Virtuosa maiden voyage

Stu UK

7 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

Thanks for that, for me MSC is always let down by the theatre shows and that is one important area for me.

It will be interesting how they handle the disco when the ship is 75-80% full. I can't imagine a full dance floor right now

Do you have to wear masks whilst up and dancing? This whole mask thing is new to me. 

1 hour ago, little britain said:

Do you have to wear masks whilst up and dancing? This whole mask thing is new to me. 

Under current rules there is little dancing - socially distanced and in masks.  Last night in the Carousel Lounge when Soul Sisters were on a family started dancing without masks - staff made them sit and put on masks, passengers near them moved away.  You can only remove mask when drinking or eating. May change of restrictions are further eased on 21 June. 

Edited by Stu UK
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, tonybecks said:

Are there any big screens anywhere that they might show any of the Euro 2020 games? We’re on board for England v Scotland which is gonna be a pretty popular sea day with just a British cruise crowd! 

Last night they showed Eurovision in the TV Studio Bar and on the big pool screen. So if they can get broadcast rights they may. 

16999726-D6A5-4B9B-A9A2-BA8ADC30A82C.jpeg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, leojagpreet said:

Hi, can you please check if they are showing formula 1 racing on any TV channels? Thank you

Not seen any but they are having ongoing TV issues. The programmes keep dropping out every 30 seconds or so - sounds very intermittent and error message. 

36E06F16-E6E4-4CBD-9C59-273E3476F107.jpeg

Edited by Stu UK

Loving the entertainment. So much for a short cruise. Agree with other comments that the theatre production shows have no clear story. However the music, singing, costumes, lighting and sound are stunning. Not seen the comedian but went to see Soul Sisters last night who were great. 

We don’t like pre-dinner shows so with new times we were able to do 9:30 in theatre followed by 10:30 in Carousel Lounge. Evening ending in the Champagne Bar 🥂

4E83446D-585E-4CF5-A694-FFFBF46D9F8D.jpeg

38FC3534-85A8-492C-AE9E-DF085533CDD4.jpeg

22 minutes ago, Stu UK said:

Room service menu. This is all free if you have Premium Plus package as is the mini bar. It’s not with the included premium package. One tip if you are a G&T drinker get cans of tonic from a bar as housekeeping are struggling to provide them. 

QR_AA_ROOM-SERVICE_OTHER_DAYX_EN_1621723809.pdf 1.09 MB · 5 downloads

Morning Stu!

Are the mini bar snacks included too with the Premium Plus?

Pleasantly surprised with cabin. Great to be first users able it a couple of problems. The lights kept going off so card slot now disabled (easier for us), TV issue ship wide I’ve mentioned higher up and for us a surprise that cabins are not serviced in the evening. 

Lots of storage when you work out where it all is but wardrobe is too small. It’s fine I think for up to 7 days but tight for longer. 

Kettles added for UK cruises. They provide powdered milk but room service will bring jugs of milk - not sure if Bella would charge delivery. Yorkshire tea bags and Nescafé coffee. 

Lots of sockets and USBs. USA and EU no UK style so remember adapters if you need them. We have only used the 4 USB’s. Two are on desk and one in each bedside lamp. 

Liquid hand soap with shampoo and shower gel in shower. No conditioner. Shower is very powerful for a ship with proper glass enclosure. 

Zoe assistant currently only works as a Bluetooth speaker. 

Cases fit under bed. 

We have a slanted mid ship balcony which is lovely and large. 

104773BD-AA6A-4B7C-9116-1CA0DE32EFCC.jpeg

03C5A353-524A-4C01-9676-D524C95AFDDA.jpeg

30FC11BD-44B9-4864-A2E5-AA518789DC0C.jpeg

114416C4-51B0-43B4-A33C-674A023F8724.jpeg

03789A47-FA6D-441B-A8E9-BD8B4CA7D662.jpeg

5C18018B-50EB-4ADD-95BD-5318D2237974.jpeg

40FFEB13-3701-4476-BFDF-6575AB573A26.jpeg

D7DEEBB1-02A0-4117-97F0-959384F92DF2.jpeg

316FEAC2-C86B-4F2C-9913-BB3E978B67FD.jpeg

81B4ACD3-C814-48DE-923F-32E2165D8D79.jpeg

033DADA0-4A1A-4DF4-AEF1-9BD7AB322C6E.jpeg

• Like 2

On 5/21/2021 at 4:25 PM, Stu UK said:

Today's lunch menu. Very nice. Disappointed as to the wines by the glass selection but that’s a first world problem - they are ok. 

QR_A_MD_LUNCH_DAY6_EN_1621597026.pdf 114.94 kB · 91 downloads QR_B_WINE-LIST_OTHER_DAYX_EN_1621539481.pdf 910.8 kB · 71 downloads

Was this wine list from the main dining room, as I’ve seen other wine by the glass menus, sorry confused.com....thanks for posting them 😊

12 minutes ago, LifeonMars said:

Wi-fi, I have only managed to get Wi-fi on the iPhone I registered with, if I log out and then try to use iPad it will not let me . 
I can use My iPhone as a hotspot however. 

Not sure as have not bought their package. Most days there is a french or uk mobile 4G signal. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Stu UK said:

Not sure as have not bought their package. Most days there is a french or uk mobile 4G signal. 

I thought iPhone hotspot only worked with Mobile Data - so check you aren't running up large bills.

2 minutes ago, debgreg said:

Was this wine list from the main dining room, as I’ve seen other wine by the glass menus, sorry confused.com....thanks for posting them 😊

Yes it’s the MDR one. Other bars are slightly different when you scan through the lists I’ve posted. 

• Like 1

Just now, harrinp1 said:

I thought iPhone hotspot only worked with Mobile Data - so check you aren't running up large bills.

I’m only using mobile date as have an unlimited roaming package. One to avoid is do not use the ships Cellular at Sea network. It will bankrupt you.  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, harrinp1 said:

I can use a hotspot on my data package, using MSC Wi-fi but not able to use 2nd device with the registered details I used  on the device I registered with . Someone asked that question earlier 

Edited by LifeonMars

8 minutes ago, Stu UK said:

I’m only using mobile date as have an unlimited roaming package. One to avoid is do not use the ships Cellular at Sea network. It will bankrupt you.  

Stu, I haven’t purchased the internet package either. I have unlimited data on my iPhone and was intending to use it as a hotspot so that I could use my iPad too. How do I avoid using the ships network if I leave data roaming turned on?

Sorry, not very tech savvy 🙈 

Cheers,

Carole

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Stu UK said:

Believe the only bit holiday extras does not cover is if you have to self isolate when told to by test and trace. 

This is the same with the Admiral policy we bought, but it was only £25 for the two of us and I have High blood pressure 

Edited by debgreg

45 minutes ago, CaroleC said:

Stu, I haven’t purchased the internet package either. I have unlimited data on my iPhone and was intending to use it as a hotspot so that I could use my iPad too. How do I avoid using the ships network if I leave data roaming turned on?

Sorry, not very tech savvy 🙈 

Cheers,

Carole

Turn off data roaming when you are not wanting to be online or switch on airplane mode. Alternatively switch network selection to manual. 

• Thanks 1