Silhouette around Britain staycruisecations

Thameside

3 hours ago, Wichenford Wolf said:

When drinking wine, my wife Karen can only drink organic wines. Can anyone on board - or anybody else who might know - tell me if the wine list contains a few organic wines please?

Otherwise she’ll be sticking to expensive cocktails 🍹😳

Paul

We will try and ask a somelier tonight

3 hours ago, Wichenford Wolf said:

When drinking wine, my wife Karen can only drink organic wines. Can anyone on board - or anybody else who might know - tell me if the wine list contains a few organic wines please?

Otherwise she’ll be sticking to expensive cocktails 🍹😳

Paul

Hi Paul, I don't recall any of the standard wines available in the bars that are on the basic or premium package being labelled as Organic. You may get an Organic wine in the MDR, but it is likely to be expensive or only available by the bottle.

The Celebrity website has been updated re. going ashore independently: https://www.celebritycruises.com/gb/healthy-at-sea/uk-travel-requirements

It now says:

As of Aug 7th, 2021, all vaccinated guests will be permitted to go ashore independently in all UK ports of call.  All unvaccinated guests and families with unvaccinated children may only go ashore if participating in an excursion provided by Celebrity Cruises.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Tipsy252 said:

Hi Paul, I don't recall any of the standard wines available in the bars that are on the basic or premium package being labelled as Organic. You may get an Organic wine in the MDR, but it is likely to be expensive or only available by the bottle.

Thanks for your reply.

Even if we have a drinks package, we have often bought a bottle each (assuming can find an organic wine she fancies) and drunk them over a couple of nights. I think we do get some sort of discount on the advertised bottle price.

12 minutes ago, woodards said:

PCR Test booked for our 4th September sailing.....all very slick so far. Some very random test locations, closest for us is 50 min drive away in a small market town!

We received email on Sunday (8th) for our 28th Aug cruise. Our local Eurofins test centre was not listed and the closest was over 50 miles away. Called Eurofins customer service who I have to say we’re absolutely brilliant and they were able to book me and other half in at the local site (3 miles) for 25th August. If not sure give them a ring or email. Very helpful.

3 hours ago, scottie920 said:

We received email on Sunday (8th) for our 28th Aug cruise. Our local Eurofins test centre was not listed and the closest was over 50 miles away. Called Eurofins customer service who I have to say we’re absolutely brilliant and they were able to book me and other half in at the local site (3 miles) for 25th August. If not sure give them a ring or email. Very helpful.

Nothing showing on there map that is any closer. Will try calling to check. 

Hello everyone and to those getting tested today, good luck and fingers crossed.  I hate to ask a question that has probably been asked and answered many times over,  but this is my first Celebrity cruise and I wanted to check on plugs and charging options for iPhones.  Are there ubs charge points in the cabins or do I need the American plug socket?   Thanks in advance.  

8 minutes ago, mcw said:

Hello everyone and to those getting tested today, good luck and fingers crossed.  I hate to ask a question that has probably been asked and answered many times over,  but this is my first Celebrity cruise and I wanted to check on plugs and charging options for iPhones.  Are there ubs charge points in the cabins or do I need the American plug socket?   Thanks in advance.  

No USB ports, 2 US sockets (110V) and 1 European socket (220V) - all on the desk opposite the bed.

12 minutes ago, mcw said:

USB on most of the TVs. 

Depending upon the cabin there may be UK sockets 

All cabins have USA and European sockets. 

However, I would still take adapters. 

There are two USA sockets and one European socket which had the kettle pulled into it. They are all next to each other on top of the dressing table with the mirror in our stand balcony cabin (9268).

Edited by Esprit

Just in case anyone is going for Eurofins testing at Birmingham Business Park, the address is 2010 The Crescent but the building is actually in Solihull Parkway on the edge of the Crescent.  It is shown as Miso and no Mention of Eurofins so tricky to see off the main road.  It's obviously rented office space.

Hopefully this will help someone find it a little easier. 

2 hours ago, barbette165 said:

No USB ports, 2 US sockets (110V) and 1 European socket (220V) - all on the desk opposite the bed.

When we thought we had forgotten our adapter, our stateroom attendant started to tell us that if you left a deposit, you could borrow one from Guest Relations desk.  At that moment we found our own.  

5 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

When we thought we had forgotten our adapter, our stateroom attendant started to tell us that if you left a deposit, you could borrow one from Guest Relations desk.  At that moment we found our own.  

$50 I believe.