Be nice to hear some "New" info on upcoming cruises before the Holiday wouldn't it from Royal Caribbean?

Or is it just another 4 days blown, sure won't hear anything new Saturday. Sunday or Monday will we?

At this point, July is shot. August not looking much better...........Sounds like September start or later now.

What is everyone else's feeling?

Anyone have another kind of vacation planned for this summer?

We are going to Mytle Beach for a week.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 4

I am feeling taken for granted as a loyal customer. My july 17th cruise is 50 days away and no word at all and it is looking increasingly unlikely that it will happen because with every day passing the logistics dont line up especially since the ship i was going on, Symphony is sitting in Cadiz Spain right now.

VERY poor customer service from Royal. Its past time for them to announce their July plans for sailings in that month. 

• Like 4

This has been the most frustrating point.  They almost do not care that without any notification we can make alternative plans.  It is becoming almost impossible to book hotels and other vacation alternatives without knowing if the cruise will be a go or no go.  Agree that their customer service is extremely poor and they seem to give the same answer.  They keep telling the do not know anything additional.  It almost looks like they want to keep our money until the last moment.  Our cruise is on July 3rd and we are 36 days out, but not to give any guidance either way has been infuriating.

This trip was for my son's graduation and I would like to plan something before he heads off to college.  Our original cruise was changed to the Independence of the Seas and the itinerary is very favoring.  

I sent an email to the office of the CEO and was given the same answer.  I wish they would step up and cancel or tell us we are going.  This type of no comment will hurt their customer satisfaction, but at this point I am not sure they care.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, yanks23 said:

This has been the most frustrating point.  They almost do not care that without any notification we can make alternative plans.  It is becoming almost impossible to book hotels and other vacation alternatives without knowing if the cruise will be a go or no go.  Agree that their customer service is extremely poor and they seem to give the same answer.  They keep telling the do not know anything additional.  It almost looks like they want to keep our money until the last moment.  Our cruise is on July 3rd and we are 36 days out, but not to give any guidance either way has been infuriating.

This trip was for my son's graduation and I would like to plan something before he heads off to college.  Our original cruise was changed to the Independence of the Seas and the itinerary is very favoring.  

I sent an email to the office of the CEO and was given the same answer.  I wish they would step up and cancel or tell us we are going.  This type of no comment will hurt their customer satisfaction, but at this point I am not sure they care.

I feel really bad for you, is your ship at least close where you would be departing from?

25 minutes ago, yanks23 said:

Is the Yanks23 for Mattingly or just a number ?

I know somebody who played for the Yankees in the 60’s.

My nearest cruise isn’t until January. 

But oh my, I feel so bad for you August and July groups. I would be irate if I were you. Going on 4 weeks of “We’ll have news next week” with no new news. 

• Like 5

Carnival has some good news for their customers: 

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/25122-carnival-cruise-line-gets-go-ahead-to-sail-from-miami-galveston-and-port-canaveral.html  

We had been sailing exclusively on Royal for about a year (until the pandemic struck) but a couple of months ago, Carnival started sending a few comped cruise offers to hubby. He just received one yesterday for July and August sailings, and we booked a 7-night cruise for July 17 out of Galveston. Lo and behold, Carnival receives the go-ahead from the CDC to sail in July out of Galveston, Miami, and Port Canaveral TODAY.

I am hoping that we hear big and happy news about Royal's upcoming cruises very soon!

Edited by sushitex

4 minutes ago, sushitex said:

Carnival has some good news for their customers: 

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/25122-carnival-cruise-line-gets-go-ahead-to-sail-from-miami-galveston-and-port-canaveral.html  

We had been sailing exclusively on Royal for about a year (until the pandemic struck) but a couple of months ago, Carnival started sending a few comped cruise offers to hubby. We just received one yesterday for July and August sailings, and we booked a 7-night cruise for July 17 out of Galveston. Lo and behold, Carnival receives the go-ahead from the CDC to sail in July out of Galveston, Miami, and Port Canaveral TODAY.

I am hoping that we hear big and happy news about Royal's upcoming cruises very soon!

This announcement just catches Carnival up to where Royal has been for the last week or so. 
Now they get to navigate the test cruises process as well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yanks23 said:

I am booked on Mariner July 23 for my sons graduation as well. Not looking good but thinking of just flying to Bahamas. 

46 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

This announcement just catches Carnival up to where Royal has been for the last week or so. 
Now they get to navigate the test cruises process as well. 

But Carnival already canceled all July cruises except 3 ships. They at least have a plan. There is no way RCL is sailing every ship and the only one we know is approved isn’t even located in its home port. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Is the Yanks23 for Mattingly or just a number ?

I know somebody who played for the Yankees in the 60’s.

Yes for Donnie Baseball. I loved the way he hustled.  All of today’s players should take a page on him.

40 minutes ago, leisuretraveler223 said:

The painfully disjointed grammar in the subject of this thread is excruciating.

Have you been elected proof reader for Cruisecritic? I will try better next time.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, leisuretraveler223 said:

The painfully disjointed grammar in the subject of this thread is excruciating.

There’s also one or two that resort to street language. 🙄 Some people think it makes them look cool. It doesn’t, it just makes them look like they don’t know how to speak.

Edited by ReneeFLL

4 hours ago, yanks23 said:

It is close. Departs from Miami which is about 4 hours.  

I know everyone has their reasons for wanting to cruise, and I hope y’all get to. Going off to college is an exciting time and unfortunately it means he will have less time with family.

3 hours ago, molly361 said:

Well I thought yesterday would be the day for the latest cancellations.  Shows you what I know  NOTHING!!!😇

Yup, another wasted extended weekend. Leaving people in the dark about their vacations. Just isn't right, maybe they don't know exactly what ever ship is doing but they sure should know by now which ones are definitely a "NO" go.

• Like 5

"OMG!!!!!!!!!!! I can check in for my August Cruise... but the app is still very glitchy."

This was posted yesterday from Mauraoel on my Allure thread...

We will make final June 14th for ours....and are ready for checkin on the app

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 1