Jump to content

Ships to start sailing half capacity in August from Bayonne


Recommended Posts

I find it hard to believe any cruises will sail from NJ this year.  I hope Im wrong but living here and seeing how controlling our governor continues to be, I just can't see it happening.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

I find it hard to believe any cruises will sail from NJ this year.  I hope Im wrong but living here and seeing how controlling our governor continues to be, I just can't see it happening.  

It’s so weird to me that people think this is controlling. Like hate Murphy all you want but pretty much everything is open and restaurants are now at 100% capacity. We’re pretty darn close to normal minus a couple more weeks of masks. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, lauren0309 said:

How will they decide who will be sailing. I booked a sailing last year so is it who booked further out in that order

That is a very good question? Perhaps it will be done as you say or maybe they will go for the money and keep the bigger spenders or bigger past spenders on?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, CruiseBride926 said:

It’s so weird to me that people think this is controlling. Like hate Murphy all you want but pretty much everything is open and restaurants are now at 100% capacity. We’re pretty darn close to normal minus a couple more weeks of masks. 

Well are you vaccinated and wearing a mask inside with others vaccinated?  What did the CDC say?  How is Texas doing? Do you like being on a treadmill with a mask on with no one around you?  I dont think this is normal compared to the rest of the country.  Looking back, we heard for almost 15 months to "follow the science" so not following the CDC recommendations for vaccinated people seems controlling to me.  As I said before, I hope Im wrong but I doubt we will cruise from NJ in 2021.

 

I have been to Arizona, Florida, Texas, Missouri plus Cozumel and Bahamas since this started.  I was recently in Arizona at the Grand Canyon.  Huge difference in peoples covid fears in NJ and there.  I see people hiking outdoors here and biking with masks on.  People on the beach with masks on.  I suspect they are vaccinated.  I hope I am wrong as Bayonne is an hour drive for us and it would be great to leave close to home.  

Edited by jean87510
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CruiseBride926 said:

It’s so weird to me that people think this is controlling. Like hate Murphy all you want but pretty much everything is open and restaurants are now at 100% capacity. We’re pretty darn close to normal minus a couple more weeks of masks. 

He has been and still is controlling. Restaurants not 100%, with the mandated social distancing, more like 75% at best. Enough of the masking already- follow the science unless it requires him to give up his kingship.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, WeatherFx said:

He has been and still is controlling. Restaurants not 100%, with the mandated social distancing, more like 75% at best. Enough of the masking already- follow the science unless it requires him to give up his kingship.

Plus the death rate in NJ is the highest in the country. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, rjrpar said:

Plus the death rate in NJ is the highest in the country. 

Not the current death rate.  Obviously they had a horrific start however if you only look at recent results they are definitely not the highest. 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, jean87510 said:

I find it hard to believe any cruises will sail from NJ this year.  I hope Im wrong but living here and seeing how controlling our governor continues to be, I just can't see it happening.  


Thank you for turning this into yet another political thread. Way to go. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, jean87510 said:

I find it hard to believe any cruises will sail from NJ this year.  I hope Im wrong but living here and seeing how controlling our governor continues to be, I just can't see it happening.  

I am hoping for the best.

 

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Dizzney9915 said:


Thank you for turning this into yet another political thread. Way to go. 

Not really.  It is what it is.  I wish it was different.  I would love to have the freedom of other states as a vaccinated person.  Im hoping our governor follows other states and opens up next month as promised.  And we were one of the better states in getting everyone vaccinated.  He did a great job on the rollout.  

Edited by jean87510
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jean87510 said:

Well are you vaccinated and wearing a mask inside with others vaccinated?  What did the CDC say?  How is Texas doing? Do you like being on a treadmill with a mask on with no one around you?  I dont think this is normal compared to the rest of the country.  Looking back, we heard for almost 15 months to "follow the science" so not following the CDC recommendations for vaccinated people seems controlling to me.  As I said before, I hope Im wrong but I doubt we will cruise from NJ in 2021.

 

I have been to Arizona, Florida, Texas, Missouri plus Cozumel and Bahamas since this started.  I was recently in Arizona at the Grand Canyon.  Huge difference in peoples covid fears in NJ and there.  I see people hiking outdoors here and biking with masks on.  People on the beach with masks on.  I suspect they are vaccinated.  I hope I am wrong as Bayonne is an hour drive for us and it would be great to leave close to home.  

Masks aren’t required outdoors so if you’re seeing it then that’s a personal decision.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, CruiseBride926 said:

It’s so weird to me that people think this is controlling. Like hate Murphy all you want but pretty much everything is open and restaurants are now at 100% capacity. We’re pretty darn close to normal minus a couple more weeks of masks. 

