Bookit.com Mystery Miami 3* Resort - Marco Polo Ramada

VTengineer

I found out that Bookit.com's "3 STAR Ocean Front Miami Resort" is the Marco Polo Beach Resort Ramada Plaza. Paid $69+tax for a 1 night stay 3/31-4/1. I see bad reviews of this place, but for a budget stay, 1 night pre cruise, is it that bad? As long as there aren't roaches and bedbugs, I've slept in worse possibly.

The terms said cancel without penalty before March 28...

Didn't see many posts about this hotel, any opinions? Is there really free parking across the street, "under the overpass?"

What's it like around there at night? Looks like there are restaurants just south of the hotel, possibly within walking distance, is it safe to walk in the evening?

VTE

I've seen reviews both good and bad...what do you mean by dismal? I'd like to find out from someone firsthand what it's like recently...are the beds & bathrooms clean? that's all we really need...

and it wasn't charging $69 with full knowledge upfront...it was a mystery price...found out afterwards. kind of like priceline... so I guess I disagree with the statement price-wise...if the sofitel miami accepts a priceline $70 bid for the same night 3/31, does that mean the same thing?

I stayed there 4 years ago and It wasn't that bad. I just drove past it 2 weeks ago and it was having work done on the facade, most likely repairs from the hurricane a few months ago. There's a lot of construction going on all around the place and I'm sure this place will see the wrecking ball soon for a new condo. It's way up past Sunny Isles at the end of the Lehman Causeway to Aventura. Best thing about it is only about 15 blocks to the Rascal House at 171st and Collins, although I was shocked to see they lost their classic sign to the hurricane.

I've seen reviews both good and bad...what do you mean by dismal? I'd like to find out from someone firsthand what it's like recently...are the beds & bathrooms clean? that's all we really need...

and it wasn't charging $69 with full knowledge upfront...it was a mystery price...found out afterwards. kind of like priceline... so I guess I disagree with the statement price-wise...if the sofitel miami accepts a priceline $70 bid for the same night 3/31, does that mean the same thing?

Then by all means stay there if you don't want to believe my experience and that isn't the Sofitel Miami but the Sofitel Airport. Big difference.

Okay.

Horrible carpeting that I'm sure had never been cleaned and it was at least 15 years old. Nasty bathrooms. Dirty tub and toliet. Not just scum in the tub but hair.

When I pulled back the comforter the sheets had obviously not been changed. The bed made but no change of sheets.

Having been in the hotel business for years, I am very tolerant and probably moreso than most. This however was beyond the pale.

Archived