St Thomas to Jost Van Dyke Excursion?

What are your port times?

Most charters that work with day visitors are smaller powerboat operators, and some of the names I know are not showing up, at least yet. So I would pose this question on the TripAdvisor STT forum to get the most current feedback since there have been no cruises for some time.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g147404-i172-St_Thomas_U_S_Virgin_Islands.html

Also, take a look on the ***** site, specifically under St Thomas/St Thomas Activities Guide/BVI Day Trips, there are 3 outfits advertised there...
the link will not work here so just go to the VINow site...

https://www.*****/stthomas/activities/sailing/

And check out New Horizons out of Sapphire Marina, they were offering day trips for day visitors to the Baths, Sandy Spit and Jost pre-pandemic...

• 4 weeks later...

To get any quality time at all at JVD, you are going to need to book a private charter that can meet you as soon as you get off of the boat in St. Thomas.  You are going to have to pass customs both ways (into BVI and then back into USVI) and this can take a lot of time.  Also, leaving the BVI now will cost you some good $$$ too on their "departure tax."

Yes the charters found on the VINow dot com site (sorry about the link above, forgot that isn’t an option here) are primarily private, although some will help coordinate a charter with another couple or two if you are trying to keep the cost down. 

The ferry is not yet running (check that later in the year), but Dolphin water taxi that departs Red Hook marina at 9AM is one non-private option starting August 1. Cost is $210/pp…

https://www.dolphinshuttle.com/jost-van-dyke-day-trip

• 2 weeks later...

Yes as Bill mentioned the BVI opened to fully-vaccinated USVI ferry passengers who are required to present the following upon arrival:

Negative COVID-19 test taken within 5 days

Evidence of full vaccination

BVI Gateway Certificate ($35/pp)

However, COVID-19 cases have been spiking drastically over the last week, jumping from 41 active cases to 480 active cases and 793 positive cases as of July 5. Many are residents and many are vaccinated but the details are still forthcoming.

But a curfew and other measures including closures are being implemented, and further restrictions may be forthcoming…

Unless there is a miraculous change you may want to consider a daysail to STJ or a nice beach on STT like Lindqvist…

21 hours ago, FLcruisergrl said:

Travel to the BVI is restricted right now. But when things are back to normal, I can’t recommend Stormy Pirates enough. We were in St Thomas recently and did a sunset sail with them that was simply amazing. 

Thanks for this lead. I have a St Thomas port stop in 2023 that is in port 8AM - 10PM, so I am definitely going to contact them when we get closer and arrange for one of their JVD trips. 

• Like 1