Princess Cays

new2cruise

Can you rent an umbrella and lounge chair once you are on the island, or do you have to reserve it ahead of time? Are there enough for everyone who wants one, or do you have to get there as soon as you dock to score one?

I have never seen an umbrella for rent there, and there are plenty of loungers. You can rent "clam shells" but many people find them hot. Clam shells (there are lots) can be rented in advance as an "excursion" or you can rent them while you are there, or when on the ship.

• Like 1

Clamshells yes, reserve in advance, on the ship or on the beach. Rental area is to the right over the bridge as you exit the tender. I haven't seen umbrellas. Believe an umbrella is included if you reserve a cabana. Lounge chairs are plentiful, enough for everyone, and free. Move them wherever you want. Prime locations in the shaded areas go quickly. If you want to grab one of these shaded areas, arrive early at the tender ticket location, usually a DR. Location and procedure will be announced in the daily patter.

• Like 1

You can see video tours of Princess Cays on Youtube.

Tons of loungers!

Some Pavilion roofs for shade.  (these loungers might get claimed quickly)

Palm Trees for some shade.

You would want to go ashore early to find shade.

And, they do offer plenty of the Clamshells that will cover two loungers.

You can rent them on your cruise personalizer online, and probably thru the APPs too.

They are like $40.00

1 hour ago, neverbeenhere said:

I would agree that water shoes are needed to enjoy the water at Princess Cays, but water shoes are not necessary to enjoy the bars at Princess Cays.

when they open ... which takes a while ...

2 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

And a NOTE:   Remember to take some cash and small bills just in case, for souvenirs, tips for the bartenders or the musicians that play at the main first bar area!

I thought that anything purchased Princess Cays gift shop is charged to your on board account. Did not ever see cash there. You need cash for souvenirs if you leave the area, out the back gate to the local vendor area. You are supposed to show a gov't issued ID to exit & re-enter. Tips, that's another thing. Bartenders are bar staff from the ship. Bartender tips are covered by the 18% gratuity. Of course you can give extra if you like. Musicians are local hires. They only receive what Princess pays them. Certain they would appreciate any extra cash throw their way. 

• Like 2

Of course, we are not sure, currently!

If there is one Princess place onshore, they would take your Medallion/Card.

But, I think I am remembering, from past visit, that some select locals were allowed to operate kiosks there, within Princess Cay property.   That might have changed.

I SO wished I had cash to tip the musicians, and maybe even the bartender too, at the main bar area there.  They had done a really good job playing music, entertaining, and played my request too!

But, alas, my husband had come ashore with only his card.  (He is the one who 'hauls' everything for us!!! 

30 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

Of course, we are not sure, currently!

If there is one Princess place onshore, they would take your Medallion/Card.

But, I think I am remembering, from past visit, that some select locals were allowed to operate kiosks there, within Princess Cay property.   That might have changed.

I think you are correct. I remember some offering to braid hair. But I think most locals that sell merchandise are in a vendor area just through the back gate.

Edited by skynight