Roy 

So pleased to see that you have recovered sufficiently to post on this thread.

Woke in the night thinking of you, so was pleased to see the earlier message from Kazu.

Take care.

Edited by erewhon
  • Like 11

Thanks for all the daily information and photos.

We have been to Cabo San Lucas years ago,  during our  Panama Canal cruise on the Statendam.

Weather forecast was for rain today, but we have blue skies and sunshine.

Will be out for dinner tonight.

@summer slopeCongratulations on your 55th Anniversary.

@GeorgeCharlie congratulations for your 50th Anniversry tomorrow.

Take care everyone.

• Like 10

1 minute ago, lindaler said:

As I was having dinner I looked up and saw this. I thought a pretty sunset might cheer up Roy. 

4C87A990-B26B-47D0-9FA9-D07A2B744281.jpeg

🌺Linda this is a stunning photo you took!! I know Roy will enjoy it and with a smile. Very peaceful!

A photo worth painting!

Thank you

Denise😊

• Like 13

5 hours ago, kazu said:

Woo hoo.

That's awesome. Glad to hear he's doing well.

• Like 8