Who else thinks that anyone caught faking their vaccine credentials should be banned from Cruising for life?

WestLakeGirl

3 minutes ago, ch175 said:

You are comfortable having a government-controlled database that is accessible by private entities. Not to mention the government could choose winners and losers by dictating which companies have access?

Not to mention allowing foreign governments access to the database?

Come on.

Like I said, it has been going on for decades.

There is literally NO evidence that any of the things you are so scared about has ever happened.  Or contemplated outside of silly conspiracy circles.  So yeah, I am not going to sit shivering in my basement worrying about things that could conceivably happen.

The Government is always the Evil  Villain is so very South Park.

12 minutes ago, ch175 said:

You are comfortable having a government-controlled database that is accessible by private entities. Not to mention the government could choose winners and losers by dictating which companies have access?

Come on.

I'd be more concerned with the credit bureaus getting hacked - again.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, ch175 said:

Come on.

You are afraid that someone (anyone) might know that you received a vaccination? Why?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ch175 said:

Come on.

A database that lists who has been vaccinated?  And ‘foreign governments’ having access? I’m missing ‘the issue’ here. 

Kind of like handing passports to ‘foreign governments’. Kind of like handing over drivers licenses over to car rentals?  Kind of like handing over IDs over to airlines, bartenders (well that was a few years ago!). Kind of like handing the police driver’s license, insurance info, car registration. Kind of like……

den

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, ch175 said:

Come on.

I think most people who got vaccinated are perfectly OK with letting people know.  It's not like we got injected with cooties.  In this case, being willing to take the vaccine, even at an experimental stage, is a great act of public service and people should be proud that they are helping us beat this awful nightmare.  Those who refuse, for whatever reason, are within their rights, I guess, but they should own that as well. 

I don't see any problem with a database that businesses can use to validate special access to vaccinated individuals.

I know there are some with medical issues that preclude them from getting vaccinated, but for those who just don't want to for personal or political reasons, then, they should just live with that... it's a free country and they have the right to that decision.  For the near-term being vaccinated may come with some additional privileges they won't realize, but... it's still their choice.

Tom

• Like 3

What medical issues preclude you from being vaccinated?   The vaccines were made so everyone would be able to tolerate one of the types.    My sister is a physician and would love to know the answer to this question.   All of her patients have been advised to get the vaccine.

3 hours ago, ECCruise said:

Like I said, it has been going on for decades.

There is literally NO evidence that any of the things you are so scared about has ever happened.  Or contemplated outside of silly conspiracy circles.  So yeah, I am not going to sit shivering in my basement worrying about things that could conceivably happen.

The Government is always the Evil  Villain is so very South Park.

You trust the Government, even after it's been reported Fauci has been lying to us for over a year?   I trust common sense over Gov't sense. 

Perhaps if there is a suspicion (for whatever reason) that a person’s documents are faked they should be challenged to open their official record.  Refusal would then be a presumption that the documents are, indeed fake, and cause for removal from the ship.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Auntiemomo said:

You trust the Government, even after it's been reported Fauci has been lying to us for over a year?   I trust common sense over Gov't sense. 

Never said I completely trusted the Government. I said I don't trust tin foil hat conspiracy lunatics. 

Or goofy nonsense about world renowned Epidemiologists. 

😎

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

Never said I completely trusted the Government. I said I don't trust tin foil hat conspiracy lunatics. 

Or goofy nonsense about world renowned Epidemiologists. 

😎

Seems like those tin foil hat conspiracy lunatics who were poo-pooed over a year ago,  turned out they were right and we were all lied to.  Yeah, always trust Gov't because they never lie to you.  😉

1 hour ago, Auntiemomo said:

Seems like those tin foil hat conspiracy lunatics who were poo-pooed over a year ago,  turned out they were right and we were all lied to.  Yeah, always trust Gov't because they never lie to you.  😉

Suggest you wrongly equate "government" in general with politics.  Know several past and present members of Congress.  ALWAYS got a straight answer or they sometimes said they could not answer at that time.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ch175 said:

Come on.

