Sept 22, 2021 Sailing of Splendor

VeroSue

Regent sent out a letter. It was forwarded to me from a friend. They stated that due to the current issues in the UK anyone who cancels 60 days prior to the cruse will be refunded. Final payment for the September 11 cruse was May 14th. We will make a decision prior to the 60 days in order not to have penalties.

Very annoying! They wanted our money!!!!

We also heard that the Sept 11 cruise is going to happen, and since we're vaccinated, we should be able to board the cruise. But we won't be onboard, and while we really wanted to take this cruise, we could no longer look forward to it.

We booked our back to back Sept 1, and the following cruise to Barcelona, long ago, and have made a significant down payment. Our final payment was due on April 11. We asked to have that postponed since no one else still had to make the final payment that early. Regent said no, so we rebooked a similar cruise for September of 2022. We lost any chance of getting our down payment back as anything other than a FCC, but based on our other fully paid cruises on 2 other cruise lines, we wouldn't ever get any cash back anyway. At this point, we just hope we live long enough to take one of the many cruises we have booked and haven't been able to take since we returned from our great back to back Singapore to Singapore and Singapore to Sydney cruise on Voyager from December 2019 to January 11 2020.

We've been booked on an October sailing Tokyo-Tokyo for almost 2 years.  Really looking forward to it.  But honestly, I think we're going to postpone it - it's the first of four we have booked out through 2023 and frankly I just don't think things will be back up and running smoothly yet...I hope I'm wrong, but...

We are on (or hope to be on) the September 22 sailing. It is a little unnerving based on the UK regulations at the moment (we plan to spend about a week there prior to embarking), but will closely watch the situation regarding allowing fully-vaccinated people from North America to enter the country without quarantining. Regent has always met or exceeded our expectations and we feel that they will  continue to do so (perhaps even more so given the situation) when cruising resumes. Will there be some modifications or slight bumps in the road? Likely, but we will adjust accordingly…been there, done that, did not buy the t-shirt! A lovely glass of champagne can cure so many woes!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, UUNetBill said:

We've been booked on an October sailing Tokyo-Tokyo for almost 2 years.  Really looking forward to it.  But honestly, I think we're going to postpone it - it's the first of four we have booked out through 2023 and frankly I just don't think things will be back up and running smoothly yet...I hope I'm wrong, but...

Japan is not vaccinating very quickly, and pretty sure they will wait to open to tourists until after the Olympics in August. That is according to my daughter who lives on Okinawa. I'm hoping they will be open by October, but am not holding my breath. At least not booking any flights until they open!

15 hours ago, mikenbob said:

We are on (or hope to be on) the September 22 sailing. It is a little unnerving based on the UK regulations at the moment (we plan to spend about a week there prior to embarking), but will closely watch the situation regarding allowing fully-vaccinated people from North America to enter the country without quarantining. Regent has always met or exceeded our expectations and we feel that they will  continue to do so (perhaps even more so given the situation) when cruising resumes. Will there be some modifications or slight bumps in the road? Likely, but we will adjust accordingly…been there, done that, did not buy the t-shirt! A lovely glass of champagne can cure so many woes!

Well said! We feel the same. B to B beginning September 11. Hope to meet you onboard.

• Like 2

Hmm? This is strange as I had a sailing to Greece onboard RSS Mariner for July and that was cancelled in April.

I was able to get my booking lifted to August 2022 aboard the RSS Explorer, same suite class, at the same price for the cancelled RSS Marnier booking. I just optioned to pay the 100$ on a Visa for Istanbul.

My assumption was that Regent had cancelled all 2021 sailings.

2 hours ago, SireDoime said:

Hmm? This is strange as I had a sailing to Greece onboard RSS Mariner for July and that was cancelled in April.

I was able to get my booking lifted to August 2022 aboard the RSS Explorer, same suite class, at the same price for the cancelled RSS Marnier booking. I just optioned to pay the 100$ on a Visa for Istanbul.

Splendor starts up September, Explorer should be next.

3 hours ago, SireDoime said:

From what you read, I just don't see that happening.  Regent as others will start as they say.  Other lines are also moving forward.

We live in the UK and are on this cruise (assuming it sails) at the moment Britain is just opening up after an extremely successful vaccination effort which is still progressing at a fantastic rate. So pubs are now open as are restaurants, theatres are starting up. There’s still social distancing and face masks are worn within confined spaces and most wear them in open air as well. But travel is still virtually banned, there’s only a very limited numbers of countries we can travel to or back from without having to isolate for 10 or 14 days and this is the problem, at the moment if you fly into the UK, you would need to stay isolated in a hotel for 14 days, as UK citizens we depending on we’re we fly from would isolate for 14 days in a hotel or 10 days in our houses. But during the summer (if it ever arrives) it is thought that more countries will be added to what is called the green list were no isolation is required (America or the vast majority of Europe at present is not on this list).

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Pcardad said:

Splendor starts up September, Explorer should be next.

Based on the knowledge you have, plus insights/thoughts you may have formed from discussions with Regent, what do you believe are their criteria for restarting the next ship(s) after Splendor?

It would seem that they would like to restart the revenue flowing in again and cruises such as Mariner's October Med cruises, which are relatively short, would be a good way to do that.

Actually, I don't understand why they would not want to restart all their ships in October with the exception of Navigator (Canadian ports of call). 

On 5/22/2021 at 12:07 AM, ronrick1943 said:

From what you read, I just don't see that happening.  Regent as others will start as they say.  Other lines are also moving forward.

Hmm, well it would smart to just wait. Why rush into it with another COVID-19 variant already out there?

I'm glad my cruise isn't until August 2022. With final payment due in April 2022, I have more than enough to get my money back and spend it on something else.

Peace.

Edited by SireDoime
Correcting typos, adding clarification
  • Haha 1