Alaska Cruises to Begin in July

ProfMHC

2 hours ago, 2 cruises a year said:

For one thing, no California Ports are open yet, and I haven't heard a peep about them opening.  Then there is the CDC seven day limit.  I think that Princess has been pretty smart through this. They are keeping quiet until things settle down.  They aren't making promises based on facts that change constantly as more information comes in.  I think that behind the scenes, Princess has plans that can be put to work when things settle down.

That being said, we have a December cruise to Hawaii that I am hoping happens.

I think you have a good chance for that December cruise.  We are on the first one in January.

In humble opinion -- the Federal Judge (Steve Merryday) ends up dismissing the State of Florida’s law suit.  If the judge doesn’t and the law suit goes forward the Alaska season may be over before it even started.  Two possible outcomes -- dismissal or the law suit is contested by both sides and eventually ends up in Federal Court of Appeals which in effect means the summer season is over.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, John99 said:

In humble opinion -- the Federal Judge (Steve Merryday) ends up dismissing the State of Florida’s law suit.  If the judge doesn’t and the law suit goes forward the Alaska season may be over before it even started.  Two possible outcomes -- dismissal or the law suit is contested by both sides and eventually ends up in Federal Court of Appeals which in effect means the summer season is over.  

Actually, as long as the lawsuit is not decided in favor of Florida, the Alaska season can continue, since until there is an adverse ruling, the regulations stand.  That is why Florida asked for an immediate injunction, which is apparently still the basis of discussion, since the motion for injunction has not been decided.

• Like 4

On 5/28/2021 at 9:26 AM, memoak said:

My issue is that any anti vaccine person can "claim" religious objection.

Ran into a guy in Colorado who said he won't be getting the vaccine but he still "identifies as vaccinated". In other words he simply lies and says he's been vaccinated even though he hasn't.

7 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Ran into a guy in Colorado who said he won't be getting the vaccine but he still "identifies as vaccinated". In other words he simply lies and says he's been vaccinated even though he hasn't.

In the vernacular of today, he is simply ‘speaking his truth”

9 hours ago, Travlin grrl said:

According to that FB post someone posted on the previous page of John Chernesky they are saying you have to show proof of vaccination. 

Filling in a blank CDC card with fake information provides all the proof you need.

4 hours ago, caribill said:

Filling in a blank CDC card with fake information provides all the proof you need.

Anyone can lie about anything until they can't . Insurance info, car rental agreements , loan applications , filling out government forms , etc. You can put in all the lies you wish until you're called on it . Then you will be subject to a whole world of legal and financial hurt . Will you always be caught ? No but when you are things will get very bad for you .

Edited by richstowe
  • Like 2

After watching the John Chernesky webinar, where Princess was the only line to lie to us about 'ALL VACCINATED CRUISE', I decided that I have ha enough with Princess.  All they do is lie through their teeth and they think we will live with it.  Well I am not going to that.  It was time when my Alaska cruise was due for final payment (60 day before sailing), and I decided to cancel.  Who knows what rules etc. Princess will change before that sailing, at the rate its going there will be a lot of changes with Princess.  I was not about to give them full payment now, not knowing if I will ever get to sail on the cruise with whatever new rules they put in place.  I booked because Princess said it would be a FULLY VACCINATED CRUISE, and of course we know now that this is not the truth.  I am not about to give them any more of my $, they have far too much of my money already.  With 40 cruises with Princess it is hard to give up the perks, but it is time to switch to a different cruise.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, cruising deacon said:

Alaska cruise was due for final payment (60 day before sailing), and I decided to cancel.  Who knows what rules e

EXACTLY ! - if so inclined, just chill and let the kinks be worked out by Princess and the cruisers who are OK with the everchanging "rules"

then swim back in - with all the perks and status when you feel comfortable again

• Like 1

7 hours ago, caribill said:

Yep. Forgery and hopefully the legal percussion from it might happen. But as long as I'm vaccinated, another getting positive only bumps them off at the next port with them figuring out what to do. Just makes more space onboard 

Forgery is still a felony, right??

• Like 2

7 hours ago, caribill said:

of course if caught that is considered to be misuse of federal seal. punishable by a fine of up to $5000 plus 5 years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nocl said:

of course if caught that is considered to be misuse of federal seal. punishable by a fine of up to $5000 plus 5 years.

Only way to get caught is if someone in authority decides to contact the organization that supposedly did the vaccinations and verify that the one or two jabs were done for that person on the date(s) indicated with the batch numbers listed by the indicated provider.

I doubt that Princess is doing that at random, much less for everyone who submits the CDC card as proof of vaccination.

And I am not sure that HIPPA laws allows a private company to seek information from a medical provider without written permission from the patient.

Looking at my legitimate CDC card, it lists the product name and batch number, the date, and for the healthcare professional or clinic site it has the inititals WHP. I challenge anybody checking if my card is legit to figure out who to contact from that information. (In fact, I called to find out what WHP meant since I did not realize what it was.)

10 hours ago, caribill said:

Our CDC vaccination cards not only have our names and dates but also list the type of vaccine and the batch number. There is a sticker that was peeled off and stuck onto the card for each dose.

1 hour ago, caribill said:

Looking at my legitimate CDC card, it lists the product name and batch number, the date, and for the healthcare professional or clinic site it has the inititals WHP. I challenge anybody checking if my card is legit to figure out who to contact from that information. (In fact, I called to find out what WHP meant since I did not realize what it was.)

I actually have two vaccination cards, one for each time I went. All that was on the cards they gave me  was the peeled off sticker with the lot # information. I had to fill in everything else myself. Even the Heathcare Professional or Clinic Site was left for me to fill out. I wound up writing SVNA in that space, since I received my shots through the Seattle Visiting Nurses Association.

1 hour ago, caribill said:

Only way to get caught is if someone in authority decides to contact the organization that supposedly did the vaccinations and verify that the one or two jabs were done for that person on the date(s) indicated with the batch numbers listed by the indicated provider.

You seem to be treating this as a game. Shame on you.  Perhaps the only way to get caught is if there is an outbreak and if there is, we'll see what happens.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, richstowe said:

You seem to be treating this as a game. Shame on you.  Perhaps the only way to get caught is if there is an outbreak and if there is, we'll see what happens.

Not treating it as a game. Just saying that blank CDC cards are easy to obtain and it is easy to write in unverifiable information.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, nini said:

YIKES! I do not think ours have stickers! When we get home in a few weeks, I will check.

I've been a volunteer at a vaccine center for a few months.  Some CDC have the information written in.  Not all had stickers, depending where the vaccine was given.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, nini said:

YIKES! I do not think ours have stickers! When we get home in a few weeks, I will check.

Not to worry. DW and I got vaccinated at two different facilities with two different vaccines. My card has stickers, DW's is fully handwritten but that facility also filled out her yellow WHO immunization record card and even added an official stamp, my facility was clueless about the yellow card. It's so varied from place to place that all legitimate ones are just as valid as the others regardless of stickers versus handwriting.

3 hours ago, caribill said:

Not treating it as a game. Just saying that blank CDC cards are easy to obtain and it is easy to write in unverifiable information.

And that would be a federal crime. There are already people who have been arrested for selling those cards. If you use one to get on a cruise and get deathly ill then you have only yourself to blame. 

• Like 1