Silhouette around Britain staycruisecations

Thameside

12 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

Thank you all.  Do Celebrity ever put in extra trips if everything is over subscribed?  Seems very little left in some places,

Yes, I was unable to book one of our trips in May when they were on Sale.

I came bookable  again in mid July, which made me think we would indeed. be allowed in to Scotland.

9 hours ago, MAT1 said:

I am booked on the Giant’s Causeway tour which i notice is 6 hours long. Can anyone who has been on the tour advise whether any food or refreshments are offered on the trip?

Hi, we went on the trip and was able to buy food and drink at the Causeway onsite Cafe.

16 hours ago, maryann2 said:

Lily of the valley??

I’ve got out my Garden plants book and think it’s Campanula- Bellflower. The season is correct too, Summer. The other suggestions were Winter & Spring.

Thanks everyone. It would have been helpful if the gardeners at Cawdor Castle had named their plants, as quite a few passengers asked.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, maherp said:

Hi, we went on the trip and was able to buy food and drink at the Causeway onsite Cafe.

10 hours ago, MAT1 said:

I am booked on the Giant’s Causeway tour which i notice is 6 hours long. Can anyone who has been on the tour advise whether any food or refreshments are offered on the trip?

When I went last week there was standing room only in the cafe and a long wait of about 20 minutes for hot drinks and snacks.

15 minutes ago, rachiem said:

We've booked the Skara Brae tour for the 18th Sept sailing.

It's not showing at all on the options now (not even as fully booked)...do you think it's been cancelled as I know there are restrictions to the site?

The only restrictions were half of our bus were allowed off to use the toilets and 5 minutes later the remainder. 

2D8EE2BA-BDCA-4AD7-B8D7-7477E8CC3214.jpeg

0A648E96-5459-4518-95B7-C45E3DBC7C54.jpeg

190317E6-D171-42DA-9C88-23E785D77412.jpeg

22C83331-D2BF-4241-9DB0-EA44647F2D7A.jpeg

4270F9F3-5FE7-46ED-8418-22EEDD3D3B1B.jpeg

32 minutes ago, rachiem said:

We've booked the Skara Brae tour for the 18th Sept sailing.

It's not showing at all on the options now (not even as fully booked)...do you think it's been cancelled as I know there are restrictions to the site?

Take some extra layers with you. The site is exposed to the winds, it can be very cold even in summer months. Well worth it though, an amazing place to visit.

Tell us if you see the ghosts at Skaill House.

• Like 1

Face coverings are still mandatory in Scotland and yesterday we were informed of a new (I believe) change.  

‘The only face masks recognised by Port Health are the KN95 or surgical masks …..’  These will be issued to us at the gangway.  That’s in addition to the Health questionnaire.

57 minutes ago, laslomas said:

That is also my question. Interested to know how much the 'bubble' remains in a bubble. Otherwise, what's the point?

Despite the tour guide guide giving out a celebrity warning that people that break the tour bubble may not be allowed back on we were allowed to shop and go into the cafe in the visitors centre with visitors from other celebrity tour coaches and people just visiting.  We were though allowed to avoid what was quite a long Q to get in.

1 hour ago, laslomas said:

That is also my question. Interested to know how much the 'bubble' remains in a bubble. Otherwise, what's the point?

I think the question should be ‘what was the point?’ since everyone is now free to go ashore by themselves, masked of course.  I confess to having been happier when the ‘bubbles’ were in place. I do go out and about at home (with as much care as possible) but on a ship, this disturbs me a little.

34 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

I think the question should be ‘what was the point?’ since everyone is now free to go ashore by themselves, masked of course.  I confess to having been happier when the ‘bubbles’ were in place. I do go out and about at home (with as much care as possible) but on a ship, this disturbs me a little.

Not in Northern Ireland due to the high infection rates, ship tours only but the bubble concept isn't working at the Giants Causeway Visitor Centre and the Titanic Museum in Belfast, maybe other places - who knows? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UKWLDCruise said:

Despite the tour guide guide giving out a celebrity warning that people that break the tour bubble may not be allowed back on we were allowed to shop and go into the cafe in the visitors centre with visitors from other celebrity tour coaches and people just visiting.  We were though allowed to avoid what was quite a long Q to get in.

Hello,

On my July excursion to Cawdor Castle, we were read a long list of T&Cs for the trip. We were NOT allowed in the castle's cafe nor to peruse items in the gift shop.

But we were not on an exclusive tour of the castle and got very close to other visitors in cramped room/cellars. All pretty pointless if you ask me.

Regards,

Cublet

2 hours ago, mrsgoggins said:

Face coverings are still mandatory in Scotland and yesterday we were informed of a new (I believe) change.  

‘The only face masks recognised by Port Health are the KN95 or surgical masks …..’  These will be issued to us at the gangway.  That’s in addition to the Health questionnaire.

They are mandatory in Scotland indoors and on transport etc but not when outdoors in the fresh air.

I haven’t seen anything new about masks, did you get an email?

1 minute ago, Eglesbrech said:

They are mandatory in Scotland indoors and on transport etc but not when outdoors in the fresh air.

The CD announced it in the theatre yesterday and made it sound like it was a change - that is, the KN95 mask - and there was a note about it in our rooms last night. It also mentions that face shields are not considered a face covering.  Says nothing about outdoors, but that would make sense if it wasn’t a requirement then.

1 minute ago, mrsgoggins said:

The CD announced it in the theatre yesterday and made it sound like it was a change - that is, the KN95 mask - and there was a note about it in our rooms last night. It also mentions that face shields are not considered a face covering.  Says nothing about outdoors, but that would make sense if it wasn’t a requirement then.

Face shields have not  been allowed in Scotland since about the third week of the pandemic, you have always had to wear a close fitting face covering but it did not specify KN95 which most people don’t use.

While many use surgical masks just as many use reusable boil wash cloth face coverings, including the first minister so they are perfectly legal. Seems strange that the port is being so very specific.

Enjoy your cruise.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

We were on last weeks sailing and were told the evening before about the masks that were required by port authorities in Scotland. The special masks were provided by the ship as we left the ship there.

On 8/22/2021 at 8:49 AM, upwarduk said:

It was a promotion when we booked! 
Later they were advertising free parking, but we missed out on that, as we had booked too early, 30/04/21.

Thank you.  I contacted Captains Club, who confirmed that we had indeed been credited with double points (48).  It’s not easy, is it, to find out all these little fringe-benefits.  Someone earlier had posted about Matt’s Planet, on YouTube - I’ve found his blog quite forensic in it’s comparisons.  Very helpful. 😊