Revamped Tier Levels Coming Soon

cruzsnooze

40 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

I just looked at the cabin perks and the complimentary specialty dinner on the first night is gone from booking a full suite. Where says view more under the category there is nothing. They must be busy removing the perks.

Where do you see it missing? It still shows for me on the suites page and the PDF. https://www.princess.com/learn/ships/staterooms/suites/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruzsnooze said:

So how would one go about getting their boarding pass printed at the internet cafe for their flights the next day if they don't buy the package. If they don't use a smart phone to this task either. 

If Princess goes to a more inclusive cruise model I will go to Celebrity or Azamara which has a better cruise experience. 

I just looked at the cabin perks and the complimentary specialty dinner on the first night is gone from booking a full suite. Where says view more under the category there is nothing. They must be busy removing the perks. 

Still shows complimentary specialty dining on first night under suite benefits.  Suite benefits have not changed.

2 hours ago, wallyj said:

I believe it was late 2019 early 2020, Princess offered BSE, best sale ever, where you could actually choose, drinks, tips, WiFi, in whatever combo worked for you. You were allowed to add this promo, at least I was able to after I made booking for the AKL/LA cruise on the Ruby, April 2020. Believe promo was Best2DG for Drinks and Tips(Grats) for $30/day. Now only all 3 offered as a bundle with ‘plus’.

Thanks for posting this.  I was starting to doubt my memory. LOL!  I knew I had seen a mix/match type thing. 

11 hours ago, voljeep said:

What is / was / will be the cost for a typical 7 day cruise for internet at the discount rate of 50% off ?

The cost for me was 49.99@ 50% off, forfeiting all my elite minutes for a 7-day cruise on the Royal in April 2019, and 59.99 for a 10-day cruise in Oct 2019, same ship.  

These were pre-tax prices.  

Edited by 4cats4me

10 hours ago, TM said:

I certainly don't want or need to spend an extra $40 per person per day for Princess Plus fares. 

Fort two people in the cabin, that is $80/day extra or $560 for a seven day cruise.

6 hours ago, travellingnana said:

I have several upcoming cruises which I booked under the old tier levels, assuming that what was in effect when I booked was what I would get.  So... do these new "benefits" apply immediately, or do they begin with the first cruise you book after today?  

"on sailings embarking after July 24, 2021"

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

So how would one go about getting their boarding pass printed at the internet cafe for their flights the next day if they don't buy the package.

On board they will probably still sell access for a day, probably for around $10 based on pre-Covid cruises.

4 hours ago, franktown said:

Still shows complimentary specialty dining on first night under suite benefits.  Suite benefits have not changed.

Do not be so sure. Not all the Princess pages have necessarily been updated.

For example, it still says " During your time on board, you’ll also be able to connect with loved ones at home with a complimentary internet package." under platinum benefits.

https://www.princess.com/cruise-tips-vacation-ideas/cruise-destinations/cruise-tips-advice-and-information/cruise-membership-benefits.html

I note the following items:

a) As mentioned, the free Internet minutes are gone for Platinum/Elites.

b) All discounts on pre-purchased items are given as OBC on board. No indication if this is refundable or non-refundable OBC.

c) "Tier specific recognition pin" is still included although another thread says it has been eliminated.

d) "Destination Collection" (formerly the Cruise Atlas) will be in electronic form.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, caribill said:

I note the following items:

a) As mentioned, the free Internet minutes are gone for Platinum/Elites.

b) All discounts on pre-purchased items are given as OBC on board. No indication if this is refundable or non-refundable OBC.

c) "Tier specific recognition pin" is still included although another thread says it has been eliminated.

d) "Destination Collection" (formerly the Cruise Atlas) will be in electronic form.

This will have to be fully refundable.  It is out of pocket cash, not a "freebee" bonus OBC

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2 cruises a year said:

This will have to be fully refundable.  It is out of pocket cash, not a "freebee" bonus OBC

Excursions reserved pre-cruise can be paid pre-cruise using OBC which could be refundable OBC (from a gift card or a credit card charge, for example) or non-refundable (from stockholder OBC or booking promotion, for example).

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, caribill said:

For some unknown reason we started receiving it after our 3rd cruise. 
After our 5th, Covid happened, and we haven’t received one since (understandably). 

I’m in my early 50’s, and Hubby is in his mid. We are both fairly tech-savvy, yet we appreciated the physical, printed copy. 

My inner environmentalist appreciates the idea of .PDFs, but I will miss the magazine format. 

1 minute ago, MamaFej said:

For some unknown reason we started receiving it after our 3rd cruise. 
After our 5th, Covid happened, and we haven’t received one since (understandably). 

I’m in my early 50’s, and Hubby is in his mid. We are both fairly tech-savvy, yet we appreciated the physical, printed copy. 

My inner environmentalist appreciates the idea of .PDFs, but I will miss the magazine format. 

90% of my Princess cruises have been selected by our turning the pages of the physical Cruise Atlas and quickly seeing what would interest us.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, caribill said:

90% of my Princess cruises have been selected by our turning the pages of the physical Cruise Atlas and quickly seeing what would interest us.

Same here. 
Disappointed in losing elite internet benefit. 
Next cruise I have used FCC for Plus package so not an issue there 

After that,  will consider Celebrity vs Princess for destination, value more often now. Princess perks won’t mean much to me. Just became elite 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, 4cats4me said:

The cost for me was 49.99@ 50% off, forfeiting all my elite minutes for a 7-day cruise on the Royal in April 2019, and 59.99 for a 10-day cruise in Oct 2019, same ship.  

These were pre-tax prices.  

Wow, 100 bucks on a 14day cruise then for something we got enough of included before.  Way to reward loyal customers  Princess!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Musky Ike said:

Wow, 100 bucks on a 14day cruise then for something we got enough of included before.  Way to reward loyal customers  Princess!

I was thinking the same. Loyalty … 

12 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

Yes and I remember how excited all of us were for this.  We never actually go to use it though as all of the cruises that we booked with it were cancelled.

image.png.eb5c3c9732346d70a10b64a9092d35ca.png

BEST2DW and BEST3 are the same net fares as the current plus fares. BEST2DG would be less expensive if you did not purchase wi-fi. With a wi-fi purchase it would work out very close to the net plus fares.

12 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

Yes and I remember how excited all of us were for this.  We never actually go to use it though as all of the cruises that we booked with it were cancelled.

image.png.eb5c3c9732346d70a10b64a9092d35ca.png

I'd like that type of pricing to come back, but ideally I'd like Wi-Fi and gratuities to be an option. Drinks package doesn't do much for us.