Information from Oceania..

Jancruz

I made notes but they are disjointed so I will give them to you but feel free to ask questions..

Regarding FCC 60% of them are already redeemed and you may not use them for 2023 They are space is limited so book soon..

All Prices on EVERY ship are going up July 1, so book before!

Everyone boarding an Oceania ship will have to have been vaccinated no exceptions

The dining room tables on the ship no longer have to be farther apart so all dinning will hold the same amount of people as usual..

They are waiting to schedule Regatta and Nautica to see what is happing in Australia and Japan thats Regatta and I forgot what Nautica itin they are waiting to see about..

On the new Vista Category A (concierge) and B cabins will be different sizes..

Saw pictures of the cabin and bathroom of cat B looks  really nice

Vista sailings will be open for booking in September 

2023 itins are due in October tho they are going to try to get them out earlier..

La Reserve ..O will be taking reservations before you board..as usual

Lots of new dishes on all menus

At this time there will be testing when you board but (IMHO) that may change as time passes and more people get vaccinated..

If you are on the first sailing of Marina..you will have Bob Binder, President Jacques Pepin and James Rodriguez Sr VP all on board with you..wish I was going..I drive them all crazy..LOL

Jancruz1

Please ask questions and If I can I will be happy to answer..

• Like 14
  • Thanks 10

21 minutes ago, Jancruz said:

They are waiting to schedule Regatta and Nautica to see what is happing in Australia and Japan thats Regatta and I forgot what Nautica itin they are waiting to see about..

I know that no one has the answer to this question yet but I'm wondering what they're going to do with the Tahiti cruises on Regatta in March. That's the next destination after Australia and New Zealand.  French Polynesia is open to cruise ships.  I wonder if they would sail to Tahiti from North America or just scrap it and start with the North American cruises.  We've been waiting to do a South Pacific cruise for years and as much as we'd like to go with Oceania, we would strongly consider a competitor in 2022 if O cancels the itinerary.

Thank you, Jancruz, for the information.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, palakika said:

Thanks for the info.  Any discussion of changes to itinerary for ATW 2022? We're all really curious to see where we're going!

Francie

They are waiting for about 30 to 45 days to make any decision..

Jancruz1

9 minutes ago, sunlover12 said:

I know that no one has the answer to this question yet but I'm wondering what they're going to do with the Tahiti cruises on Regatta in March. That's the next destination after Australia and New Zealand.  French Polynesia is open to cruise ships.  I wonder if they would sail to Tahiti from North America or just scrap it and start with the North American cruises.  We've been waiting to do a South Pacific cruise for years and as much as we'd like to go with Oceania, we would strongly consider a competitor in 2022 if O cancels the itinerary.

Thank you, Jancruz, for the information.

I dont know for positive but I think they will be keeping Tahiti on the schedule..

Jancruz1

• Like 1

I still have lots of doubts about the Marina sailings once she makes it to Miami.  They involve a lot of South America including multiple countries that are essentially closed to tourism with nothing said about cruise ships.  Was anything said about these itineraries beginning in early Dec 2021?

Hank

3 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

I still have lots of doubts about the Marina sailings once she makes it to Miami.  They involve a lot of South America including multiple countries that are essentially closed to tourism with nothing said about cruise ships.  Was anything said about these itineraries beginning in early Dec 2021?

Hank

HiHank..the name of the game is wait and see..she will sail somewhere..hopefully on the itin planned

Jancruz1

2 hours ago, Jancruz said:

HiHank..the name of the game is wait and see..she will sail somewhere..hopefully on the itin planned

Jancruz1

Geez, that is the kind of answer I expect to come from me :).  We would probably be fine with itinerary changes as long as it was the same number of days.  The frustrating issue is dealing with air since we prefer to do Biz Class and "O" is not a good option.  We could get a great deal on air now if we use miles.  If we wait the good deal may not be a good deal.  I suspect you know the drill which is simply maddening in this COVID world.  Like most things in the past year everything becomes a calculated risk.

