Summit Cruises after Alaska?

They are finished with Alaska on Sept 24th and are scheduled to start out of Miami on Oct 26th.  There is a month window with no scheduled cruises.  I was looking for what it may be doing in that time frame.  I know to cruise out of Miami they will probably go through the Panama Canal, but that is not on the Summit's Itineraries.  

Last week this 2021 deployment listing was published on a Celebrity travel advisors website but later removed.  The same itineraries were also on the Celebrity app but all those shown as new have since disappeared.

1628488857_2021Summitnew.png.c2bdc6bd9ed5ed21146a4e53437f8844.png

I am also following the Summit.  We booked the September 17th sailing and if this September 24th happens will book it too.  We live in Alaska, my husband has worked out of Ketchikan and we have taken end of the season Alaskan itineraries so we fully understand what type of weather we may encounter.  And while we have done six full Panama Canal transits this is a nice itinerary

They will clearly have to get the ship back to Miami which will involve some sort of west coast cruise and then passing through the Panama Canal.  I doubt seriously they want to do this on a non-rev basis.  Since the Alaska cruises were just approved, give them a bit to come up with something.  I've alerted my TA to keep her eyes open.

8 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

They will clearly have to get the ship back to Miami which will involve some sort of west coast cruise and then passing through the Panama Canal.  I doubt seriously they want to do this on a non-rev basis.  Since the Alaska cruises were just approved, give them a bit to come up with something.  I've alerted my TA to keep her eyes open.

From the deployment list which was published then withdrawn my guess is that they have already come up with something but for whatever reason are waiting before making it available to book.  I've seen something about CDC possibly lifting the 7-night restriction but don't know if that's been made official yet, so maybe that's what Celebrity are waiting for.

When I saw the Panama cruise listed I asked my TA about it, who in turn spoke to multiple departments in Celebrity but they all denied any knowledge of it despite the deployment list and it being shown on the app.  Since then all reference to it has disappeared.

I was booked on the 26 Sep 21 Panama cruise, and the coastal before it, on Millennium until they were cancelled when the ship was redeployed to St Martin.  I'd like to do the Summit cruise as a replacement but suspect the prices will be out of my league.

At the time I didn't understand why they redeployed Millennium from the west coast when Summit was already in the Bahamas, closer to St Martin.  And now Summit is moving to the west coast to effectively take over Millennium's Alaska season.  I can't help but think that if they'd moved Summit to St Martin and left Millennium where she was while the Alaska situation was addressed, fewer cruises would have had to be cancelled including those I was booked on.

28 minutes ago, Tigrou said:

From the deployment list which was published then withdrawn my guess is that they have already come up with something but for whatever reason are waiting before making it available to book.  I've seen something about CDC possibly lifting the 7-night restriction but don't know if that's been made official yet, so maybe that's what Celebrity are waiting for.

When I saw the Panama cruise listed I asked my TA about it, who in turn spoke to multiple departments in Celebrity but they all denied any knowledge of it despite the deployment list and it being shown on the app.  Since then all reference to it has disappeared.

I was booked on the 26 Sep 21 Panama cruise, and the coastal before it, on Millennium until they were cancelled when the ship was redeployed to St Martin.  I'd like to do the Summit cruise as a replacement but suspect the prices will be out of my league.

At the time I didn't understand why they redeployed Millennium from the west coast when Summit was already in the Bahamas, closer to St Martin.  And now Summit is moving to the west coast to effectively take over Millennium's Alaska season.  I can't help but think that if they'd moved Summit to St Martin and left Millennium where she was while the Alaska situation was addressed, fewer cruises would have had to be cancelled including those I was booked on.

Sounds like you are a believer in the Millennium / Summit swap theory.

3 hours ago, Tigrou said:

I've seen something about CDC possibly lifting the 7-night restriction but don't know if that's been made official yet, so maybe that's what Celebrity are waiting for.

This may have been what you saw (or something similar):

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/25066-cdc-set-to-approve-itineraries-longer-than-7-days.html

Perhaps there’s also the issue of Mexico, Costa Rica, and Colombia being under U.S. State Department Level-4 Do Not Travel advisories because of Covid, but X already knew that. 

I knew I saw that somewhere regarding the 7 day limit.  It's still in the CSO, but then again I don't know if they have actually been modifying that document.   There is no mention of itinerary limits in the operations manual.  That's the technical instructions which has been revised almost weekly.

18 hours ago, Zigster said:

Beginning in October 4 and 5 day sailings out of Miami.  We're booked on a b2b in December.

We are on the Dec 2 sailing.   Hoping Key West is not canceled and if so, hope for Coco Cay or Labadee. 

2 minutes ago, shipshape sam said:

We are on the Dec 2 sailing.   Hoping Key West is not canceled and if so, hope for Coco Cay or Labadee. 

That's our hope too!

4 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Sounds like you are a believer in the Millennium / Summit swap theory.

Didn't know it existed until you mentioned it but have since seen the thread.

As I said before, I don't understand why they took Millennium over to St Martin in the first place rather than redeploy Summit.  But having done so, I can't see why they'd swap them over again now.  Still, who knows, Celebrity ship deployments are clearly a dark art.