Anyone want to make a prediction..new CDC mask guidance coming?

2 hours ago, jrapps said:

I respect your decision not to vaccinate your kids, however there are plenty of other threads to voice this in, why does every thread need to devolve into people attacking. We get it, you think it's ridiculous, criminal, insane that people would vaccinate their kids. Got it.

Back to the question for this post...Who thinks we will see new mask and social distance rules specifically tied to vaccination rates this week?

To be completely fair, it's a very bad question to pose as it's entirely based on nothing but biases.

2 hours ago, jrapps said:

Maybe I should have asked what do people WANT to see happen next week...sigh. Yes it's speculation. Just thought some people would have some new ideas other than "masks everywhere" or "no masks at all!"

Sorry I started the thread. Carry on.

Alas welcome to CC the only internet forum where people posting *can't* delete they're own posts. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, I am cruising said:

absolutely shocking... to ask for young people like teens to get the vaccination when no one knows long term side effects 

well my husband and I  have had had ours but I will not be getting our teen getting it 

so royal caribbean I will see going under cos it is not viable to keep going with those restrictions

there will be some people who will get their children vaccinated but we are not one of them for nothing and certainly not for cruising 

imo absolutely ridiculous and not needed 

But, but, but.....no one is mandating you get your kids vaccinated. No one. The choice is yours to have your children vaccinated. However, if your children are within the age that the cruise lines require to be vaccinated, they will not be able to board the ship.

Cruising is a vacation past time. It is not something that you MUST do. There are other vacation options that do not require vaccines. For cruising, eventually, these restrictions will be lifted, hopefully, so everyone can cruise whether they are vaccinated or not. WHEN that will be is anyone's guess.

Edited by coffeebean
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, jrapps said:

Now that Royal has come out with new Vaccination rules (everyone 16+ must vaccinated, goes to 12+ on Aug 1), I am wondering if this came from behind the scenes negotiations with the CDC. All indications are that the CDC will be issuing CSO changes soon, removing the 8 day rule as well as other changes.

Do you think we will see new Mask and social distancing rules that tie in to the 16+/12+ vaccination rule? In the current CSO rules, the only thing vaccination did was help skip test cruises.

My money is on new guidance that says if 100% of age-eligible passengers (not 100% of the ship, but 100% of 16+/12+) are vaccinated, masks are either no longer required, or mostly not required.

What do you think, will we see new mask and social distance rules specifically tied to vaccination rates this week?

CDC will mandate masks be worn on ships forever to prevent outbreak of Cold and Flu.

1 minute ago, matj2000 said:

Is someone on the ship going to actually make you put a mask on?

I doubt it....

No but they will ban you for life for refusing. Something I doubt you could appeal in court?

8 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

But, but, but.....no one is mandating you get your kids vaccinated. No one. The choice is yours to have your children vaccinated. However, if your children are within the age that the cruise lines require to be vaccinated, they will not be able to board the ship.

Cruising is a vacation past time. It is not something that you MUST do. There are other vacation options that do not require vaccines. For cruising, eventually, these restrictions will be lifted, hopefully, so everyone can cruise whether they are vaccinated or not. WHEN that will be is anyone's guess.

I doubt they will ever lift the vaccination requirements you know. This Covid is what 10x deadlier than Flu? A serious outbreak onboard a ship could lead to deaths. I know moving forward it may be understood that most people might get the vaccine but still I can see them insisting on it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, livingonthebeach said:

Still on the masks forever / masks for life crusade I see.  CDC has said no such thing. Get over the pipe dream. 

Have you heard of a woman called Jane McDonald? She used to be a singer on the ships when she was younger. Now she is filmed taking cruise holidays for UK tv station Channel 5. She was on Sky Princess with a cold and sore throat and hardly able to speak. How many did she make sick with that?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ace2542 said:

Have you heard of a woman called Jane McDonald? She used to be a singer on the ships when she was younger. Now she is filmed taking cruise holidays for UK tv station Channel 5. She was on Sky Princess with a cold and sore throat and hardly able to speak. How many did she make sick with that?

