Ships to start sailing half capacity in August from Bayonne

11 hours ago, Jcrosby42509 said:

Does anyone think there's a possibility Royal would invoke test cruises in some ports, but not all? Asking just because I personally believe that the only way Oasis departs on July 30 is if they go the route of ensuring >95% fully vaccinated crew and passengers. IDK... Disney here I come. LOL.

I'm in total agreement with your logic with test cruises and vaccinated crew and passengers either 95 or 100%. I don't believe they'll rush it just for the sake of getting things back quicker. Remember, if one case shows up the CDC will jump into panic mode. As I've already mentioned the Oasis hasn't really moved from their spot off the Bahama coast except to pick up provisions in Miami for the skeleton crew that's been handling the ship. When they get the green light they'll still have to return to Miami for the passenger's provisions, pick up additional crew members then head north to do test cruises to satisfy the CDC's requirement I'm sure. Looking at cruises from New Jersey it looks to be more like a wait into August than July right now providing that the CDC doesn't drag their feet and get the show on the road.

On 5/22/2021 at 7:28 PM, ticketsunlimited said:

Those Oasis cruises have been sold for years not months.  No need to attract anything.  They will have to bump people off Oasis before they have to worry about selling cabins.

If RC is allowed to cruise out of Bayonne Oasis will be be there.

I know a dozen people myself that had to lift and shift their cruise from last September to this September on Oasis.

Us too, lift and shift from last September to August 22 Oasis. 

We are booked B2B on The Freedom in August . A 4 and 5 day cruise already paid in full on both wondering if it’s going out ? Been waiting to see if they are canceling it or what . Have air , hotel in NYC . Guess maybe we have a shot now. 

12 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Are your kids vaccinated?

My kids are 8 and 10; not able to be vaccinated, unfortunately. My understanding from the website is that they will need a PCR covid test prior to embarkation.

• Like 2

On 5/20/2021 at 2:31 PM, nelblu said:

I'm on the Sept. 5 Oasis sail and will be disappointed if I'm not cruising.  Fully vaccinated.   Also, to consider, how many of the Pax bookings are fully vaccinated.

🙏That is true.ERINg 

We are on the sailing also, and fully vaxed. i don't want to give it up, wondering how they would get to 50%.

10 hours ago, jacksonx said:

My kids are 8 and 10; not able to be vaccinated, unfortunately. My understanding from the website is that they will need a PCR covid test prior to embarkation.

And they would have to be considered part of the 5% that is allowed by the CDC.  And of course your family would have to be part of the 50% or 60% capacity allowed.  Two possible difficult hoops for you to jump through.

I'm just concerned at how long it would take to fully vaccinate and ramp up the crew for the Oasis of the Seas (and other ships, but I'm selfishly focused on this ship for a 8/29 sailing). It's been docked off of Cococay, and I assume has a skeleton crew. What ship would be transporting the crew to them? Just doing the basic timing, there is likely a 30 day minimum window to quarantine a crew, and fully vaccinate them, then you have to make sure they are up to speed on the ship. While that allows somewhat of a buffer for late August sailings, the clock is ticking and I've been stalking all the sources and waiting anxiously. My outlook went from about a 5% chance of sailing to a 40% chance, so I'm trending in the right direction. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, tcrandal said:

I'm just concerned at how long it would take to fully vaccinate and ramp up the crew for the Oasis of the Seas (and other ships, but I'm selfishly focused on this ship for a 8/29 sailing). It's been docked off of Cococay, and I assume has a skeleton crew. What ship would be transporting the crew to them? Just doing the basic timing, there is likely a 30 day minimum window to quarantine a crew, and fully vaccinate them, then you have to make sure they are up to speed on the ship. While that allows somewhat of a buffer for late August sailings, the clock is ticking and I've been stalking all the sources and waiting anxiously. My outlook went from about a 5% chance of sailing to a 40% chance, so I'm trending in the right direction. 

