Carnival Insurance???

Has anyone ever used any of the Carnival Insurance that is offered? Is it a good thing or a bad thing if you don't get it with your cruise? We didn't think it was a good idea simply because we have life insurance, or would it have been a good idea? Has anyone ever had to use it? Is it a good program?

~~Dolly

Carnival Jubilee 6/2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;6;12;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Life insurance doesn't do a darn thing for you if you 1) miss the plane, 2) get sick aboard ship and have to be med-evac'd out, 3) have a family emergency that results in you not being able to go, 4) etc etc etc.

Bottom line is: "How lucky do you feel?"

Tom <--- Curmudgeon of the Seas

detroit100.gif

Eleven cruises so far. Up next:

Shhhh, it's a surprise!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=e9967a&cdt=2004;10;9;7;10;00&timezone=GMT-0500

And then:

Carnival Spirit 12/10/05 Mexican Riviera

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2005;12;10;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Perhaps something else in the works as well. Watch this space.

Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when somebody's watching.

If you have questions, you can ask your TA or if not which travel insurance you should take you can check out Insuremytrip.com.

Bottom line is that you can't go wrong with taking travel insurance, only sorry if you don't.

RCCL Mariner of the Seas 9/04 (Royal Hounds)

Try http://www.travelinsurance-info.com for a good overview of what to look for. They'll also send you brochures to look over. Insure my trip is a good place to buy.

Carnival's insurance insurance can be a great deal or a horrible deal since everyone essentially pays the same regardless of age or cabin fare. If you're 90 years old in a top-of-the-line suite you're making out well. If you're 25 years old in a $499 cabin you're getting killed.

For most folks the third-party policies work out much cheaper.

I always get the travel insurance. I had to cancel the first cruise I booked in 1997 when my 37 year old sister died unexpectedly two days before the expected departure. Obviously, we cancelled the cruise but at least I got my money back.

Kathy

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;5;30;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

05/30/04 Carnival Pride cruise & the wraparound balcony

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;6;28;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

06/28/04 Ecstasy-

Mom's 80th birthday surprise!!

Ecstasy 09/13/02

Ecstasy 05/26/03

My TA recommended Travelguard (www.travelguard.com) for our upcoming vacation. We are paying $65 pp, and just the peace of mind it's bringing makes it worthwhile. And when I decided to add a week to my vacation (4 days in Puerto Rico and 3 in Chicago), they were happy to cover it for no additional charge. The main reason I got insurance were all of the horror stories I have read in Conde Nast Traveler's Ombudman (sp?) section of ppl who have had something go wrong during their vacations.

Princess 6/96

Carnival Destiny 5/30/2004

We always go to TravelGuard or AccessAmerica for our insurance. I never take the cruises lines insurance, nor do I ever buy it from a TA. A good reason for not buying from the cruise line is what if (a longshot, I know) the cruise line go out of business and you get no cruise you have paid for? This has happened before. You are stuck. The insurance covers many things including health related issues besides cancellation costs. In some cases, it might be helpful to have. It is critically important to know what your current health benefits cover when away. At the very least what they won't cover, the travel insurance will. We also managed to double collect from both when it was necessary to visit the ships medical department a few years ago. As a matter of fact, our June cruise will be the first cruise we will take having not taken the insurance. Recently, a friend on the QE2 on a cruise to Canada had serious medical problems and had to be flown back to the US. Although it took some time, he did recoup the cost from his travel insurance. He also got the cost of having his luggage shipped back to the US. He is glad he had the insurance ......

<html>

<head>

<title></title>

</head>

<body>

<font color="#FF0000">Grand Princess 2-2001</font>

<font color="#0000FF">Grand Princess 12-2001</font>

<font color="#FF8000">Carnival Paradise 3-2002</font>

<font color="#FF00FF">Carnival Destiny 10-2002</font>

<font color="#008000">Golden Princess 10-2003</font>

<font color="#0000A0">Carnival Legend 6-8-2004</font>

dice.gif