Now that the CDC is not going to require vaccines, would you want to cruise right away?

Now that the CDC is not going to require vaccines, would you want to cruise right away?  

273 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the CDC is not going to require vaccines, would you want to cruise right away?

• Yes
    • No

5 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

Looks like the masks for ever / masks for life pipe dream has entered the bygone era. 

I am not so sure you know. I think the lines might insist on them for a while yet. After all people are still flying on planes aren't they despite being vaccinated. It is not like they are not booking flights.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

I am not so sure you know. I think the lines might insist on them for a while yet. After all people are still flying on planes aren't they despite being vaccinated. It is not like they are not booking flights.

For sure, some establishments may still require them for now, but one thing is as sure as the sun will rise and as much as you would like masks to be required for life, masks will never be forever -- at least not in this country. 

Edited by livingonthebeach
  • Like 6

5 hours ago, 3kidsncats said:

Exactly.  They don’t quarantine you after you get off the ship for a hurricane either.  They don’t separate you from your family either, if you end up in the hospital for a Hurricane injury.

Don't forget the media backlash when there is an inevitable outbreak of covid on an un-vaxxed ship.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

I would prefer a fully vaccinated ship but if it's not and there are Covid cases, I would like the ability to get off the ship and travel home with a full refund and a voucher for a free future cruise.  

Good luck with that.

11 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Based on what?

I think the majority just want to cruise again

The majority just want to cruise again..... in the manner to which they are accustomed. That is the key. The question becomes how do we get there?

• Like 1

If all they require is screening and masks, couldn't they have been doing this for the last year!!!!!

I for one will not go on an unvaccinated (unless for medical reasons) ship, whilst there is a chance a vaccinated person can still test positive the chances are small and as such will limit disruption. Cruising for me costs a lot of money and for selfish reasons i wouldn't want that disruption over people who are not vaccinated (Less medical and religious reasons) or people who wont follow some simple rules, social distance, masks etc.

I just don't understand why people wont just "grow up" and follow the rules for a bit. If my 7 year old can do it i am sure fully grown adults can. Not asking for much really.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Being the wonderful person that I am, I will not be adding the the pent-up demand for cruises in 2021. Hopefully, my lack of demand will allow all of you to get a lower price for your cruise this year. 

😉

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

If all they require is screening and masks, couldn't they have been doing this for the last year!!!!!

I for one will not go on an unvaccinated (unless for medical reasons) ship, whilst there is a chance a vaccinated person can still test positive the chances are small and as such will limit disruption. Cruising for me costs a lot of money and for selfish reasons i wouldn't want that disruption over people who are not vaccinated (Less medical and religious reasons) or people who wont follow some simple rules, social distance, masks etc.

I just don't understand why people wont just "grow up" and follow the rules for a bit. If my 7 year old can do it i am sure fully grown adults can. Not asking for much really.

I agree,  but vaccinated passengers could still come into contact with unvaccinated people at port stops or on the way to the ship.

I think this is awesome! I am not jabbed and have no intention of getting jabbed. I think it’s very discriminatory to assume all of us want or will take this fake jab.  I work with 3 people that are fully vaccinated.  They all ended  up with Covid (aka flu A/B)  about 2 months later.  I also work with someone pregnant that took her jabs while pregnant.  She gave birth to a full term still born the last week of April. Two other friends now have neurological issues that they never had before their jabs.  😡 The media has hyped this stuff so far up, it’s all a smoke screen. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 7

14 hours ago, gretchengao said:

I only want to cruise on a vaccinated ship at least for now while the virus still raging on with 40,000 positive cases a day in this country. Speaking for myself, not rich enough to have all my money waisted with an interrupted cruise because of health issues. 

Interesting CC handle. My wife retired from GAO in 2017

1 hour ago, livingonthebeach said:

Looks like the masks for ever / masks for life pipe dream has entered the bygone era. 

Is that why Ace disappeared 😕 

Oops, nevermind

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Esmerelda said:

I think this is awesome! I am not jabbed and have no intention of getting jabbed. I think it’s very discriminatory to assume all of us want or will take this fake jab.  I work with 3 people that are fully vaccinated.  They all ended  up with Covid (aka flu A/B)  about 2 months later.  I also work with someone pregnant that took her jabs while pregnant.  She gave birth to a full term still born the last week of April. Two other friends now have neurological issues that they never had before their jabs.  😡 The media has hyped this stuff so far up, it’s all a smoke screen. 

Are you Lenny's neighbor🤔

Apparently his neighborhood is full of vaccine anomalies as well

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 7
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

From reading the CDC document, It seems that Vaccinated passenger can forgo the mask, outside and at meals.

Fully Vaccinated Travelers

• Cruise ship operators, at their discretion, may advise passengers and crew that—if they are fully vaccinated—they may gather or conduct activities outdoors, including engaging in extended meal service or beverage consumption, without wearing a mask except in crowded settings.
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, jptoz said:

From reading the CDC document, It seems that Vaccinated passenger can forgo the mask, outside and at meals.

Fully Vaccinated Travelers

• Cruise ship operators, at their discretion, may advise passengers and crew that—if they are fully vaccinated—they may gather or conduct activities outdoors, including engaging in extended meal service or beverage consumption, without wearing a mask except in crowded settings.

To me that says outside meals. Inside meals are still mask up. 

11 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

My thoughts.... the concern over vax vs non vax w/ regards to disruptions of a cruise is absolutely no different than booking a cruise during hurricane season in the caribbean. Covid is going to be around for awhile if not longer. So you might has well get used to it. Think of it as a long hurrican season. If you book a cuise knowing the possibly is there for a covid disruption it really isn't any difference than booking during huricane disruption.

Yet people still book those hurricane season cruises. Now granted one can get sick... but one can get sick anywhere. The likelyhood of getting ill though has been minimized via the vax. 

So if you feel compelled to go on a cruise... go for it. We're sitting out a year and waiting for hoplefully better timing. 

I understand your comparison that a cruise may have to return port early for a hurricane, but the big difference is I dont have to pay for a hotel to stay in for 14 days for quarantine.    That adds several thousand to a cruise, plus whatever additional airfare would be.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Yes they do. They round everyone up and get them off the decks and place them safely in their rooms. And besides, you and others continue to think of clvid in the Mafch 2020 days. Covid today with 90% plus vaccinated will be a diffeent type of situation. Stop living in the past and wake up... it's a new day. 

90% vaccinated?  We have a long way to go to reach that number, mostly because there are too many who are scared to take the vaccine.  And I’m not talking about the small percentage that can’t or shouldn’t get it due to legitimate health contraindications.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The chances of that happening is  close to zero and RCI would pick up the tab.

Did you just pull that data out of thin air or has a study been done on the very few ships that are currently sailing?  Singapore is the one region I know has been sailing — but I don’t think you can base the risk on their outcomes.  The culture there is quite different and the laws quite a bit more rigid.  They follow the rules, because the consequences for not doing so are real.  Once they get US passengers sailing, the risk will go up, because too many don’t feel the rules apply to them, or their freedoms.

And RCI did guarantee to cover quarantine costs, but doubt that extends to stuff like parking fees for your car back at the airport, pet kennels, lost work income, etc.  It’s still a risk that everyone choosing to sail this year needs to evaluate carefully.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 3kidsncats said:

Did you just pull that data out of thin air or has a study been done on the very few ships that are currently sailing?

The chances I was talking about was being quarantined for 2 weeks, not testing positive.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The chances I was talking about was being quarantined for 2 weeks, not testing positive.

Yes, I’m aware.  Note the part in my last comment that clearly indicates I was also talking about quarantine.

Edited by 3kidsncats