I heard she infected the entire ship.  The captain and first, second, and third officers got deadly sick which caused the ship to slowly sink in the North Sea.  What a terrible, terrible tragedy.  There are Norsemen in the area who report hearing the echos of those songs of yore. #songsforlife #norsetales #masksforlife #masksforever

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

I heard she infected the entire ship.  The captain and first, second, and third officers got deadly sick which caused the ship to slowly sink in the North Sea.  What a terrible, terrible tragedy.  There are Norsemen in the area who report hearing the echos of those songs of yore. #songsforlife #norsetales #masksforlife #masksforever

I hear James Cameron is going to make an epic movie about that.

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, matj2000 said:

Is someone on the ship going to actually make you put a mask on?

I doubt it....

If the rules require it, absolutely. Personally, I can’t see ships sailing if conditions require masks, but if they do you can be sure they will be dead serious about it. This isn’t like wearing shorts in the MDR. Covid outbreaks nearly destroyed the industry. They are not going to play games. 

Will big goons hold you down and force a mask on you? Nah. But you absolutely can be confined to cabin if you refuse. 

• Like 1

I'm hoping for a maskless environment since it will be an almost entirely vaccinated ship.  I'm expecting only minor masking required by my August Alaska cruise since masks will almost be done away with on land by then.  I'm looking forward to gigantic piles of bacon daring me to eat them.

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, mek said:

I hear James Cameron is going to make an epic movie about that.

Yep you heard right. JC bought the script from Ace and is currently filming the "The Voice Sinks" soon to out-gross his prior 1997 Titanic film. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I expect the CDC to change guidance next week, and the week after that, and the week after that. My prediction is that by the time the CSO is set to expire on October 31st it will be so mothballed that it won't have any significant impact at that point. FEMA is going to end their Emergency Declaration in September, so I am getting more confident that by November 1 cruising will be almost normal.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I'm hoping for a maskless environment since it will be an almost entirely vaccinated ship.  I'm expecting only minor masking required by my August Alaska cruise since masks will almost be done away with on land by then.  I'm looking forward to gigantic piles of bacon daring me to eat them.

same here

56 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

this made the entire thread worth reading for myself

• Like 2

I expect the CDC to go for masks indoors, regardlesss of the fact they say the science shows its not needed for vaccinated individuals.  They have already gone away from the science for airplanes and other public transport requiring vaccinated people to wear masks, and Fauci said OK for vaccinated people to go on their own excursions as long as they wear a mask indoors.   I have read 2nd hand that they have recently said that masks for people outside at a golf tournament are not required, but are recommended.   We are on the June 19th Adventure sailing and I expect to have to wear a mask inside while not eating or drinking.  I can handle that, but now that I am vaccinated, I would prefer no masks at all...ever again.

9 hours ago, zekekelso said:

Will big goons hold you down and force a mask on you? Nah. But you absolutely can be confined to cabin if you refuse

They would never dare hold someone down if someone died during that with a knee on the neck from a poorly trained security guard the lawsuit would be enormous especially if they got rid of the body at sea to cover up what they had done which a panicked cruise director woken at midnight might just decide to do.

They won't confine to cabin either they will just ask you to leave at the next port.

10 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

Seriously though Jane went to a drumming event held by one staff member from one of the singing bands in close proximity to at least 20 people. Then she went to the spar and on an excursion in a cable car with a good number of passengers. How many did the infect? A few I am sure. If they had been wearing masks no one would have been infected. That is why there hasn't been a flu season this year the CDC knows it.

9 hours ago, DWhit said:

I expect the CDC to go for masks indoors, regardlesss of the fact they say the science shows its not needed for vaccinated individuals.  They have already gone away from the science for airplanes and other public transport

I agree and I think the CDC will keep those guidelines about public transport, planes and cruise ships forever. They know that those 3 settings are the biggest spreaders for Cold, Flu and Covid and other things.

10 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

It was filmed in Feb 2020 just before cruising paused. It could have been Covid she had you know? No way to know.

12 hours ago, zekekelso said:

If the rules require it, absolutely. Personally, I can’t see ships sailing if conditions require masks, but if they do you can be sure they will be dead serious about it. This isn’t like wearing shorts in the MDR. Covid outbreaks nearly destroyed the industry. They are not going to play games. 

Will big goons hold you down and force a mask on you? Nah. But you absolutely can be confined to cabin if you refuse. 

And kicked off at the next port.  I think I'll comply.