New Vaccination policy on RCL

9 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Carnival hasnt put out a vaccination policy as of yet. Just the letters about 8 day cruises back on.

Yes they have been consistent they will not require vaccinations. 

Then all the people that can't or won't get vaccinated can sail Carnival until that requirement gets lifted

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

If you have the email, look specifically at where this vaccine info is included:

Under the ad for "sail as soon as June" on Adventure and directly above the info regarding the Air to Sea for the Adventure cruises.

My interpretation is that it only applies to the Adventure summer cruises which have always said before that all adults must be fully vaccinated with NO exceptions.

I'm actually glad to see this as it possibly indicates that Royal will still sail from Bahamas though they have canceled the Vision's Bermuda cruises.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Have you seen Carnival's policy yet for passengers?   I saw an interview with their President (I think that is what she was) and she was saying that since no other places are required to have their customers vaccinated she didn't think it fair to the cruise lines.  That said I can't see them NOT requiring them when all other lines will 

Carnival requiring vaccines for the restart of Alaska cruises, per this report:

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/25061-carnival-princess-and-holland-america-set-for-alaska-july-cruises.html

“ Carnival cited recent guidance from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and close collaboration with Alaskan officials for the restart.

These Alaska cruises are available for guests who have received their final dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to the beginning of the cruise and have proof of vaccination. Crew vaccinations will be in accordance with CDC guidelines “.  This paragraph is a subset of link above 

Edited by BSocial
Added sentence

17 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Carnival hasnt put out a vaccination policy as of yet. Just the letters about 8 day cruises back on.

Yes they have been consistent they will not require vaccinations. 

Except the only Carnival cruises that have official been announced are the new Alaska cruises, and those will require vaccines on Carnival.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, jrapps said:

Except the only Carnival cruises that have official been announced are the new Alaska cruises, and those will require vaccines on Carnival.

Thanks, , We posted at same time.  I posted an article link above. 

Edited by BSocial

8 minutes ago, gadaboutgal said:

If you have the email, look specifically at where this vaccine info is included:

Under the ad for "sail as soon as June" on Adventure and directly above the info regarding the Air to Sea for the Adventure cruises.

My interpretation is that it only applies to the Adventure summer cruises which have always said before that all adults must be fully vaccinated with NO exceptions.

I'm actually glad to see this as it possibly indicates that Royal will still sail from Bahamas though they have canceled the Vision's Bermuda cruises.

But this doesn't align with Royal's message on their website or on the Bahamas requirements

On the RCL website when you go to book a Nassau cruise, it says 

Adult guests (18+) on this sailing must provide proof of a COVID-19 vaccination, completed 2 weeks prior to sailing. Guests may need to provide a negative RT-PCR test result to enter the country their cruise departs from; age requirements vary. A Health Questionnaire must be completed within 24 hours prior to sailing. Booked guests will be provided full details before their cruise.

I was under the impression this was a Bahamas requirement, not a Royal one. So for Royal to change policy would mean that the Bahamas changed theirs, which I have not seen any indication of.

The 12/16 year old message is more likely to align with CDC guidelines than Bahammas ones..or so I think. We will know once the CDC guidelines are updates soon.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jrapps said:

Sort of. Mine has a banner for 2021 cruises starting from $449 and 2022 cruises starting from $229, and then under it it says "OR set sail as soon as June" from Nassau

Open to interpretation but I didn't read the vaccine thing as limited to cruises out of Nassau. It says "For cruises departing before Aug 1...", not "For cruises from Nassau departing before Aug 1..."

I looked at the email and it seems to me as if it 'could' be applicable to only the Nassau sailings just by the way that it's formatted.   The part about vaccination requirements is sandwiched in between the cruise info and flight info for Nassau only.  The first part of the email has links to cruises in 2021/2021 that start after June.  And then it says this, which makes me think it only applies to this particular part of the email, i.e. Nassau.  

image.thumb.png.5d08942c6dd182d35d7e8d6ce56b81c9.png

9 minutes ago, jrapps said:

Idk I'm on vista which carnival says they hope will be the first ship to sail. The crew onboard right now got its first jab of pfeizer. July 3th they hope is a go. Not sure how one is more official than the other.

