Who else thinks that anyone caught faking their vaccine credentials should be banned from Cruising for life?

WestLakeGirl

Not wanting an individual to police the cheaters, I want the cruise line to institute and enforce such a ban.

Airlines ban passengers for unruly behavior.  Cruise ships have always banned passengers who get into fights or attack crewmembers.

Cheating your way onto the ship with falsified vaccine credentials is an attack on passengers and crew. JMO

• Like 55
  • Thanks 4

Celebrity and RCL have in the past have banned people for life . If you knowingly place your fellow at risk you should know that consequences will follow. I will let the cruise line determine what the penalty should be.

• Like 3

Would ban for life be as meaningful as a very high fine and possibly criminal charges?  A ban for life is not very meaningful if you were on your first cruise or are not a frequent cruiser.  Of course a ban for life for the few percent of cruisers that are Cruise Critic members would be quite a penalty.  But the majority of cruise passengers are not CC members and are not frequent cruisers.  So I am more in favor of very stiff financial penalties if caught.

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, WestLakeGirl said:

I have never posted in the vaccine thread. I did see this idea proposed by CeeKr in the 5/21 updates thread but thought it would be interesting to expose it to a wider audience

That's the one I was referring to.

Sorry, typed the wrong thread title. I still agreed with you. 😉

17 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Would ban for life be as meaningful as a very high fine and possibly criminal charges?  A ban for life is not very meaningful if you were on your first cruise or are not a frequent cruiser.  Of course a ban for life for the few percent of cruisers that are Cruise Critic members would be quite a penalty.  But the majority of cruise passengers are not CC members and are not frequent cruisers.  So I am more in favor of very stiff financial penalties if caught.

I agree with this. It might be an idea to have federal laws similar to those about forged passports. Make it a criminal offense with a high fine and possible jail time. Or maybe it could be pursued under current fraud laws.

Edited by mom says
  • Like 3

Put the passenger at fault  (and any family members traveling with)  off at the next port. No assistance getting home. No refund. Ruined family vacation. No further Cruising. Works for me.

Put it right in the passenger contract.

• Like 11

I agree that vaccination is an individual decision,  committing fraud and lying about a vaccination to get in a cruise, is despicable.  The consequences are not limited to those who won’t chose to be vaccinated, not because of the limited risk the put those of us who chose to protect family and friends or the greater risk for more vulnerable individuals with whom they come into contact, but they risk interrupting a cruise or worse shutting one down or impacting the long awaited and return to cruising.  

Don’t want to get a vaccine to secure fully participating? Knock yourself out.  I am not willing to accept the consequences of their foolishness and so I fully support legal and civil action against fraud! 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Tossing them off at the next port and letting them deal with what would be a criminal charge is appropriate.   Hard to imagine dealing with a charge of reckless endangerment and forgery in say Haiti or a few dozen other places.

Like most others I would miss cruising but not really a big deal.

I think the better question is once the person is infected and gets dropped off at the next port.   What if the country refuses to allow them in?  Would they just be stuck at the pier and no way to go anywhere for 14 days?

Them’s the breaks

but we’re not talking about someone who’s infected.  We’re talking about someone who presents fake credentials in order to board the ship under false pretenses.

Edited by cruisestitch

4 hours ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

I think there's a point at which individuals need to mind their own business and stop trying to be the vaccine police.

When you risk infecting me with a deadly disease by creating fraud, it is my business!

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2