Seriously?

Look, the extent of the database would only need to be the following:

Name:____________

DOB:  __/__/____

Vaccinated?  Yes or no.

Vaccine type:  _________________

Date of final dose:  __/__/____

That's it.  How the frik hard it that to maintain?  NOTHING of value is being given out. You show your ID to prove you are who you say you are when you show up to board and they match the name and DOB.  Good to go then.  Just one additional layer of safety.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

What medical issues preclude you from being vaccinated?   The vaccines were made so everyone would be able to tolerate one of the types.    My sister is a physician and would love to know the answer to this question.   All of her patients have been advised to get the vaccine.

VERY few people can have an allergic reaction to polyethylene glycol, which is present in the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines, but not Johnson and Johnson.  

12 hours ago, coffeebean said:

I have two words for those who forge a vaccine card......low lifes. Having said that, I sincerely doubt the Celebrity crowd, as a whole, does not fit that "expletive".

sadly, as demonstrated  throughout the last year,  their is quite a number of lowlifes in all levels of society..

Edited by ericfromri
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

People have the right to choose, I have always believed that.

Along with that choice there are consequences.

I have had both of my vaccines, AstraZeneca and have done so firstly to protect myself and secondly to stop the spread.

Those who refuse the vaccine obviously don't care if they, even in a small way, spread the virus. That is their choice but they have to face the consequences and that may mean no travel.

If they then try and falsify the fact they haven't had the vaccine should face serious consequences IMHO.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, K.T.B. said:

Seriously?

Look, the extent of the database would only need to be the following:

Name:____________

DOB:  __/__/____

Vaccinated?  Yes or no.

Vaccine type:  _________________

Date of final dose:  __/__/____

That's it.  How the frik hard it that to maintain?  NOTHING of value is being given out. You show your ID to prove you are who you say you are when you show up to board and they match the name and DOB.  Good to go then.  Just one additional layer of safety.

The government would be spending billions(?) of dollars to build a database. Are you actually naive enough to believe covid vaccination info would be the only thing ever stored in it?

54 minutes ago, ch175 said:

The government would be spending billions(?) of dollars to build a database. Are you actually naive enough to believe covid vaccination info would be the only thing ever stored in it?

If you don’t want to be in a database don’t accept your social security or Medicare benefits. Anyone who lies about vaccination in order to board a cruise ship should not only be banned from cruising for life but indicted for attempted manslaughter. You all can stay home and have barbecues with your like minded  friends. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Treasure Hunter said:

If you don’t want to be in a database don’t accept your social security or Medicare benefits. Anyone who lies about vaccination in order to board a cruise ship should not only be banned from cruising for life but indicted for attempted manslaughter. You all can stay home and have barbecues with your like minded  friends. 

I've done very well investing in data related stocks. If you use a credit card, or a part of any loyalty program, or even going to social media or do hundreds of activities you are part of data basis. Thank you all for increasing my potential profits!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ch175 said:

I trust the federal government and its career employees long before I trust private sector companies and employees.  Private sector is totally "for profit" and will sell any information on anyone, including their mothers, to make a buck.  Federal database information is governed by laws protecting privacy and security of the data.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Catherine Janaway said:

Those who refuse the vaccine obviously don't care if they, even in a small way, spread the virus. That is their choice but they have to face the consequences and that may mean no travel.

If they then try and falsify the fact they haven't had the vaccine should face serious consequences IMHO.

Those who refuse might have a medical reason to not get a vaccination.  The consequences should be that they might get covid-19, not an external punishment.  The consequences should not be no travel. 

24 minutes ago, Geobugs said:

Those who refuse might have a medical reason to not get a vaccination.  The consequences should be that they might get covid-19, not an external punishment.  The consequences should not be no travel. 

I am getting pretty frustrated by this argument apart from pregnancy please tell me the medical conditions that prevent the injection?

Even if that is the case that still isn't a reason to falsify documents I am sure there would be exceptions if that was the case.

• Like 1