Silhouette around Britain staycruisecations

Thameside

2 minutes ago, iandjm said:

Im so annoyed it is costing me £95 more than celebrity will pay me back to get a reliable results back in 24 hours test only to find out it doesn’t really matter as they will test you in port if it’s necessary.  It’s also costing me a valuable days holiday from work to get the test 🤬

Not sure they are saying that - there saying if your free Eurofins one hasnt worked in time

So it looks like everyone who takes the supplied Eurofins now gets a get out of jail free card if it doesnt work in time - but if you go solo for a a test your a bit on your own.. I think I'll still keep the Boots one booked as an option as the Eurofins one is in the next town in a tiny travel agent - not sure if there opening hours will suit

Edited by ighten

It is also not clear what would happen in this scenario:

1. You go for your Eurofins test

2. Test does not come back by the time you board

3. You are tested in port - negative

4. Eurofins test then comes back positive once you have boarded.

What then?  

Hopefully it won't happen, but it certainly could. (Could be a false positive Eurofins or a false negative port test.)

Equally worrying - you travel to the port (for us, that is a 7-10 hour round trip depending on traffic, plus an overnight hotel stay). Your results haven't come to you but X have them and advise you they are positive or inconclusive at the port. Wasted trip, potentially infecting others.

Insurance/cruise with confidence covers your cruise, but you lose out on your overnight stay and travel to the port (almost certainly).

I do hope these are only teething problems and that they get them sorted soon!!

Certainly it is causing people a lot of stress. Can see on FB this morning there are some due to board today who say they have not got their results yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iandjm said:

Im so annoyed it is costing me £95 more than celebrity will pay me back to get a reliable results back in 24 hours test only to find out it doesn’t really matter as they will test you in port if it’s necessary.  It’s also costing me a valuable days holiday from work to get the test 🤬

I'm not sure that's correct. Celebrity have offered to test in port those passengers on today's sailing whose Eurofin results have gone missing. I don't think it's a general "turn up without a test and we will test you".

My results are still missing, so I expect a few hours hanging around the dock in secondary screening later. Not the way I wanted to start my holiday.

Edited by Nick&Simon
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Nick&Simon said:

I'm not sure that's correct. Celebrity have offered to test in port those passengers on today's sailing whose Eurofin results have gone missing. I don't think it's a general "turn up without a test and we will test you".

My results are still missing, so I expect a few hours hanging around the dock in secondary screening later. Not the way I wanted to start my holiday.

Hopefully they will have your results waiting for you and you won’t have to retest. Fingers crossed 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, iandjm said:

It’s so annoying that there are no locations on the south coast. You would think they would have a location in Southampton or Portsmouth.  I guess they do have one in Southampton in the port, sadly we are not allowed to use it though. 

I have booked a back up test with Eurofins and there is a testing station place in Southampton - Solent Hotel. We are on the 17th July sailing and booked the test on the 15th.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 38anchor said:

I have booked a back up test with Eurofins and there is a testing station place in Southampton - Solent Hotel. We are on the 17th July sailing and booked the test on the 15th.

Not quite Southampton,  Thats Fareham 13 miles from Southampton. Not Eurofins but there is a test centre in West Quay Shopping Centre, Southampton

https://www.theregenerativeclinic.co.uk/southampton-covid-19-pcr-testing-same-day-and-next-day-covid-19-pcr-service/

Edited by LifeonMars

7 minutes ago, LifeonMars said:

Not quite Southampton,  Thats Fareham 13 miles from Southampton.

True, but if anyone if looking for somewhere then this is the closest which is why I wanted to share and I don't believe it is listed on the document which is being shared of the test sites.

Edited by 38anchor
  • Thanks 1

A few surprises from Silhouette so far. No Concierge boarding day lunch. No water in the mini bar. Everything else so far is as you would expect.

Only small gripes would be the bar snacks in Craft Social were off, as was the burger bun in MastBar.

The bar seat rules at MastBar were silly. You can sit at the bar, but must face away from the bar and can't put your glass on the bar.

Wifi is as bad as ever.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Nick&Simon said:

A few surprises from Silhouette so far. No Concierge boarding day lunch. No water in the mini bar. Everything else so far is as you would expect.

Only small gripes would be the bar snacks in Craft Social were off, as was the burger bun in MastBar.

The bar seat rules at MastBar were silly. You can sit at the bar, but must face away from the bar and can't put your glass on the bar.