I read the above link about carnival princess and hal resuming in alaska. It doesnt say these are the only cruises or the only official. I think you are reading into the news something not said.

20210511_151021453.jpeg

Edited by firefly333

29 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Have you seen Carnival's policy yet for passengers?   I saw an interview with their President (I think that is what she was) and she was saying that since no other places are required to have their customers vaccinated she didn't think it fair to the cruise lines.  That said I can't see them NOT requiring them when all other lines will 

Yes, I saw that interview as well -- it was on the NBC nightly news with Lester Holt:

https://fb.watch/5DDl4v0R6A/

4 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Not sure how one is more official than the other.

They aren't. I am sure they want the Vista to go first and without vaccines. But saying they wont require vaccines isn't true because they already stated they will require them in Alaska.

They said they don't WANT to require vaccines elsewhere. Doesn't mean they won't.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, jrapps said:

They aren't. I am sure they want the Vista to go first and without vaccines. But saying they wont require vaccines isn't true because they already stated they will require them in Alaska.

They said they don't WANT to require vaccines elsewhere. Doesn't mean they won't.

I havent read one post saying they arent requiring vaccinations have you. If so please give me a link.

Maybe you jumped from they dont have a stated policy from usa ports yet to .. no policy means they wouldnt? So many make assumptions. 

Idk maybe the vaccinations policy to alaska was because alaska or the departures port required it, who knows.. do you? Where is that magic 8 ball. 

13 minutes ago, jrapps said:

But this doesn't align with Royal's message on their website or on the Bahamas requirements

On the RCL website when you go to book a Nassau cruise, it says 

Adult guests (18+) on this sailing must provide proof of a COVID-19 vaccination, completed 2 weeks prior to sailing. Guests may need to provide a negative RT-PCR test result to enter the country their cruise departs from; age requirements vary. A Health Questionnaire must be completed within 24 hours prior to sailing. Booked guests will be provided full details before their cruise.

I was under the impression this was a Bahamas requirement, not a Royal one. So for Royal to change policy would mean that the Bahamas changed theirs, which I have not seen any indication of.

The 12/16 year old message is more likely to align with CDC guidelines than Bahammas ones..or so I think. We will know once the CDC guidelines are updates soon.

Bahamas aligned their requirements to Royal's requirements.  Originally, Bahamas only permitted entry to their country with a negative PCR test, working with Royal they changed their policy and VISA application to require PCR for only unvaccinated and permitted Vaccinated with Proof to enter without testing.  Royal still requires all adult to be vaccinated=no vaccine, no cruise.

Edited by gadaboutgal
spelling
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I havent read one post saying they arent requiring vaccinations have you. If so please give me a link.

Maybe you jumped from they dont have a stated policy from usa ports yet to .. no policy means they wouldnt? So many make assumptions. 

Idk maybe the vaccinations policy to alaska was because alaska or the departures port required it, who knows.. do you? Where is that magic 8 ball. 

Sorry I wasn't replying to what Carnival said, I was replying to what YOU said.

You wrote "Yes they have been consistent they will not require vaccinations. "

But they are requiring vaccines...in Alaska.

I have no idea what they will or won't require on the Vista.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, gadaboutgal said:

Bahamas aligned their requirements to Royal's requirements.  Originally, Bahamas only permitted entry to their country with a negative PCR test, working with Royal they changed their policy and VISA application to require PCR for only unvaccinated and permitted Vaccinated with Proof to enter without testing.  Royal still requires all adult to be vaccinated=no vaccine, no cruise.

There's a difference between waiving a PCR requirement for vaccinated people, and REQUIRING you to be vaccinated. Where did you see that the request for vaccines was a Royal requirement, and the Bahamas changed to match? That is contrary to what others have posted here. I'm not saying you aren't right, I just haven't seen where that came from.