Yea, I find the comment interesting too, and assume it's just politically motivated, as a non-biased Upstate NYer, I read this article yesterday while trying to find more information on the reopening of the port (it's unrelated to reopening, but states how much is getting back to normal): https://www.nj.com/hudson/2021/05/its-beginning-to-look-a-lot-like-normal-in-bayonne.html

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, CruiseBride926 said:

Masks aren’t required outdoors so if you’re seeing it then that’s a personal decision.

if you read what I said, I was inferring that peoples attitudes are different in NJ as opposed to another part of the country.  I live here.  I see a lot of people wearing masks outside.  I think its sad.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, CruiseBride926 said:

It’s so weird to me that people think this is controlling. Like hate Murphy all you want but pretty much everything is open and restaurants are now at 100% capacity. We’re pretty darn close to normal minus a couple more weeks of masks. 

 

Isn't the Port Authority responsible for the ports? I'm sure Murphy has a say in it but I don't think he'll overrule the PA.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jean87510 said:

if you read what I said, I was inferring that peoples attitudes are different in NJ as opposed to another part of the country.  I live here.  I see a lot of people wearing masks outside.  I think its sad.  

And I think people's decisions to protect themselves and others, especially if they aren't vaccinated, to be admirable

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, CI66774 said:

Are you sure about that? Has Abbott confirmed that his EO doesn’t apply to the Port of Galveston?

Since it is not the Port of Galveston making the requirement but an international entity, the Abbott EO does not apply. RCG is not a state office, nor have they received state money.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, jean87510 said:

if you read what I said, I was inferring that peoples attitudes are different in NJ as opposed to another part of the country.  I live here.  I see a lot of people wearing masks outside.  I think its sad.  

 

4 hours ago, MommaBear55 said:

And I think people's decisions to protect themselves and others, especially if they aren't vaccinated, to be admirable

 

I am 100% in agreement with MommaBear.  We MOMS stick together.  😉

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, exm said:

 

Isn't the Port Authority responsible for the ports? I'm sure Murphy has a say in it but I don't think he'll overrule the PA.

The PA is headed by people APPOINTED by the Governors of New York and New Jersey.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Not the current death rate.  Obviously they had a horrific start however if you only look at recent results they are definitely not the highest. 

Tell that to family members of all the early victims. A real shame what happened.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, rjrpar said:

Tell that to family members of all the early victims. A real shame what happened.

I’m far from saying it was a tragedy.  I’m saying that if you are looking at ports opening there is no need to exclude NJ as it now seems to be under control.  You cannot use over one years worth of data to support an argument to keep the port closed.  You need to look at current data. 

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Odyssey was my first thought too. And Oasis.  I am just happy about the news.

Trying to make a some sense of this Bayonne topic with the Odyssey coming to Bayonne. So what would happen to the oasis that was supposed to start in May and go into September out of Bayonne. Is this to mean that possibly people booked on the oasis would be given an option to sail on the Odyssey instead with the Oasis getting cancelled to operate from Bayonne and be utilized elsewhere? Your comments are all appreciated ! Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, jean87510 said:

Looking back, we heard for almost 15 months to "follow the science" so not following the CDC recommendations for vaccinated people seems controlling to me.  As I said before, I hope Im wrong but I doubt we will cruise from NJ in 2021.

 

I have been to Arizona, Florida, Texas, Missouri plus Cozumel and Bahamas since this started.  I was recently in Arizona at the Grand Canyon. 

I too hope you get to sail from Bayonne in 2021. After "following the science" these past 15 months and only traveling to Arizona, Florida, Texas, Missouri plus Cozumel and Bahamas you deserve to cruise/travel again. 

 

We've been "following the science" as well and are hoping our fall cruise on Oasis sails from Bayonne. It will be our first travel in more than 15 months.  Enjoy!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, jean87510 said:

Well are you vaccinated and wearing a mask inside with others vaccinated?  What did the CDC say?  How is Texas doing? Do you like being on a treadmill with a mask on with no one around you?  I dont think this is normal compared to the rest of the country.  Looking back, we heard for almost 15 months to "follow the science" so not following the CDC recommendations for vaccinated people seems controlling to me.  As I said before, I hope Im wrong but I doubt we will cruise from NJ in 2021.

 

I have been to Arizona, Florida, Texas, Missouri plus Cozumel and Bahamas since this started.  I was recently in Arizona at the Grand Canyon.  Huge difference in peoples covid fears in NJ and there.  I see people hiking outdoors here and biking with masks on.  People on the beach with masks on.  I suspect they are vaccinated.  I hope I am wrong as Bayonne is an hour drive for us and it would be great to leave close to home.  

I am someone who will continue to use a mask despite being vaccinated as I have had the healthiest year I have had in the last 20, and I attribute that to not being exposed to any pathogens. I happen to have severe lung disease and it's been really nice to stay out of the hospital. It was also really nice to have a warm face while skiing. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...