MSC USA customer service got it right, may be improving

neptuno

Meanwhile, I still have no idea if my cruise is cancelled, if it will be rescheduled, if the price will be the same, which ship and itinerary (if any), etc.

Flights are booked.  Hotels are booked.  MSC has no idea what is going on.  It's been like this over 2 months now.

Edited by Stockjock
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Stockjock said:

Meanwhile, I still have no idea if my cruise is cancelled, if it will be rescheduled, if the price will be the same, which ship and itinerary (if any), etc.

Flights are booked.  Hotels are booked.  MSC has no idea what is going on.  It's been like this over 2 months now.

🥱 🙄

Meanwhile I, and many others, were told precisely and in good time about cancelled cruises. Clear comms in relation to FCC granted, and use thereof. In COVID-19 times it really makes no sense to book air too early, and to book only cancellable hotels.

MSC are on the ball, and currently sailing in the UK and parts of the Med....it's all good so far! Regular cruisers recognise that customer service is not perfect with any cruise line and that, ultimately, it's the actual cruise experience that matters most. Some seem to make sure their experience is compromised by constant whining. 😉

• Like 2

7 hours ago, hamrag said:

🥱 🙄

Meanwhile I, and many others, were told precisely and in good time about cancelled cruises. Clear comms in relation to FCC granted, and use thereof. In COVID-19 times it really makes no sense to book air too early, and to book only cancellable hotels.

MSC are on the ball, and currently sailing in the UK and parts of the Med....it's all good so far! Regular cruisers recognise that customer service is not perfect with any cruise line and that, ultimately, it's the actual cruise experience that matters most. Some seem to make sure their experience is compromised by constant whining. 😉

There is vast room for improvement in terms of MSC customer service.  They frequently cancel or drastically change sailings with no notification whatsoever.  There are a good number of things they do right, mostly onboard the actual ships.

Being an insulting sycophantic apologist does nothing to correct these oft-recurring problems.

I get that people understand that things *could* change, but for Christ's sake, just let us know what's going on in a timely manner and do everything in your power to minimize these disruptions.

Edited by Stockjock

On 5/18/2021 at 2:49 PM, Stockjock said:

Because you had a good interaction with agents on one or more calls doesn't mean that the concerns of many, including yours truly, should be dismissed.

I never dismissed anyone’s opinion only stated we have been pleased with MSC customer service. Perhaps many of the issues you have are due to the arrogant dismissive way you talk to people.

On 5/22/2021 at 12:50 AM, Stockjock said:

Eva Braun once said that Adolf was a lovely guy.  She never had any problem with him at all.  Proof positive that there was no problem.

Was this a necessary thing to say? What are you trying to insinuate about people who disagree with you?

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, kidless said:

I never dismissed anyone’s opinion only stated we have been pleased with MSC customer service. Perhaps many of the issues you have are due to the arrogant dismissive way you talk to people.

Was this a necessary thing to say? What are you trying to insinuate about people who disagree with you?

It should be rather clear as to the analogy I am making.  That is, because one has not personally experienced these issues, does not mean that one should be dismissive when others experience these problems.

"Golly Gee, I never had these problems, so they must not exist!  These people posting these things are whiners!  Everything is just great!  Wow, I called customer service and nothing bad happened!  Maybe I'll start a new thread to tell everybody and show those 'whiners' exactly how wrong and unreasonable they are!".

Didn't think I'd have to spell it out, but there you go.

And in terms of what some of us want to occur, we want to see improvement.  Inform and empower the customer service agents.  Inform customers promptly when changes occur.  Give them good options.  I've had multiple cases personally with changes to sailings such as date, itinerary, departure ports, even departure continents, and have never had any communications as to these changes.  I am not alone.  

Try to fix problems.  Don't tell customers one thing and do something else.  "Oh we can rebook that without changing the price and cabin location!"  "Oops, looks like we changed the price and cabin location.  Sorry, but there's nothing I can do about that!'.

Edited by Stockjock

34 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

It should be rather clear as to the analogy I am making.  That is, because one has not personally experienced these issues, does not mean that one should be dismissive when others experience these problems.

"Golly Gee, I never had these problems, so they must not exist!  These people posting these things are whiners!  Everything is just great!  Wow, I called customer service and nothing bad happened!  Maybe I'll start a new thread to tell everybody and show those 'whiners' exactly how wrong and unreasonable they are!".

Didn't think I'd have to spell it out, but there you go.

And in terms of what some of us want to occur, we want to see improvement.  Inform and empower the customer service agents.  Inform customers promptly when changes occur.  Give them good options.  I've had multiple cases personally with changes to sailings such as date, itinerary, departure ports, even departure continents, and have never had any communications as to these changes.  I am not alone.  

Try to fix problems.  Don't tell customers one thing and do something else.  "Oh we can rebook that without changing the price and cabin location!"  "Oops, looks like we changed the price and cabin location.  Sorry, but there's nothing I can do about that!'.

While we ourselves have had issues over the years, since 2012 in fact but not every booking, you have to understand that MSC are run from their head office and most if not all decisions are made there and are not always passed down the line.

