Edge Class SV Choice

kittywife77

12 hours ago, pixiedust777 said:

Yes follows the same schematic 😊

6C4FAB69-36F7-4484-9F1D-22F1C022EE19.jpeg

Thanks.....I like the bed by balcony....more space around the closet.  Do you know if the Edge closets have the same 'room' in them as the S class?  Is the safe inside the closet or attached to the desk?

Edited by Oceangoer2
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Thanks.....I like the bed by balcony....more space around the closet.  Do you know if the Edge closets have the same 'room' in them as the S class?  Is the safe inside the closet or attached to the desk?

The safe is in the closet.

3D9E7016-D859-4C13-A381-775009324E64.png

2 hours ago, Oceangoer2 said:

That really takes up so much room.  The drawers below are a help, but for hanging....not.

Do you really have THAT many long things to hang?

The space above the safe is plenty long for shirts, most skirts & pants folded over the hanger.

Really only need long area for dresses (and for men who hand their slacks long from clip hangers...)

On 7/16/2021 at 9:15 AM, KKB said:

Do you really have THAT many long things to hang?

The space above the safe is plenty long for shirts, most skirts & pants folded over the hanger.

Really only need long area for dresses (and for men who hand their slacks long from clip hangers...)

I guess we each pack and dress differently.  Over many years sailing S class I found the closet without the safe still tight for space but found a way to keep things in order. I always bring a long shoe hanger to keep them from cluttering the floor.  DH likes his change of shirts; our pants would hang from the lower bar in the closet below the shirts.  My 'things' are light material and don't take up so much room but from this pic all will be cramped, or maybe the picture is deceiving and it's bigger than it appears.  We take out the robes and keep them handy on the wall hook (if it's still there on the Edge is the question).   Seems from the pic the designer could have replaced the lighted niche with more space in the closet...JMO.

Edited by Oceangoer2

1 minute ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Seems from the pic the designer could have replaced the lighted niche with more space in the closet...JMO.

Cannot argue that. Extra space is ALWAYS welcome.

Videos of the rooms make it appear there is a lot of storage space.

But on 14 cruises we have never found we didn't have enough space. We tuck everything away.

Have learned to be a pretty lean packer after an embarkation day flight. We did 7 days in Caribbean with a carry on & backpack each. 

Now, if I am flying SWA, I DO enjoy bringing choices--ESPECIALLY shoes!

• Like 1

Just now, KKB said:

Cannot argue that. Extra space is ALWAYS welcome.

Videos of the rooms make it appear there is a lot of storage space.

But on 14 cruises we have never found we didn't have enough space. We tuck everything away.

Have learned to be a pretty lean packer after an embarkation day flight. We did 7 days in Caribbean with a carry on & backpack each. 

Now, if I am flying SWA, I DO enjoy bringing choices--ESPECIALLY shoes!

NEVER could I do a backpack holiday.  In the early days (30+ cruises) we may have kept to the essentials, but now we like our comfort and baggage is fundamentally well packed and manageable.  Could do it in my sleep and know the S class so well, everything had a place;  especially enjoyed the closet space in S1 suite.  Haven't sailed E class before so may have to 'rethink' my practice, but not our clothing options.  I'm also hoping that the drawer space equals or betters the lack of bed overhead 'bins' which I think are gone....I had no problem with them (using packing cubes which fit nicely) although some thought they were hard to use.

35 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

NEVER could I do a backpack holiday.  In the early days (30+ cruises) we may have kept to the essentials, but now we like our comfort and baggage is fundamentally well packed and manageable.  Could do it in my sleep and know the S class so well, everything had a place;  especially enjoyed the closet space in S1 suite.  Haven't sailed E class before so may have to 'rethink' my practice, but not our clothing options.  I'm also hoping that the drawer space equals or betters the lack of bed overhead 'bins' which I think are gone....I had no problem with them (using packing cubes which fit nicely) although some thought they were hard to use.

It was actually QUITE freeing.

We change clothes several times a day so we realized the same shorts for breakfast daily were no big deal. Plus most of my clothing is very light---amazing how much I could pack!

Packing cubes were game changers for me!