Who else thinks that anyone caught faking their vaccine credentials should be banned from Cruising for life?

WestLakeGirl

35 minutes ago, DandDM said:

This reminds me of a college house mate from a long time ago.  He forged a season ski pass (poorly) and was busted by the ski resort.  When confronted with legal action, he made up a long story about buying it from one of their employees at an event.  The ski resort banned him, but never pressed charges...in hind sight, regardless of his elaborate lie, I bet their practice was to scare the kids they caught and rarely took legal action.

Nonetheless, after this went down, other roommates and I asked the guy to move out at the end of the semester and we just didn't trust living with him any longer (he was also a bit of a jerk...)

My post was about the opposite situation where the NCL desk jockey is making the mistake and the passenger has a legit card. Falsely accused is the term.

1 hour ago, Fouremco said:

Proof of vaccination aside, I'd enquire with my doctor whether the vaccine is deemed effective, even if not approved in the US, and if not, would there be any harm in receiving an approved vaccine now or in the near future.

Another thought: is the vaccine approved in any country? If so, Celebrity would presumably accept proof of having received vaccine "X" as sufficient to board. In which case, your proof of having received it should suffice, the "not approved" wording notwithstanding.

Yes, it was the AstraZeneca vaccine.  I go tomorrow for more labs - in the trials for 2 years.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Baron Barracuda said:

When treating "forgers" ship's sick bay should quadruple their already shockingly high treatment rates and their travel insurance should be invalidated.

I wonder what the daily rate would cost for them to remain in sickbay....

41 minutes ago, vermonter16 said:

Yes, it was the AstraZeneca vaccine.  I go tomorrow for more labs - in the trials for 2 years.  

I would ask Celebrity.   I personally would hope it would be allowed at least as a Thank You for participating in the trial.   At worst they would legally have to count you in the 5% unvaccinated to the CDC.   It just wouldn't seem right if they would let someone from the UK board with the same vaccine and not a US trial member.

Edited by wrk2cruise
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I agree, any passenger who would lie and present a forged vaccine document should be banned from cruising.   Airlines have no problem doing this with just “unruly” passengers and there is a national “no fly” list.      We know some lines do have a “no cruise” list for unruly, violent passengers so they can just add the forgery to the list .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wrk2cruise said:

I would ask Celebrity.   I personally would hope it would be allowed at least as a Thank You for participating in the trial.   At worst they would legally have to count you in the 5% unvaccinated to the CDC.   It just wouldn't seem right if they would let someone from the UK board with the same vaccine and not a US trial member.

Thanks.  I wished I'd been able to pick but didn't have that opportunity.  I joined because I wanted to get the world back to 'normal' and things going again.... I am going to ask Celebrity but I am going to wait since I figure they are working all that out.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vermonter16 said:

As AZ has been approved in such a large number of countries, including Canada and the UK, I can't see Celebrity denying you boarding. They want proof of vaccination, which you have, not proof of vaccination limited to brands X, Y and Z.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, CroozFanatic said:

You didn't understand the point. Without a back-end database to authenticate, the situation is unworkable. Maybe the guy smells funny...must be a fake card. Maybe he's got his hair wrapped in a towel...must be a fake card.

No, I understood it completely, but I disagree with you conclusion. If someone is caught with a "hot one (fake card)", the would-be passengers protestations should be to no avail. Just like teenagers with fake ID. If the bartender catches you trying to get a drink with a fake drivers license or other form of fraudulent ID, you're out of there. No amount of arguing is going to work.

• Like 2

I can't believe that someone would be so low as to "fake" having been vaccinated. I do understand how some may not want to be vaccinated and maybe not even do any of the protocols, but it takes a new low on integrity to pretend you got vaccinated when you really didn't.

I just want to believe that there are not many people willing to sink that low... especially just to go cruising.  If they'd go that low for something as simple as getting vaccinated, what else would they do on the ship?  They obviously have no scruples.  If you don't want to, or can't, get vaccinated, at least by grown-up enough to own it.