Hank

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jancruz said:

Capture any screen shots of Vista?  The official preview info has been very enticing, but now more than ever I want stuff to whet my dreams [no pun intended, hah!]

3 hours ago, Jancruz said:

Jancruz1

Thanks for your insight Jancruz1. We are booked on Marina Antarctica cruise in January. Trying to figure whether to cancel now and make other "more likely to sail" cruise plans or whether to wait it out for possible more certain news re where Marina will be cruising next Winter. Regent has already cancelled their So.Am cruises, so I was assuming Oceania would do the same...but maybe not???

Thanks for this info.   Any mention of Nautica and the Oceania Next upgrade?   

Our Nautica cruise starts early March - 4 weeks from Singapore to Tokyo.  Think I heard that the prior cruise itinerary was either changed or cancelled due to ports in Myanmar.   I gather from what you have said that we might know more by August?  

14 hours ago, Jancruz said:

I made notes but they are disjointed so I will give them to you but feel free to ask questions..

Regarding FCC 60% of them are already redeemed and you may not use them for 2023 They are space is limited so book soon..

All Prices on EVERY ship are going up July 1, so book before!

Everyone boarding an Oceania ship will have to have been vaccinated no exceptions

The dining room tables on the ship no longer have to be farther apart so all dinning will hold the same amount of people as usual..

Vista sailings will be open for booking in September 

2023 itins are due in October tho they are going to try to get them out earlier..

La Reserve ..O will be taking reservations before you board..as usual

Lots of new dishes on all menus

At this time there will be testing when you board but (IMHO) that may change as time passes and more people get vaccinated..

If you are on the first sailing of Marina..you will have Bob Binder, President Jacques Pepin and James Rodriguez Sr VP all on board with you..wish I was going..I drive them all crazy..LOL

Jancruz1

Please ask questions and If I can I will be happy to answer..

Thanks for the good info.  Any idea when Marina is going into dry dock for upgrades?  We are looking at Oct/Nov 2022.   Would be nice to know.   Thanks again.   

11 hours ago, Hlitner said:

The frustrating issue is dealing with air since we prefer to do Biz Class and "O" is not a good option.  We could get a great deal on air now if we use miles.  If we wait the good deal may not be a good deal.

Last time I checked (admittedly not in the past few weeks), AA and UA were both allowing cancellation of FF itineraries and reinstatement of miles with no fee or penalty.  I've done it 2-3 times over the past year as situations changed.  Even before COVID, the mileage reinstatement fee was only $150-200 which essentially provided cheap insurance for grabbing a good deal on FF bookings when actual travel was not a certainty.  YMMV, of course.

Edited by DrHemlock

1 hour ago, DrHemlock said:

Last time I checked (admittedly not in the past few weeks), AA and UA were both allowing cancellation of FF itineraries and reinstatement of miles with no fee or penalty.  I've done it 2-3 times over the past year as situations changed.  Even before COVID, the mileage reinstatement fee was only $150-200 which essentially provided cheap insurance for grabbing a good deal on FF bookings when actual travel was not a certainty.  YMMV, of course.

The problem is I need to use a Delta flight :(.  It is hard to keep up with the changing landscape of cancelations and changes but it looks like Delta would charge us $200 to cancel a FF ticket from Peru.  You do have a point about it being reasonable insurance.

Hank

3 hours ago, RJB said:

Thanks for the good info.  Any idea when Marina is going into dry dock for upgrades?  We are looking at Oct/Nov 2022.   Would be nice to know.   Thanks again.   

I will check..

Jancruz1

13 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Capture any screen shots of Vista?  The official preview info has been very enticing, but now more than ever I want stuff to whet my dreams [no pun intended, hah!]

Sorry I cant post

Jancruz1

14 hours ago, pinotlover said:

Jan;

Any sneak peak on where Vista will be sailing, or must we wait until September?

Im sure itins will be out before September...no definite date yet..

Jancruz1