First time Silversea cruiser

jmfdr

We have booked our first Silversea cruise which will be on the Silver Spirit.  I have been reading about the ship but still have a couple questions about dining venues.  Are there places to get an informal breakfast and/or lunch at a buffet or deli setting?  Are there coffee bars to pick up an expresso or cappuccino?  

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Jan

27 minutes ago, jmfdr said:

We have booked our first Silversea cruise which will be on the Silver Spirit.  I have been reading about the ship but still have a couple questions about dining venues.  Are there places to get an informal breakfast and/or lunch at a buffet or deli setting?  Are there coffee bars to pick up an expresso or cappuccino?  

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Jan

Yes to all of your questions.

Coffees on Spirit are available ~ 6:30 am to 11 pm at Arts Cafe.

Arts Cafe also offers light breakfasts and lunches.  But La Terrazza has wonderful full buffets for both meals. 

Silversea is never very formal until 6 pm on selected evenings.  Shorts and t-shirts are always in order for breakfast and lunch (though most men will wear collared golf shirts.)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Observer said:

"... But La Terrazza has wonderful full buffets for both meals..."

Which, most likely, will take on a whole new character under the new COVID-19 guidance.

• Like 1

On 5/24/2021 at 8:00 AM, jmfdr said:

Thanks everyone, for your responses.  This gives me a good idea of casual food options during the day.

A few minutes ago, I viewed a 17+ minute video of the restaurant options on this Forum for Silver Spirit.  Try to find it.  As one who is seriously considering a Silverseas cruise, it was most informative!

On 5/26/2021 at 2:41 PM, rkacruiser said:

A few minutes ago, I viewed a 17+ minute video of the restaurant options on this Forum for Silver Spirit.  Try to find it.  As one who is seriously considering a Silverseas cruise, it was most informative!

Do you mean this video

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing the link to that video.  SUPER helpful to newbies.  Can't believe how many different dining options there are for such an intimate ship.  So looking forward to this new experience.

• Like 1

It was offered in The Panorama on my cruises. I didn't go to the Observation Lounge in the mornings so cannot tell you about that venue.

If you enjoy a very early riser cup of Joe, use you room service breakfast card that your suite attendant/butler will leave on your bed at turndown service.  I write two cappuccino's for 4 am delivery and leave on my suite door before midnight. 

Alas, no where to get coffee before 6:30am made by Silversea (versus your suite expresso machine if your suite comes with one) unless you use room service.

On 5/26/2021 at 5:41 PM, rkacruiser said:

Thanks so much.  I did find that video which perfectly reviewed all the dining venues.  We will certainly not go hungry.  I love that there will be so many unique menu options and venues.  

I also appreciate the conversation about where to find morning coffee.🙂  Thanks everyone.

• Like 1