County offices have their hands tied on many issues and have to refer to head office, there has been occasions when we ourselves have had to inform phone reps of things happening that they had no knowledge of.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kidless said:

I agree. @Stockjock has jumped the shark. Making references to Hitler was a new low for him. Totally uncalled for and rather counterproductive, if you ask me. SMH....

• Like 3

Stockjock, I think you need to step back and give it a rest.

You have repeated your problems multiple times.  You have gone from being tiresome to being rude.

Those who say they haven't had similar problems are not saying yours don't exist.  But surely they have the right to take part in the conversation.

• Like 3

Dear friends, I did not start this thread to be contentious.  With all due respect to those of us who are frustrated with MSC customer service, myself included, my intent was to complement MSC on its improvements. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

You have repeated your problems multiple times.  You have gone from being tiresome to being rude.

Those who say they haven't had similar problems are not saying yours don't exist.  But surely they have the right to take part in the conversation.

I don't think it is I who is being rude.  Did you really find it necessary and helpful to weigh in with your snarky remarks and take a few more jabs?

If you don't care for my posts, don't read them.

Edited by Stockjock

3 hours ago, neptuno said:

Dear friends, I did not start this thread to be contentious.  With all due respect to those of us who are frustrated with MSC customer service, myself included, my intent was to complement MSC on its improvements. 

Thank you for your courtesy.

On 5/18/2021 at 7:49 PM, Stockjock said:

......Because you had a good interaction with agents on one or more calls doesn't mean that the concerns of many, including yours truly, should be dismissed.....

On 6/2/2021 at 4:56 PM, kidless said:

I never dismissed anyone’s opinion only stated we have been pleased with MSC customer service. Perhaps many of the issues you have are due to the arrogant dismissive way you talk to people....

I think you've nailed it precisely, well said. In life, when I encounter arrogance I tend to avoid such people. Sometimes though, it is necessary to call them out and hope they might begin to look in the mirror....

• Like 2

On 6/2/2021 at 6:08 PM, sidari said:

....you have to understand that MSC are run from their head office and most if not all decisions are made there and are not always passed down the line.

County offices have their hands tied on many issues and have to refer to head office....

Absolutely, but I suspect he knows that full well and yet continues to repeat spout.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, neptuno said:

And you did so with clarity and grace. Unfortunately the thread has been highjocked!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, hamrag said:

I think you've nailed it precisely, well said. In life, when I encounter arrogance I tend to avoid such people. Sometimes though, it is necessary to call them out and hope they might begin to look in the mirror....

Good.  I don't care for you either.  Go away (with all due respect).

Edited by Stockjock

I am new to MSC and my first experiences have not been favorable with regard to customer service. I would give a failing grade to this point. thought I have not passed judgement at this point.  My issue is with presentation of the product and delivery of a service. Namely the hero discount. 1) what the agent on the phone told us and what we recieved from the request were completely different. agent says pay, get a booking number and then submit. the replay said not elegable because we had made full payment ( they request to MSC for hero and payment was same day) . 2) the web site  given to submit the request was the standard MSC site without a link to submit  the request ( thank you CC for a thread on the topic so that I could find a valid email to submit this imformation . 3 ) the site verbage: back office , doctor, pharm. ... "everyone" . well NOT every front line worker . My profession dispite being front line, working in a major hospital with a huge influx of covid cases ,  was told no your profession does not qualify. Thanks MSC, appreciate your offer but a little due diligence on who actually is a front line work is would appreciated . ( yes  I do work in a major hospital , with covid patients directly ) . I did replay to the denial in a considerate way --- no response. that is poor customer service. 

23 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

13 hours ago, Stockjock said:

I don't think it is I who is being rude.  Did you really find it necessary and helpful to weigh in with your snarky remarks and take a few more jabs?

If you don't care for my posts, don't read them.

18 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

Good.  I don't care for you either.  Go away (with all due respect).

Stockjock, in your formative years were you by any chance (what we would describe in the UK) the playground bully? Usually such character flaw continues into adult life, and attempts to express itself more subtly!

Edited by hamrag
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, hamrag said:

Stockjock, in your formative years were you by any chance (what we would describe in the UK) the playground bully? Usually such character flaw continues into adult life, and attempts to express itself more subtly!

I could say the same for you.  Highly passive aggressive.

As a side note, not that it matters, but all of my comments have been entirely accurate.

Go away.

Hey guys, whilst we can sometimes appreciate a little head butting, let's get back on track.  For those of us who are hoping for MSC USA customer service improvement, has anyone else seen improvement lately?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, neptuno said:

let's get back on track.  For those of us who are hoping for MSC USA customer service improvement, has anyone else seen improvement lately?

Yes, after I emailed MSC about my cancelled cruises, they quickly emailed me 1 FCC+$200 OBC.

But I am still waiting for the other FCCS (with $200 OBC).

MSC said they are still working on the missing (cancelled) cruises & will soon email me my options, whether another ship/date or FCC+$200 or full refund.

I hope to receive this email before 25 June 2021(my final payment date)

Edited by drsel