Wifi is as bad as ever.

Someone said that the concierge lunch was moved to tomorrow but wouldn’t that then be a normal sea day lunch in the dining room? 

17 minutes ago, isdoo said:

I thought they had streaming speeds now? 

It's so slow I can't even get a speed check reading. Maybe (and I have no idea if this is the case) the paid internet is streaming speed and the AI is snails pace?

There was no mention of mini-bar drinks in the Drinks & More letter. I'll need to check on that.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Nick&Simon said:

I take it you got your results ok once you got to the terminal.  Hope it didn't cause too much stress.

4 hours ago, Nick&Simon said:

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, lovetoholiday said:

I take it you got your results ok once you got to the terminal.  Hope it didn't cause too much stress.

Eurofins had a testing station set up at the terminal, it was probably 45 minutes extra delay. 

They didn't allow priory boarding for Concierge. At least they didn't for us.

1 hour ago, Nick&Simon said:

Wifi is as bad as ever.

Glad you’re enjoying it 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Nick&Simon said:

Eurofins had a testing station set up at the terminal, it was probably 45 minutes extra delay. 

BUT, was that a lateral flow test?
If so , were your results through before you boarded?
It’s my understanding, that PCR tests have to go to a lab, so if you were given a PCR test, you have been allowed to board with no test results!😱

• Like 1

1 hour ago, upwarduk said:

BUT, was that a lateral flow test?
If so , were your results through before you boarded?
It’s my understanding, that PCR tests have to go to a lab, so if you were given a PCR test, you have been allowed to board with no test results!😱

You can do a PCR test with a portable lab - takes 30mins or so and sort of conveyrbelt xray spinner thingy - to be technical (NOT) 🙂 - Its not suitable for en masse though

• Like 1

Delighted to see the ship sail tonight! Hope you all have a wonderful cruise,  we are booked for the 17th July. I would really appreciate it if some of you on board this week could answer a few questions…..

Was there the usual one chic night, and did people dress up much?

How much did the experience differ from a cruise “pre covid“ ?

Were there quizzes on board, and were passengers allowed to form teams as usual?

Thank you, Gill

10 hours ago, Gilllizzie said:

Delighted to see the ship sail tonight! Hope you all have a wonderful cruise,  we are booked for the 17th July. I would really appreciate it if some of you on board this week could answer a few questions…..

Was there the usual one chic night, and did people dress up much?

How much did the experience differ from a cruise “pre covid“ ?

Were there quizzes on board, and were passengers allowed to form teams as usual?

Thank you, Gill

There was a quiz scheduled for 7pm in Craft Social last night. No-one turned up (or to be more precise, no one wanted to join) so it was cancelled. I have seen a couple of tables of more than 6 people, although I don't think it is officially allowed.

Big scoop for me is that you can sit at the bar outside Murano, and you can order via the bar man, however a server has to bring the drink to you. 

Max four people to a lift with X on the floor to tell you where to stand.

I have seen quite a few people with visors rather than face masks.

I would describe service as amazingly willing, but rusty. For example I asked for a Heineken in Craft Social and the waiter just didn't understand, I ended up with some hoppy ale. My room steward is unable to bring me sparkling water. He has brought champagne, instead  he has brought tonic, but water with gas he can't do. 

My only real gripe (anything else being a niggle) is the AI wifi. It's unusable for anything other than the Celebrity App and the odd message on Whatsapp. You can't browse this site for example, you can't send a picture on whatsapp. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I would just like to start by saying that considering this is their first UK staycation on board the Silhouette, Celebrity have been doing everything possible to make everyone feel very special and thanking them for sailing with them. Yes of course there have been a few niggles but nothing compared to welcome we received and the staffs eagerness to please. It was little bit trial and error getting all of our documents and certificates entered into their iPads, but this was the first for all of them and they did their best and we started boarding on time. With only about 1000 guests, the ship is fairly quiet, just how I like it, but service so far has been very good. In Dover this morning looking over the white cliffs and the ferry terminals. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Thameside said:

In Dover this morning looking over the white cliffs and the ferry terminals. 

Do you have to take a ship’s tour to get off the ship?

P.S

Is every passenger wearing a wrist ‘tracelet?’

We were sent an update yesterday, detailing what had to be taken to the pier for embarkation, but there was no mention of it. It was also taken off the web site on the June 30 th Health & Safety update.

Edited by upwarduk