I'm booked on the Epic from Rome to New York departing Nov 20, arriving into NY on Dec 5.  It looks like this cruise will go, as they are still accepting bookings on the cruises before mine, and after (in the Caribbean). Norwegian canceled several TAs but kept this one and another, Epic is also one of the first to cruise ships.  But, I have not seen anything about TAs after November.  Has anyone seen anything about the Epic coming to the Caribbean?  Would make me feel a whole lot better that it will go as planned. 

Did the CDC lift the 7 day cruise length limit?

Also, if anyone has done this cruise in the past, your experience with weather?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/4/2021 at 2:27 AM, nyc2pdx said:

I'm booked on the Epic from Rome to New York departing Nov 20, arriving into NY on Dec 5.  It looks like this cruise will go, as they are still accepting bookings on the cruises before mine, and after (in the Caribbean). Norwegian canceled several TAs but kept this one and another, Epic is also one of the first to cruise ships.  But, I have not seen anything about TAs after November.  Has anyone seen anything about the Epic coming to the Caribbean?  Would make me feel a whole lot better that it will go as planned. 

Did the CDC lift the 7 day cruise length limit?

Also, if anyone has done this cruise in the past, your experience with weather?

Our Rome to Florida TA with Celebrity for Oct 22 was cancelled.

Still, your cruise may go through.

We have never done your cruise, but have done three TA cruises and found the TA cruises from the Med to Florida generally have nice weather.  Of course, once your cruise starts heading north to NYC, it will be colder.  Also, your cruise is very late in the season, Nov 20 and will likely be colder than ones in mid-October.

• Like 1

There was something that came up on another site about the CDC requiring a 14 day quarantine for all ships that were sailing but hadn't sailed yet out of the US - that would conceivably apply to the TA's scheduled for November that are currently sailing in UK and maybe some others. The ships that are scheduled for Repo cruises  in November would have to sail without paying customers, or empty to get back to the Caribbean. Hope this is wrong

On 8/16/2021 at 8:03 AM, dave_k58 said:

There was something that came up on another site about the CDC requiring a 14 day quarantine for all ships that were sailing but hadn't sailed yet out of the US - that would conceivably apply to the TA's scheduled for November that are currently sailing in UK and maybe some others. The ships that are scheduled for Repo cruises  in November would have to sail without paying customers, or empty to get back to the Caribbean. Hope this is wrong

dave, do you mean that before you sailed, you would have to quarantine or would it be quarantined for arriving passengers on such ships?

6 hours ago, 4774Papa said:

dave, do you mean that before you sailed, you would have to quarantine or would it be quarantined for arriving passengers on such ships?

I'm not Dave, but what he's talking about is a provision in the CDC's Conditional Sailing Order that requires ships that have been homeported outside the U.S. and sailing outside the U.S. to have 14 days of no passengers before they can start sailing (again) out of the U.S.  So the concern is how ships repositioning to the U.S. from Europe this fall will meet that requirement (if it even is one by then, since the CSO expires at the end of October). 

Assuming a cruise line will be meeting that requirement, it doesn't necessarily mean a TA would be scrapped; the cruise line could cancel the first cruise that was scheduled out of a U.S. port right after the TA (and more cruises if needed to get to the 14 days). 

Meeting this 14-day rule is why Celebrity recently cancelled some sailings of the Summit out of Florida that had been scheduled right after the Summit was to return to sailing from the U.S. after being homeported in St. Maarten this summer.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2021 at 5:17 PM, Turtles06 said:

I'm not Dave, but what he's talking about is a provision in the CDC's Conditional Sailing Order that requires ships that have been homeported outside the U.S. and sailing outside the U.S. to have 14 days of no passengers before they can start sailing (again) out of the U.S.  So the concern is how ships repositioning to the U.S. from Europe this fall will meet that requirement (if it even is one by then, since the CSO expires at the end of October). 

Assuming a cruise line will be meeting that requirement, it doesn't necessarily mean a TA would be scrapped; the cruise line could cancel the first cruise that was scheduled out of a U.S. port right after the TA (and more cruises if needed to get to the 14 days). 

Meeting this 14-day rule is why Celebrity recently cancelled some sailings of the Summit out of Florida that had been scheduled right after the Summit was to return to sailing from the U.S. after being homeported in St. Maarten this summer.

Thank you turtles

• Like 1