Royal vs the other cruise lines

16 hours ago, George C said:

I have been on70 cruises on above a dozen lines and rccl is the worst , I grew up with Italian food and also had great pizza in Naples and find it hard to believe anyone who lived in New York would think rccl pizza is good. 

I am not Italian but many of my childhood friends were and current friends are.I have been to their homes where on occasion home made pizza would be served or have gone out with them to Italian restaurants.In my opinion Sorrento’s pizza is better than any pizza on any other cruise line I have been on but not even comparable to a good pizza parlor on land.

15 hours ago, jonbgd said:

Idk Carnival has some really good pizza as well as Princess

Sometimes Ncl has some really good pizza and other times taste like frozen 

Hey George, you live in Dallas Tx, where do you find a good pie there?

When we sailed wit you, we were in Houston, only found one god pizza place and our local Round table in CA is better

Never had pizza from NY but Pizza is subjective

Sometimes a deep dish Chicago style is good or a quick thin crust California style or even an east coast version depends on my mood

But I guess in SF, we are spoiled with Tony Gemignani and all the different styles of pizzas he does

No cruise ship can compare to that

When I was last in Houston 15 years ago there was a great pizza place owned by 2 guys from NYC .I do not recall the name but it was near the baseball stadium.

When we sailed wit you, we were in Houston, only found one god pizza place and our local Round table in CA is better

Sometimes a deep dish Chicago style is good or a quick thin crust California style or even an east coast version depends on my mood

But I guess in SF, we are spoiled with Tony Gemignani and all the different styles of pizzas he does

Pizza is decent in Dallas area we order a pizza every Sunday from a place just a mile from our house. We just love Nyc food from the pizza place where you can get a slice to the upscales to the Jewish delis with there great pastrami. Would love to visit SF. 

• Like 1

We love SF for theater and food.We have good friends living in Berkeley and have been going to the area since 1970.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I am not Italian but many of my childhood friends were and current friends are.I have been to their homes where on occasion home made pizza would be served or have gone out with them to Italian restaurants.In my opinion Sorrento’s pizza is better than any pizza on any other cruise line I have been on but not even comparable to a good pizza parlor on land.

try Msc   i love royal but not their pizza

On 6/5/2021 at 4:06 PM, lenquixote66 said:

I would not choose to cruise on a line solely because of their pizza

what is it with people on here, they ask for an opinion, than act snyde.  i do not think there is worse pizza anywhere on the high seas than at sorrento's..

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, ericfromri said:

what is it with people on here, they ask for an opinion, than act snyde.  i do not think there is worse pizza anywhere on the high seas than at sorrento's..

Everything is a matter of opinion .I accept that you may not like Sorrentos.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ericfromri said:

I can also say that MSC pizza is ok, it just seems to be available as breakfast lunch and dinner.  It is also not enough to have me cruise MSC again.

21 minutes ago, CanadaRob said:

I can also say that MSC pizza is ok, it just seems to be available as breakfast lunch and dinner.  It is also not enough to have me cruise MSC again.

I cannot imagine anyone choosing a cruise because of pizza.

1 hour ago, CanadaRob said:

msc is just ok. i like celebrity better    but it is pretty shallow to like a cruise line because of their pizza imo. i do not eat pizza usually but i tried some on msc and it was certainly better than what i had on royal.  royals specialty reataurants  are pretty good, i try to eat every meal there.  thankfully the pinnacles get a good assortment of bonus restaurants.   i travel with royal because i feel they are the best middle of the road.  carnival , ncl, costa dont hold a finger

Edited by ericfromri

On 5/25/2021 at 8:28 PM, George C said:

Entertainment is what always brings us back to rccl, although we do cruise other lines.

Us too....the entertainment is what we must have on a cruise  .... Royal has loads going on during day and night it is varied 

Norwegian however I feel has more varied and loads more entertainment than Royal at night.... well we preferred it. We felt there was never a moment when we didn't have somewhere to go to watch see and do however for during day royal beats them with more stuff going on during the day.

I would cruise with both for sure.... however as we have a teen I would first check what Royal had on offer due to activities in the day and both have great teen clubs although it was generally for our teen to meet up with people and she did her own thing after dinner with her friends.

We have only done Royal and Norwegian to compare....

Food wise I reckon Royal beats Norwegian slightly .... my husband says Norwegian...but they are roughly the same.  I think Royal had more choice especially with buffet .... We love the buffet.... so much variety and quality food at the buffet.  we eat in MDR at least once and have tried speciality restaurants on Royal and do feel they are much better than MDR...however we dont always do speciality dining on every cruise. Years ago the MDR in royal was great but we definitely think the quality has gone down hill in recent years. 

Like on my other post Norwegian has better entertainment for adults and more varied entertainment  however Royal beats them for during the day and for their pools etc royal beats Norwegian

however I would definitely say Norwegian and Royal are on par. 

Norwegian I would say is slightly more casual than Royal .... but you can basically wear what you want on both lines ..