Jump to content

Resumption of cruises announced for Regent. First cruise for you will be?


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, tnr said:

Zqueeze1, hope you have a wonderful crossing.  We’ll be on the Splendor crossing in November.  Wish we all could have been on the same one.   Give our best to TB, John and Karen.   Terri

Sorry we are not all together. It would have been an epic crossing.  We need this cruise so badly and are nervous that something will happen. It has been so long since we have cruised that we I am afraid that Pam will do something to me.  image.thumb.jpeg.0b6395aec27c68a2188d3aa13fec7929.jpeg
 

Take care and be safe. 
Z and TB

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

mj_holiday:

 

As "The Duke" used to say:  Good Lord 'willin and the creek don't rise--

 

We will be Mariner shipmates at Tokyo next April. Olympics, in whatever form the Games finally take, will have been history.  Have used FF miles for the air component.  If this cruise segment does not happen, can get those miles back. This will be our second attempt at Tokyo, as the initial somewhat-similar Explorer 2021 version was canceled. 

 

We will arrive early for the "Vibrant Tokyo" segment.

 

GOARMY!

  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It is our first trip to that part of the world. 
After double checking our booking we are also doing vibrant Tokyo. 
Yes, agree fairly easy to get FF miles or $$back, but if things like embarkation port changes, whatever, I want Regent in the loop with our TA in working changes. 
 

Really looking forward to this cruise. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

mj_holiday:

 

No worries if embarkation Port changes from Tokyo to, say Yokohama.  Our TA advises those doing the "Vibrant" pre-stay will be transported--at Regent's expense--both from their arrival airport; and then post-Vibrant segment to the Mariner wherever it may be. 

 

Of course, this will be double-checked with TA and Regent well-before we depart SEA on a N/S using ANA to Haneda Airport.

 

GOARMY!

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We cancelled twice Navigator to New England/Quebec 9/2020, now 9/2021 and rescheduled to now 9/2022. I know everyone here understands the preparation and anticipation that goes into the planning. On top of that this is our first cruise with Regent. Not looking for any sympathy but three years of waiting to get on the ship (booked in 2019)is a little anti climactic.Thankfully there is an open bar at the end of the wait. Cheers!

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We just booked our first-ever Regent cruise!  Splendor.  January 6, 2022 out of Miami.  A little Caribbean jaunt, basically.  Getting back into cruise mode, Regent-style.  Happy holidays, Happy New Year, Happy Anniversary, here we go, Ana and Herb!!!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/10/2021 at 6:46 AM, tnr said:

Zqueeze1, hope you have a wonderful crossing.  We’ll be on the Splendor crossing in November.  Wish we all could have been on the same one.   Give our best to TB, John and Karen.   Terri

Terri, we will be with you on the Splendor crossing.  Are you boarding in Athens or Barcelona?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So hoping and keeping my fingers crossed that this all starts to calm down and we can go on with our lives.  I am definitely planning on seeing everyone in November.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have never cruised with Regent and was looking at ones for early 2023 when, hopefully, things may be approaching normal. On many of the cruises I have looked at, most suites above ‘Concierge’ appear to be waitlisted? Is this normal? Are they sold out so early or are they being withheld until things have settled down so to speak?

Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, MBP&O2/O said:

I have never cruised with Regent and was looking at ones for early 2023 when, hopefully, things may be approaching normal. On many of the cruises I have looked at, most suites above ‘Concierge’ appear to be waitlisted? Is this normal? Are they sold out so early or are they being withheld until things have settled down so to speak?

Thanks

Hi,

From our experience we’ve noticed this previously but since the cruising suspension it seems to be very noticeable. 
With so many people having taken FCC this has been transferred to the future cruises. We have struggled to get the suite we wanted for 2022 after the 3 cancelled cruises we had. The top suites always seem to be booked first. If you are booking through a TA I would ask them to check that the suites you are interested in booking are not just reserved for a few days while people decide ? 
Jean.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, MBP&O2/O said:

Good thinking … all we need now is a decent TA 🙄

 

Maybe query it with a ‘sales consultant’ at Regent?

We’ve never went directly to Regent as we’ve been using same TA over 20 years but I am sure directly to Regent will give you accurate information too 🤔

Jean .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, liptastic said:

We’ve never went directly to Regent as we’ve been using same TA over 20 years but I am sure directly to Regent will give you accurate information too 🤔

Jean .

The Regent Reps are extremely well-trained and competent...they are the same people that a TA will get 90% of their information from. While a TA has the potential to give you more comprehensive customer service, a TA also has the potential to not know as much as a Regent Rep since that is the source of most of their specific info. Want to be a nice client? Make your initial booking with your favorite Regent Rep then transfer it to your TA.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Pcardad said:

The Regent Reps are extremely well-trained and competent...they are the same people that a TA will get 90% of their information from. While a TA has the potential to give you more comprehensive customer service, a TA also has the potential to not know as much as a Regent Rep since that is the source of most of their specific info. Want to be a nice client? Make your initial booking with your favorite Regent Rep then transfer it to your TA.

We have used a Regent rep on a couple of occasions and the rep was very good at his job. He was very responsive. I sent an email at about 10 pm his time and wasn't expecting nor wanted a reponse until the next day but he did respond immediately. i felt bad for interrupting his evening and was more careful not to send emails outside his normal hours. I then transferred the booking to my TA. i wouldn't hesitate to use a Regent rep. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Pcardad said:

I just cancelled late October and early November.....no desire to be stuck in Turkey. This Delta strain is coming like a freight train.

You are continuing to surprise me; your frustration level continues to expand.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

You are continuing to surprise me; your frustration level continues to expand.

I would call this prudence based on the advice of a doctor friend who runs a large ER in Boston...I think we might have some.bad days ahead. I will let you know if I short NCLH... 🤣

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

2 hours ago, Pcardad said:

I would call this prudence based on the advice of a doctor friend who runs a large ER in Boston...I think we might have some.bad days ahead. I will let you know if I short NCLH... 🤣

 

I agree with the possibility of bad days ahead.  Preventive measures in the USA have been sidetracked by politics. Meanwhile, the Delta strain is currently wreaking havoc by facilitating new infections, and the longer this epidemic continues, the greater the likelihood of another mutation that is even more effective at spreading or more resistant to current vaccines. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: AmaWaterways - Journey Through Europe
      • ICYMI Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with Silversea Cruises
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...