Tom

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, dodger1964 said:

Doing so is a felony. I would think that, In itself, would be enough deterrent. 

You would think that, but, unfortunately, too many would rather cheat than be honest.  Ironically, it's easier to be honest in this regard. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, K.T.B. said:

You would think that, but, unfortunately, too many would rather cheat than be honest.  Ironically, it's easier to be honest in this regard. 

What evidence do you see that leads you to believe forging vaccination documents to get on a cruise ship is going to be a widespread problem?

11 hours ago, gerelmx said:

falsifying vaccination credentials and / or covid tests should be considered a criminal act with attempted murder due to the possibility of voluntarily infecting others. Those who are discovered should have their trips suspended for life and if they already boarded kick them at the next stop.

No.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, ChutChut said:

No.

No what? No consequences whatsoever? I agree that the PPs vote for attempted murder would be a no go unless the culprit knew he was infected and made a deliberate attempt to infect one or more other people.  However, a felony conviction for forgery and possibly reckless endangerment would be appropriate,  don't you think? Along with the lifetime ban from the cruise line, which could be done with or without the criminal charges, at the cruise line's discretion. 

4 hours ago, ch175 said:

What evidence do you see that leads you to believe forging vaccination documents to get on a cruise ship is going to be a widespread problem?

Well, since there's been no cruises yet out of the US, obviously there's nothing to show...  But people being people, it's a foregone conclusion that people will attempt to lie their way on board.  I've seen it happen with someone who was obviously sick try to lie and say they weren't.  They looked as if they had just come from a hospital.  There were not allowed to board.

• Like 1

Just remember:  According to the CDC, if you are fully vaccinated, you can neither get nor spread Covid.  So, if you are vaccinated, who cares what others are doing or have done or not done?  If they want to risk getting sick and experience serious side effects, let that be on them.  Personal responsibility people-let's all be grown up about this.

17 minutes ago, tnt10 said:

Just remember:  According to the CDC, if you are fully vaccinated, you can neither get nor spread Covid.  So, if you are vaccinated, who cares what others are doing or have done or not done?  If they want to risk getting sick and experience serious side effects, let that be on them.  Personal responsibility people-let's all be grown up about this.

Incorrect!  Directly from the CDC:

A small percentage of people fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will still develop COVID-19 illness.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There have been no cases of fully vaccinated people getting Covid and experiencing serious or life threatening symptoms.  There is no evidence that it has happened, and studies have shown this to be true.

This is more political hype and not backed by evidence.

1 hour ago, tnt10 said:

There have been no cases of fully vaccinated people getting Covid and experiencing serious or life threatening symptoms.  There is no evidence that it has happened, and studies have shown this to be true.

This is more political hype and not backed by evidence.

It's called breakthrough infections, extremely rare but real. Vaccines are effective, but we still need a larger percentage of the population fully vaccinated.  This is the link to the CDC COVID 19 Breakthrough Case Investigations and reporting https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/health-departments/breakthrough-cases.html

BTW, I vote for banning those faking their vaccine credentials from cruising for life. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, tnt10 said:

That is not true. You can get or spread covid. The advantage of the vaccine is that you will not get a case that send you to the hospital or kills you.

12 hours ago, tserface said:

I can't believe that someone would be so low as to "fake" having been vaccinated. I do understand how some may not want to be vaccinated and maybe not even do any of the protocols, but it takes a new low on integrity to pretend you got vaccinated when you really didn't.

I just want to believe that there are not many people willing to sink that low... especially just to go cruising.  If they'd go that low for something as simple as getting vaccinated, what else would they do on the ship?  They obviously have no scruples.  If you don't want to, or can't, get vaccinated, at least by grown-up enough to own it.

Tom

Tom,

Unfortunately there are people that have no problem stooping that low.  Or even lower.  Just look at all the scams on the internet and by mail and by phone.  It is constant.  Scammers are a big business.  Also a new business has emerged in fake vaccine shots too.  In some parts of the world you can knowingly or unknowingly get a counterfeit vaccine and a counterfeit certificate too.  This is the world we live in.  It is sad really.

• Like 1