We're booked on the same cruise (hope to see you at the Schooner Bar). Oasis made one run already to Miami to vaccinate crew. Keep in mind, under CDC guidelines, fully vaccinated people don't need to quarantine. If they use the J&J, they could have an entire crew in on about two weeks notice (but I suspect they will be working on a weekly basis to crew up their ships to be ready for July sailings) -- I suspect they might be running crew through Miami before sending them to ships after shots. Additionally, as noted elsewhere, they have a full two-week (not 30 day) process for quarantining crew on ship, which started back in April.

I put our chances of sailing out of Bayonne at more than 60%.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mmcgann11 said:

We're booked on the same cruise (hope to see you at the Schooner Bar). Oasis made one run already to Miami to vaccinate crew. Keep in mind, under CDC guidelines, fully vaccinated people don't need to quarantine. If they use the J&J, they could have an entire crew in on about two weeks notice (but I suspect they will be working on a weekly basis to crew up their ships to be ready for July sailings) -- I suspect they might be running crew through Miami before sending them to ships after shots. Additionally, as noted elsewhere, they have a full two-week (not 30 day) process for quarantining crew on ship, which started back in April.

That’s the thing, if they used any other vaccine it’s a 6 week process just to have the crew ready. Did they vaccinate the whole crew for the ship or just the skeleton crew? So many logistics. 

36 minutes ago, mmcgann11 said:

I like your percentage much better than mine!!! I'm just trying to factor in the many potential setbacks and trying to table my anticipation. My wife on the other hand, gives it about an 85% chance of sailing based on hope alone! :) I wasn't aware they already went to Miami to vaccinate the current crew, that's great news. Hope to see you onboard as well! 

27 minutes ago, Jgoodall08 said:

That’s the thing, if they used any other vaccine it’s a 6 week process just to have the crew ready. Did they vaccinate the whole crew for the ship or just the skeleton crew? So many logistics. 

Most of the vaccinations have been 200 or so crew. PC did to 1200 for Adventure last week. They used J&J

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Most of the vaccinations have been 200 or so crew. PC did to 1200 for Adventure last week. They used J&J

Plenty of vaccines to go around.  Just have to get the crew to the ships.

As I said before and got lots of flack for it.  When the flood gates open things will be moving VERY QUICKLY

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

There is 5-7 week period between vaccines. So you need to expect two to three months to have the entire crew vaccinated. In any case we cant predict it very well 

How did you come up with that number???  J and J vaccine in the arm day one good to go in two weeks.  The others can be done and ready in 30 days

A good percentage of crew are already vaccinated.  Every ship in the fleet could be realistically sailing by August 1st.  A lot of them by mid July.  Its a matter of 2 things.  Getting the crews to their work stations and getting Desantis head out of his butt and allowing the companies to sail on their terms.

1 hour ago, Roger88 said:

There is 5-7 week period between vaccines. So you need to expect two to three months to have the entire crew vaccinated. In any case we cant predict it very well 

Ah, no. Moderna, which I had, 28 days, plus two weeks for full immunity. Pfizer is 21 days, plus two weeks for full immunity. But that's moot, as the crew is largely getting J&J, which means two weeks to full strength. So, a crew could be easily vaccinated within three weeks or less.

• Like 2

Following up to the topic of vaccinations.. Oasis is / was in the Miami port today until 5pm again getting additional vaccinations for the crew. That's a great sign that things are ramping up for the Oasis! Is that ship sailing from Florida at all before the Bayonne sailings (yes, I should have looked it up, just was curious if anyone knew)?

Edited by tcrandal
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, tcrandal said:

Following up to the topic of vaccinations.. Oasis is / was in the Miami port today until 5pm again getting additional vaccinations for the crew. That's a great sign that things are ramping up for the Oasis! Is that ship sailing from Florida at all before the Bayonne sailings (yes, I should have looked it up, just was curious if anyone knew)?

From the website, it shows only July and August sailings for Oasis... and then beyond that I didn't check.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, tcrandal said:

Vision is in PC today

• Like 2