St Maarten - EHAS Form

themutis

Early Cruisers to St Maarten - Would love to hear your experience getting into St Maarten and the EHA Form (LINK)

Hoping someone reports back after their trip to help the rest of us get through it.

Thanks in advance!

I have friends that just returned from SXM and had no issues with the entry protocols or getting a test to return to the US. They didn’t get their approvals until the day before their flight but did get them. 

• Like 1

Doing walgreens PCR 5 days before arrival. Hopefully will get the results back in 1 to 2 days. Fill out the EHAS form and pay the $30 as we are flying in one day ahead. I also have a walk in as a backup in Fort Lauderdale. Price is $179pp, but results come back the next morning. Hopefully wont have to do this. Will order the rapid test prior to  leaving on the Star Breeze for $49(gift form) to gain entry back to the US. Will turn this in to health insurance as they should cover the expense.  All fingers crossed. Don’t plan on doing much the week before we get tested. Part of me is starting to think maybe we should have gone to Alaska. LOL

Edited by wesport

1 hour ago, minidonuts85 said:

I have friends that just returned from SXM and had no issues with the entry protocols or getting a test to return to the US. They didn’t get their approvals until the day before their flight but did get them. 

Would you please let us know how they did theirs? They just accepted the rapid test this week but I still have never had any kind of testing. The day before is really cutting it close. I would be nervous!

46 minutes ago, themutis said:

Wesport:  Re:  Doing walgreens PCR 5 days before arrival.

I thought we only needed the antigen test for St Maarten.  Possibly we need the PCR test for some of the other island?   Requirements were updated on May 24th.

https://stmaartenehas.com/travel-requirements/

To the best of my knowledge, if you are arriving before the cruise, you need to do the pcr test 5 days before and fill out the ehas form. Page two of the ehas form specifically states pcr results. You might want to send an email to ehas@sintmaarten.org with your specific time frame. Every time I send an email I get a different answer. 

1 hour ago, themutis said:

I thought we only needed the antigen test for St Maarten.  Possibly we need the PCR test for some of the other island?   Requirements were updated on May 24th.

You are correct. St. Maarten just updated info this week. So as of of today- antigen. 

3 hours ago, themutis said:

For US visitors nothing has changed. 

Ok how about this ? I previously copied the wrong paragraph.

1. Alternatively, travelers originating from the USA and Canada can do an antigen test for the SARS-COV-2 virus obtained from a naso-pharyngeal swab performed within 48 hours prior to departure to Sint Maarten. All FDA approved antigen tests including those with Emergency Use Authorization only (EUA) are accepted. Tests performed outside of the 48 hours period and home tests will not be accepted.

6 hours ago, FLbeachbaby said:

Ok how about this ? I previously copied the wrong paragraph.

1. Alternatively, travelers originating from the USA and Canada can do an antigen test for the SARS-COV-2 virus obtained from a naso-pharyngeal swab performed within 48 hours prior to departure to Sint Maarten. All FDA approved antigen tests including those with Emergency Use Authorization only (EUA) are accepted. Tests performed outside of the 48 hours period and home tests will not be accepted.

This is what is. On celebrity’s site. C663E119-BB73-4DE4-8C4B-131745712C3E.thumb.jpeg.77d0ea6a2f2e28bc1bbb0084a62bcb4b.jpeg

Yes that is what I was referring to, the number 2. Alternately.  I just wasn't sure if there were different requirements for the islands we are visiting, but I guess there is not.

I just can't wait to be on the Star Breeze - she's going to be beautiful!

3 hours ago, wesport said:

This is what is. On celebrity’s site. C663E119-BB73-4DE4-8C4B-131745712C3E.thumb.jpeg.77d0ea6a2f2e28bc1bbb0084a62bcb4b.jpeg

Celebrity is definitely making it easier ! They are paying for return testing. Not "mandating" excursions but keeping it a bit more fluid. Also launching first cruise out of US here with the lovely Captain Kate at the helm of the Edge. Super easy traveling...

• Like 1

Just now, FLbeachbaby said:

Celebrity is definitely making it easier ! They are paying for return testing. Not "mandating" excursions but keeping it a bit more fluid. Also launching first cruise out of US here with the lovely Captain Kate at the helm of the Edge. Super easy traveling...

WESPORT- I just saw you are from Ft. Liquordale so you probably know all this, sorry.

I'm a native FL, had family on that coast and started college on that side. Good times and lots of yacht stories. Love being able to hop on a cruise at any given moment.

I’m getting cranky. I read the St Maarten requirements for testing. Was it 120 hours before departure or 72 hours before departure?

I emailed the authorities in St Maarten...told them I was flying in from Miami fully vaccinated ....they responded, test results for the PCr  within 120 hours of departure.

well I’m going to try to get the PCr test and the antigen test . I’m getting on that boat come he’ll or high water.

Hi there!  This will be our first WS cruise, (not our first cruise, though).  We were so homesick for the Caribbean we grabbed the first available boat (SeaBreeze).  Hope we can navigate all this Covid paperwork and actually get onboard soon.  Any advise, info, etc, will be appreciated.  We are on the June 19th cruise.  Hope we make it. 

2 hours ago, RMS Olympic said:

I’m getting cranky. I read the St Maarten requirements for testing. Was it 120 hours before departure or 72 hours before departure?

I emailed the authorities in St Maarten...told them I was flying in from Miami fully vaccinated ....they responded, test results for the PCr  within 120 hours of departure.

well I’m going to try to get the PCr test and the antigen test . I’m getting on that boat come he’ll or high water.

You are not the only one. I have an email from ehas that says if you do the pcr 120hours before arrival and the form you don’t need the antigen. 

2 hours ago, RMS Olympic said:

452BD6C3-DB42-4567-B295-C378805F4465.thumb.jpeg.4bd7230cf7f2f1b337f746b14e528a1b.jpeg4B0ED234-DB5C-426B-BD56-5F2C0DA72111.thumb.jpeg.e8d4fd4218f0b2d1e91f6ab56971535a.jpeg

4 hours ago, RMS Olympic said:

Dear Cranky, Join. The. Club. If there was a poop emoji here it would have been used. Welcome to the State of Confusion. Sit back and enjoy all of us trying to figure out how to get onboard...

2 hours ago, wesport said:

Is it A(PCR and antigen) or B(just PCR). 

I think it is the AND that is confusing. Their wording up there^ semantically means you need both but that's not what is on the EHAS site. I need more than a Covid shot to deal with this 😅