Be nice to hear some "New" info on upcoming cruises before the Holiday wouldn't it from Royal Caribbean?

I don't know what you are all expecting.  Now that they have to run test sailings because they decided to not sail fully vaccinated that just prolongs things and adds an additional step. If you look at the history from the past 15 months you know that Royal isn't the first out of the gate to cancel. Also don't expect a refund for several months that will be paid back in installments.  If you are waiting for the refund to pay for a replacement vacation you are pretty much screwed. It's a damn shame but I wouldn't expect a decision anytime soon based on past performance.

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

I don't know what you are all expecting.  Now that they have to run test sailings because they decided to not sail fully vaccinated that just prolongs things and adds an additional step. If you look at the history from the past 15 months you know that Royal isn't the first out of the gate to cancel. Also don't expect a refund for several months that will be paid back in installments.  If you are waiting for the refund to pay for a replacement vacation you are pretty much screwed. It's a damn shame but I wouldn't expect a decision anytime soon based on past performance.

I think people would like more than 30 days notice which up until now they have been given

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I think people would like more than 30 days notice which up until now they have been given

Now that they have the go ahead to sail don't be surprised if you don't get canceled until you pull up to port to check in. They are going to hang on for as long as they can. As long as Ron has his pen out he should pass a law to prevent cruise lines from doing this very thing.

Edited by Iamcruzin

1 minute ago, Iamcruzin said:

Now that they have the go ahead to sail don't be surprised if you don't get canceled when you pull up to port to check in. They are going to hang on for as long as they can. As long as Ron has his pen out he should pass a law to prevent cruise lines from doing this very thing.

Exactly. 
If they cancel less than 90 days out, refunds must be returned in less than 10 business days. 

• Like 1

Just now, Iamcruzin said:

Wow I didn't know that.

I was replying to a post “that DeSantis should get his pen out”. 
I THINK that a law should be written that if they cancel less than 90 days out, refunds should be returned in less than 10 business days. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Now that they have the go ahead to sail don't be surprised if you don't get canceled until you pull up to port to check in. They are going to hang on for as long as they can. As long as Ron has his pen out he should pass a law to prevent cruise lines from doing this very thing.

image.jpeg.0c3f12cdd45a401064a70b81d90bb0f7.jpeg

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, BecciBoo said:

"OMG!!!!!!!!!!! I can check in for my August Cruise... but the app is still very glitchy."

This was posted yesterday from Mauraoel on my Allure thread...

We will make final June 14th for ours....and are ready for checkin on the app

Which sailing? 

19 hours ago, yanks23 said:

This has been the most frustrating point.  They almost do not care that without any notification we can make alternative plans.  It is becoming almost impossible to book hotels and other vacation alternatives without knowing if the cruise will be a go or no go.  Agree that their customer service is extremely poor and they seem to give the same answer.  They keep telling the do not know anything additional.  It almost looks like they want to keep our money until the last moment.  Our cruise is on July 3rd and we are 36 days out, but not to give any guidance either way has been infuriating.

This trip was for my son's graduation and I would like to plan something before he heads off to college.  Our original cruise was changed to the Independence of the Seas and the itinerary is very favoring.  

I sent an email to the office of the CEO and was given the same answer.  I wish they would step up and cancel or tell us we are going.  This type of no comment will hurt their customer satisfaction, but at this point I am not sure they care.

Ours is July 1st!  It is for our 20th wedding anniversary & so we really do not want to cancel.  But it is coming up so soon & no word yet!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, yanks23 said:

Yes for Donnie Baseball. I loved the way he hustled.  All of today’s players should take a page on him.

Our neighbors oldest daughter, who is in Kindergarten, her name is Mattingly, as the Dad is a big fan!  Cute name I thought & unusual.

Yeah, this reminds me of "don't assume malice what you can blame on ignorance". In this case I feel Royal and all the pure play cruise lines are juggling a LOT of variables here as things are changing almost daily. Putting myself in their shows, hemorrhaging cash for 14 months now, things with CDC are clear as mud, with s swing of the pen you can kiss goodbye a month's worth of desperately needed revenue. So in their position I would pretty much the same as they are doing right now. Wait until the last reasonable moment before cancelling. Would not be surprised, going forward, if they have to cancel, they'll do it on a 2-week basis instead of whole month.

