Dress Code/Theme Night/Theatre schedule for QE summer cruises

bluemarble

11 minutes ago, tim2go said:

Thank you. That's pretty much what I assumed but it's nice to have it clarified. 🙂

Glad to help and welcome to the Cunard forum. I notice your 14th Sept sailing has two Gala evenings and three theatre shows listed. It's the one exception to my comment about the schedule listing the production shows for the "Gala" evenings. Looks like they are planning the Hollywood Nights show for your "Smart Attire" evening in Liverpool. Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/29/2021 at 3:28 PM, tgetz said:

Blue marble, that is great information for a lot of travelers. Very nice of you to share. Since you are interested in the theme nights, just wondering if perhaps you know what some of the theme nights have been on previous world cruises? We are booked on the QM2  2023 world cruise and it is way too early to be looking at shore excursions, so because we are so excited  I am looking at some of the outfits I might pack- that is hoping I gain no more weight. I know there are blogs from people that have sailed before but i can't seem to find them. Certainly not an important thing to do, but it keeps the excitement up. 🙂   

On 7/5/2021 at 7:31 PM, The Med said:

Brilliant, thank you so much, although oddly enough the link is working now.

Yes, we’re on the 23rd July sailing so it’s black and white night.

I do have a black and white long dress but I still have much lovelier dresses in bright colours which I’d rather wear and after living in casual clothes for a year I’m disappointed that I can’t wear one of my nicest gowns.

Out of curiosity, what percentage of people adhere to the theme?

Hi, on a TA crossing in 2017 we had Roaring 20’s and Black and White Ball. 
I wore long black dress and white choker. But wore other colours on other nights . I loved it 

On 7/6/2021 at 12:51 PM, The Med said:

So I really want to wear that dress. I’m happy to wear black and white for the theme but I’ll be miffed if I get to the dinner and only a minority are in the theme and I could have worn my lovely dress after all. 

On our voyage everyone was dressed beautifully… but not everyone was in a strict theme. 

Trust me… you will be great going with the silver dress you love!!!

Enjoy!!!!!

On 7/8/2021 at 10:34 AM, The Med said:

I’m currently looking at other cruise lines at the moment for our original dates. 

Ah… finished reading the forum and saw you had a cancellation… so sorry. 

Well my response above still stands.

WHEN you get to eventually take a Cunard voyage (and I hope you will), the Silver dress you adore will be lovely.

• Like 1