I have been booked on the first three Adventure sailings since back when they opened.  Along the way, as a very interested party, I have kept up with  the changes over time, including the Website in which you apply for the Bahamas Visa-all in order to align with Royals homeporting needs there.  Bahamas changed to PCR testing only for unvaccinated individuals and no testing required if you can prove fully vaccinated plus 2 weeks.  Royal has always required their Adventure adult passengers to be fully vaccinated and the pcr test for children to cruise from the Bahamas.

All of this has/had nothing to do with CDC or U.S. requirements.

2 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

While this group of people no doubt exists, as a percentage I think it is very small and the risk is on them and not those of us that have been fully vaccinated. 

We had dinner with friends this week and while the husband has been vaccinated, his wife hasn't.  She has the strangest strange allergies - one of which is an allergy to epinephrine, so there are some folks out there that probably shouldn't get the vaccine, but I'm sure their number is very, very small. (An how many of that group even cruise?)

Just received an email from Princess, advising they are back in Alaska from July.   Quite prominent on the email was a vaccination requirement.   

trying to attach a photo of part of email.  They didn’t say Alaska requirement, they state “In accordance with CDC guidelines...”

29323E65-B025-4202-905C-13ED00E4CC38.jpeg

Edited by BSocial
Typo

5 minutes ago, mek said:

We had dinner with friends this week and while the husband has been vaccinated, his wife hasn't.  She has the strangest strange allergies - one of which is an allergy to epinephrine, so there are some folks out there that probably shouldn't get the vaccine, but I'm sure their number is very, very small. (An how many of that group even cruise?)

Yes I imagine it's a small number as well.  Then you have some states that have exemptions for personal, religious and philosophical beliefs 

41 minutes ago, jrapps said:

Sorry I wasn't replying to what Carnival said, I was replying to what YOU said.

You wrote "Yes they have been consistent they will not require vaccinations. "

But they are requiring vaccines...in Alaska.

I have no idea what they will or won't require on the Vista.

And I was replying regarding what carnival wants. .. not what their policy will actually be. We dont know but are dying to find out.

Saying carnival has been consistent that they dont want to require vaccines isnt a policy . Let's be patient. Things are evolving. Dont jump to conclusions.

And yes of course I'm aware they are requiring them to alaska. Still not a carnival fleet wide policy.

Edited by firefly333

19 minutes ago, mek said:

This adds nothing to the topic at hand, but...

Over 30 years in practice and I have never seen an epinephrine allergy. Have had some patients claim to be, but it’s always an allergy to one of the preservatives. 
Epinephrine is naturally produced by your body, and is the first line treatment in an anaphylactic emergency. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I would seem that cruise lines (possibly Carnival exception) are willing to take a risk on unvaccinated cruisers.  I think this is understandable since Princess took much of the flack for the beginning of the Covid in the U.S.

It will remain to be seen what is going to happen in those "forbidden to require covid passport" states.

Edited by gadaboutgal
grammar clarification

1 hour ago, BSocial said:

Just received an email from Princess, advising they are back in Alaska from July.   Quite prominent on the email was a vaccination requirement.   

trying to attach a photo of part of email.  They didn’t say Alaska requirement, they state “In accordance with CDC guidelines...”

29323E65-B025-4202-905C-13ED00E4CC38.jpeg

I got the same email and comments on the Princess board (and my interpretation of the email) indicate that if you aren't vaccinated (no matter your age or reason for lack of vaccination) you cannot sail on those Alaska cruises. Apparently, there will be no testing as a substitute for vaccination for the under-age or those who cannot or will not get the vaccine. 

Edited by joepeka
  • Thanks 1

CDC has said if ships do not want to go through the process of test cruises, they will be able to sail with only fully vaccinated passengers and crew.  It looks like that is what all the Alaska cruises will require.

They will all just begin sailing without the test cruises.  Good for them.  Let's get cruising going!

Edited by gadaboutgal