For us, the passengers, this fog of war sucks a lot in many respects: do we reserve shoreX now or wait until confirmed? Those who have to fly to port even more complicated whether they need to rebook to a later date. Those with tight schedules due to kid's school even harder decision. BUT, I empathize with Royal with the situation here.

• Like 2

Yes, we are sailing (hoping to sail) on July 1st from Baltimore & nothing! 

Firstly it is Baltimore & heard nothing about Baltimore so far.
Secondly it is 9 days Bermuda & not hearing good things about 9 day cruises.

Lastly, it is our 20th wedding anniversary on July 6th, so really want to go!

I did see it was meant to be 3 days in Bermuda & they took one Bermuda day out & added Nassau in, which is fine.

Have a dogsitter & catsitter lined up too.  Just wish we knew either way, but hoping for the best still!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, coldflame said:

Yeah, this reminds me of "don't assume malice what you can blame on ignorance". In this case I feel Royal and all the pure play cruise lines are juggling a LOT of variables here as things are changing almost daily. Putting myself in their shows, hemorrhaging cash for 14 months now, things with CDC are clear as mud, with s swing of the pen you can kiss goodbye a month's worth of desperately needed revenue. So in their position I would pretty much the same as they are doing right now. Wait until the last reasonable moment before cancelling. Would not be surprised, going forward, if they have to cancel, they'll do it on a 2-week basis instead of whole month.

For us, the passengers, this fog of war sucks a lot in many respects: do we reserve shoreX now or wait until confirmed? Those who have to fly to port even more complicated whether they need to rebook to a later date. Those with tight schedules due to kid's school even harder decision. BUT, I empathize with Royal with the situation here.

I agree even if you booked a year ago at some point it's time to throw in the towel under CWC offer if you can't wait for the cancelation in order to make other plans. It sounds like ships will be sailing but are we really any further along physically? It's not going to happen until it happens and anyone who booked knew it was a crap shoot. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Iamcruzin said:

I agree even if you booked a year ago at some point it's time to throw in the towel under CWC offer if you can't wait for the cancelation in order to make other plans. It sounds like ships will be sailing but are we really any further along physically? It's not going to happen until it happens and anyone who booked knew it was a crap shoot. 

Indeed. If I had a cruise booked for July, I personally would 100% make use of CWC right now -- the uncertainty isn't worth it. Because even if they manage to get the go-ahead with certain approved ships, the scramble to get all ducks in a row is going to be an epic logistical challenge. 

1 minute ago, coldflame said:

Indeed. If I had a cruise booked for July, I personally would 100% make use of CWC right now -- the uncertainty isn't worth it. Because even if they manage to get the go-ahead with certain approved ships, the scramble to get all ducks in a row is going to be an epic logistical challenge. 

Embarkation day can be a disaster on a good day. I can't imagine what it would be like for the first ship going out now. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Thenagers said:

Which sailing? 

She said her August Adventure sailing and she paid final on May 9th.

August 7th from Nassau  ...she posted to her M&M:

Check in is available!!! WooHoo!!! Will one of you let me know if you are successful with the App? I can see part of the check in page but i get and error Oops something went wrong, 

So maybe this doesn't even apply to US discussion.

Edited by BecciBoo

3 hours ago, coldflame said:

I am waiting them out on my July sailing; I want a refund, not a FCC

10 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

The issue with some though, these July sailings are from people who lifted and shifted to July 2021 that are protecting really low prices and if they just cancel themselves now all they get is a FCC equal to what they paid toward a future cruise. 

The reason they are holding out is they are hoping they can lift and shift again to 2022 and protect their low prices.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

The issue with some though, these July sailings are from people who lifted and shifted to July 2021 that are protecting really low prices and if they just cancel themselves now all they get is a FCC equal to what they paid toward a future cruise. 

The reason they are holding out is they are hoping they can lift and shift again to 2022 and protect their low prices.

So the price to pay is to eat the cost of the flights, and hotels this year  in hopes that you can lift and shift your low cruise rate into next year if that's even going to be possible. It sounds like you are paying out of your left pocket and your right pocket.