Port fees

Mrsfrz

Port fees are always an estimate when booking. The amount is adjusted up or down on the last night of the cruise. Sometimes you receive a credit, other times an additional charge. I would not expect any adjustment to the port fees until the end of the cruise.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jakers said:

Port fees are always an estimate when booking. The amount is adjusted up or down on the last night of the cruise. Sometimes you receive a credit, other times an additional charge. I would not expect any adjustment to the port fees until the end of the cruise.

Not a disagreement but in some 20+ cruises I have had a number where I have received credit, often some odd number like $6.13 ,  but I do not recollect ever having an additional port fee charge added in.  Credit usually reflects a missed port.  We have had port changes during the trip but no add on fees,, maybe we have just been lucky.  In any event the numbers are generally pretty small.

3 hours ago, wheezedr said:

Not a disagreement but in some 20+ cruises I have had a number where I have received credit, often some odd number like $6.13 ,  but I do not recollect ever having an additional port fee charge added in.  Credit usually reflects a missed port.  We have had port changes during the trip but no add on fees,, maybe we have just been lucky.  In any event the numbers are generally pretty small.

We have had less cruises, but the same experience. (though we never had a missed port; the closest we came was a hurricane in which we made all our ports, but then took 2 extra days to get back to Fort Lauderdale.)

I have had port fees refunded:  2 - for Victoria, BC,  2 - for Key West , and 2 - for HMC.  

Sailing in the Caribbean at the end of hurricane season sometimes brings high winds that are hazardous for ship maneuvering and in each case the Captain made the refund announcements as soon as the not-safe-to-dock decision was made.

It was remarkable how quickly the ship created and distributed "sea day" activities' flyers to each stateroom to fill the missed port days.

9 hours ago, Crew News said:

It was remarkable how quickly the ship created and distributed "sea day" activities' flyers to each stateroom to fill the missed port days.

Our second cruise was our first in the Caribbean, and we had a hurricane. We did not miss any ports, but ended up with 2 extra sea days before being able to disembark in Fort Lauderdale. I have to agree with you about how they did manage to have activities to fill the extra time even manufacturing theater shows at night.