Huge setback on Quantum just announced

Limitations in dining where you can only eat inside your cabin or grabbing a premade sandwich seems pretty depressing to me. Might as well stay at home.

• Like 1

Limit of 50 guests to view onboard entertainment is another huge negative. Not the fault of the cruise line, but just another hurtle in getting cruises back to where follks aren't scared to book them due to restrictions where it  is a better experience to stay at home than to be on a ship. No blaming the CDC here. Just seems that governments worldwide are overreacting in regards with cruising getting back to normal.

Edited by coaster
  • Like 1

Wow I wouldnt be happy to be confined more or less to my cabin if there wasnt even a outbreak onboard. If there was a outbreak would make sense but not just because Singapore locked down. 

Probably the pax paid and had no choice of a refund.

• Like 1

Doesn’t sound like a dream vacation, but I know we are prepared for something like this for our Nassau trip.  If you’re going to cruise in the upcoming months, it’s a risk you need to accept.  As long as the food one can get is a real meal, comparable to what they would serve in the MDR, it would be ok

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, 3kidsncats said:

Doesn’t sound like a dream vacation, but I know we are prepared for something like this for our Nassau trip.  If you’re going to cruise in the upcoming months, it’s a risk you need to accept.  As long as the food one can get is a real meal, comparable to what they would serve in the MDR, it would be ok

Great approach and attitude!  I hope you enjoy your cruise. 🙂

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, 3kidsncats said:

I have a CP balcony for my November Oasis cruise and I plan on going if they sail and eating on our balcony isn't the worst thing that could happen, but this is exactly why I won't book additional cruises until things are back to "normal", which is had to define, but means I'm pretty sure I can have nice meals in the MDR, go to shows, and spend time on the open decks w/o a mask.

Edited by mek
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, mek said:

I have a CP balcony for my November Oasis cruise and I plan on going if they sail and eating on our balcony isn't the worst thing that could happen, but this is exactly why I won't book additional cruises until things are back to "normal", which is had to define, but means I'm pretty sure I can have nice meals in the MDR, go to shows, and spend time on the open decks w/o a mask.

At least you are going in November, might be a litttle cooler on your balcony eating dinner, I know in the summer those Central Park Balconies are like incubators with a hot lamp on you. 

33 minutes ago, 3kidsncats said:

I feel the same way. When I found out were able to get a GS with the FCC credit we had from our Alaskan cruise balcony. I jumped all over it because I knew being confined to the cabin could be a reality. I’m content to sit on the balcony and read /nap for 7 days. This momma just needs a break from reality. It’s been a terrible year. 

• Like 11

15 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I wonder how long it will be before Royal changes to vaccinated cruisers only from there to match the rest of their sailings. 

I was just going to type something similar.  Vaccinated passengers and crew is the way to go.  

• Like 10

10 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

At least you are going in November, might be a litttle cooler on your balcony eating dinner, I know in the summer those Central Park Balconies are like incubators with a hot lamp on you. 

Yes, they do get very hot.  

• Like 1

https://www.gov.sg/article/additional-restrictions-under-phase-2--heightened-alert

Based on this article from their government website everything royal is doing is due to the new restrictions set by their health ministry.

Singapore's response may be strict as it is some clusters of new cases but best to nip it in the butt before it gets worse.    

• Like 1

Having to eat in your room is great for OS or higher.  They have full dining tables and chairs and it would be reasonably easy to do.  But can you imagine trying to have a 3 course meal in an inside room ?  The only table you would have would be the coffee table and you might not even have a chair for everyone.  Miserable possibility.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm excited for our wrap around aft balcony on our b2b  vision sailing out of bermuda in august. 

Those true aft balcony's on Vision are wonderful...!!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WxNerd said:

I feel the same way. When I found out were able to get a GS with the FCC credit we had from our Alaskan cruise balcony. I jumped all over it because I knew being confined to the cabin could be a reality. I’m content to sit on the balcony and read /nap for 7 days. This momma just needs a break from reality. It’s been a terrible year. 

Smart Planning. I can't imagine how families who book 4 in a standard balcony would deal with being confined to the room.

27 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

Having to eat in your room is great for OS or higher.  They have full dining tables and chairs and it would be reasonably easy to do.  But can you imagine trying to have a 3 course meal in an inside room ?  The only table you would have would be the coffee table and you might not even have a chair for everyone.  Miserable possibility.  

At least Royal provides a coffee table. On a Princess cruise you would be eating in bed since they removed the small table and the one comfortable chair.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

At least Royal provides a coffee table. On a Princess cruise you would be eating in bed since they removed the small table and the one comfortable chair.

The coffee table has been no where to be found on my last few cruises with RCI.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I suspect that cabin you had on Allure had plenty of tables in it.

I big coffee table and one tiny dining room table. The dining rm table was totally inadequate for 3 people, much less the 8 that the suite is rated for. There was a decent sized dining table on the massive balcony.

We used the outside table for Laura's birthday cake.😉

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I big coffee table and one tiny dining room table. The dining rm table was totally inadequate for 3 people, much less the 8 that the suite is rated for. There was a decent sized dining table on the massive balcony

So the inadequate table situation was made up for with the alcohol stache.😇

• Haha 1

It was definitely not an overreaction, but if you look at the context of the last few weeks, an underreaction. Singapore is a small country by nature, if you're expecting the government to only impose stricter measures when there are tens of 1000's of community cases daily, that's already way too late, and we would probably end up being like the UK and US at the height of their pandemic in no time. THAT for Singapore, would destroy the country. 

Many of us are already pissed at the government for not having sealed off imports completely despite them being so adamant in keeping international borders open and importing cases from India daily. Sorry but we don't ever want to be in a state as bad as US or UK was. We wouldn't survive the consequences. 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2