New Vaccination policy on RCL

Just now, mavo68 said:

This is interesting. Then why the test sailings? Maybe I am missing something.

I don't think RCL has ever indicated they intend to do test cruises. This message is also in line with what was communicated from Celebrity earlier in the week. 

• Like 13

1 minute ago, JB77 said:

Only the US is vaccinating under 16s. I wonder if this will still be the policy for Europe and elsewhere.

Yesterday on ITV, the U.K. Health Minister announced it is opening up vaccination availability to 35 year olds. It's going to be a while...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jrapps said:

Wow. Does it say anywhere in the email that the policy applies to both cruises departing from inside and outside the United States?

No mention of the point of origin of a cruise in the email.

6 minutes ago, jrapps said:

I just checked my email and realized I got the same message. You are correct there is nothing in the fine print at the bottom of the email that indicates location.

Are you booked on a cruise in the next couple of months? Didn't receive an email and am curious as we are booked for July. 

9 minutes ago, jrapps said:

I just checked my email and realized I got the same message. You are correct there is nothing in the fine print at the bottom of the email that indicates location.

I just checked the promo email from this morning and saw the same message. Does not state for only US cruises.  

4 minutes ago, jpurdy said:

Are you booked on a cruise in the next couple of months? Didn't receive an email and am curious as we are booked for July. 

My next cruise on Royal is late November

What worries me about ambiguously saying in first sentence "all fully vaccinated" and then immediately saying "if not vaccinated you will need a negative test"  IS,

all of the rule breakers who will see this as an opportunity to not vaccinate .

Because as we know RCCL didn't use to enforce the rules well, on other matters.

The statement should have been .... Those under 12 need a negative test.

Edited by newcruzer2
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, newcruzer2 said:

What worries me about ambiguously saying in one sentence "all fully vaccinated" and then immediately saying "if not vaccinated you will need a negative test"  IS,

I’m thinking maybe because some people medically  cannot receive the vaccine.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, mavo68 said:

I’m thinking maybe because some people medically  cannot receive the vaccine.

Yes you are right, BUT  others with the mentality of ... The rules don't apply to me, is who I was thinking of, unfortunately.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, newcruzer2 said:

What worries me about ambiguously saying in one sentence "all fully vaccinated" and then immediately saying "if not vaccinated you will need a negative test"  IS,

It’s not one sentrance.  It is two.  They apply to different age groups.  The negative test applies to guests between 2 and 12 or 2 and 16 based on the date. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Just now, newcruzer2 said:

Yes you are right, BUT  others with the mentality of ... The rules don't apply to me, is who I was thinking of, unfortunately.

While this group of people no doubt exists, as a percentage I think it is very small and the risk is on them and not those of us that have been fully vaccinated. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, livingonthebeach said:

While this group of people no doubt exists, as a percentage I think it is very small and the risk is on them and not those of us that have been fully vaccinated. 

Nowhere does it say that unvaccinated guests over 12 or 16 can sail.

• Like 9

It doesn't mention anything in the email about exemptions for people over 12 or 16 to sail without a vaccine.

The language and the email is pretty clear. It says ALL passengers 16 and over must be vaccinated prior to August 1st and all passengers 12 and up must be vaccinated after August 1st.

29 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Yesterday on ITV, the U.K. Health Minister announced it is opening up vaccination availability to 35 year olds. It's going to be a while...

34 in England today, other parts of UK are at different stages, for instance Wales is at 18 and over . Nearly 700,000 doses given out yesterday 

Think they will at over 30s by end of month.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

No and I never said it says that -- I was responding to a poster that stated unvaccinated people will try to use a loophole due to ambiguity in the wording. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Hope all the crew both in USA and elsewhere will also be fully vaccinated 

Edited to say I've just read the first post fully and it does say crew will be vaccinated.  Again though I hope that will be on all ships worldwide 

Edited by sgmn

The 999 competition which gave free cabins to key workers in the UK required fully vaccinated for over 18s. This was in the FAQ:

UK residents above the age of 18 who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (having had their final dose at least 14 days prior to departure) and those under the age of 18 with negative test results will be permitted to sail. We are working closely with the local authorities and will advise booked guests closer to the sailing on what proof of vaccination is required.

2 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

No and I never said it says that -- I was responding to a poster that stated unvaccinated people will try to use a loophole due to ambiguity in the wording. 

I knew what you meant. 🙂

• Like 1