Please compare Nachi Cocum vs. Mr. Sanchos for us

LadyBerard

We're hoping to be cruising this Nov. and will be going to Cozumel. We have never been to either of the above.  If you have been to both, would you please compare them.  Right now, we have reservations for all inclusive at Mr. Sanchos, but I see that Nachi Cocum is running a special for $39 all inclusive.  We like soft sand, clear water, don't care to snorkel, STRONG drinks and nice bar atmosphere, and good food.  I understand that with the all inclusive package at Mr. Sanchos, you are in a separate area from others that do not book the all inclusive.

Your thoughts comparing the two are greatly appreciated.  Thank you in advance.

1 hour ago, LadyBerard said:

We're hoping to be cruising this Nov. and will be going to Cozumel. We have never been to either of the above.  If you have been to both, would you please compare them.  Right now, we have reservations for all inclusive at Mr. Sanchos, but I see that Nachi Cocum is running a special for $39 all inclusive.  We like soft sand, clear water, don't care to snorkel, STRONG drinks and nice bar atmosphere, and good food.  I understand that with the all inclusive package at Mr. Sanchos, you are in a separate area from others that do not book the all inclusive.

Your thoughts comparing the two are greatly appreciated.  Thank you in advance.

Mr Sancho is one beach club that we haven’t actually visited yet but be aware it is a larger club with many amenities. It is a more active facilty popular with families.

Nachi is a more relaxed beach club which includes 4 courses plus drinks, rather than true AI which allows children but does not particularly cater to them so is popular with couples and a more adult crowd. At $39, Nachi is good value, not sure if Sanchos presently has any promotions.

If you use the search engine to find Mitsugirly posts and blog you will find intensive photo reviews of both clubs. (She is currently posting a thread on the Cozumel forum reviewing a recent land visit.)

Edited by c-leg5

Sanchos is larger and more lively - when we cruise with daughters they push us to go to Sanchos.

Nachi is smaller (limited to about 130 guests per day pre-virus), quiet and relaxing.  No water toys, etc. Our choice when it is just the wife and I.

IMHO the food at Nachi is better, drinks are about the same.

Sort of depends upon what type of atmosphere you are looking for. 🤔

PS - for a non-AI option check out Paradise Beach club (although they did offer an AI option it was over priced compared to Nachi and Sanchos).  Water toys, great service and facilities plus HUGE pool, etc.

49 minutes ago, JohninDC said:

Sanchos is larger and more lively - when we cruise with daughters they push us to go to Sanchos.

Nachi is smaller (limited to about 130 guests per day pre-virus), quiet and relaxing.  No water toys, etc. Our choice when it is just the wife and I.

IMHO the food at Nachi is better, drinks are about the same.

Sort of depends upon what type of atmosphere you are looking for. 🤔

PS - for a non-AI option check out Paradise Beach club (although they did offer an AI option it was over priced compared to Nachi and Sanchos).  Water toys, great service and facilities plus HUGE pool, etc.

Agree with your assessment, John.

Paradise Beach has not been open to my knowledge but I am sure that will change when cruising restarts. We have been to Paradise previously but only PAYG. 

We have done both Nachi Cocum and Mr. Sancho's.  If you want a more peaceful, quiet experience, Nachi is best for you.  Mr. Sancho's is lively, fun and has more features.  

Additional comparisons: 

• Massages:   Mr. Sancho's is the winner here.  They have a dedicated open-air (with fans) space that accommodates two and is peaceful and uninterrupted.  Nachi's is in an air-conditioned hut with three tables next to each other.  We were frequently interrupted by the man who sells massages bringing people in and out of the hut.  It was VERY embarrassing to be undressed with strangers coming in and out! 
  • Food:  Nachi Cocum is much better.  I like that one can order off the menu at Mr. Sancho's versus the buffet, but the food at Nachi is more upscale. 
  • Pool and swim up bar:  Mr. Sancho's is the winner!   Great service, tables and sitting available in the pool.  Nachi's bar service was terrible.  
  • Activities:  No toys or horseback riding or entertainment at Nachi.  Mr. Sancho's takes the win in this category. 
  • Restrooms:  Mr. Sancho's wins here!   Clean, and were frequently cleaned by the staff.  

Hope this information is helpful....

Hope this helps! 

22 hours ago, Saturngrl said:

We have done both Nachi Cocum and Mr. Sancho's.  If you want a more peaceful, quiet experience, Nachi is best for you.  Mr. Sancho's is lively, fun and has more features.  

Additional comparisons: 

• Massages:   Mr. Sancho's is the winner here.  They have a dedicated open-air (with fans) space that accommodates two and is peaceful and uninterrupted.  Nachi's is in an air-conditioned hut with three tables next to each other.  We were frequently interrupted by the man who sells massages bringing people in and out of the hut.  It was VERY embarrassing to be undressed with strangers coming in and out! 
  • Food:  Nachi Cocum is much better.  I like that one can order off the menu at Mr. Sancho's versus the buffet, but the food at Nachi is more upscale. 
  • Pool and swim up bar:  Mr. Sancho's is the winner!   Great service, tables and sitting available in the pool.  Nachi's bar service was terrible.  
  • Activities:  No toys or horseback riding or entertainment at Nachi.  Mr. Sancho's takes the win in this category. 
  • Restrooms:  Mr. Sancho's wins here!   Clean, and were frequently cleaned by the staff.  

Hope this helps! 

I agree with most of this, but would say it is even on bar service - with both being very good.  Nachi has only one pool and there are only 4-5 bar stools in the pool that get serviced by the bar tenders (who are always happy to let me practice my Spanish); all other service (poolside and on the beach) is from your waiter.

Again can’t compare directly with Sanchos, but compared to beach clubs/bars in Cozumel in general we didn’t find bar service at Nachi to be all that great on the beach. There is a secondary bar on the beach where you can collect your own.

Another thought, if you think you might want desert I would suggest you order with your main food since they had run out when we tried to order afterwards and they were no where near full that day.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/10/2021 at 7:54 AM, Saturngrl said:

Additional comparisons: 

Hope this helps! 

I've been to Nachi Cocom 4 times and Mr Sanchos 3 times and I would go back to either.

However, I will disagree with some of your points 🙂

Food: It's about the same - Difference is that Nachi lets you eat lunch whereas Mr Sanchos lets you eat all day. Both let you order from a menu but Mr Sanchos also has a buffet. If unlimited stuffing your face with food is important then Mr Sanchos is better for that. However, you will not leave hungry from Nachi Cocom.

Pool: Mr Sanchos pool is both smaller and a bit yuckier. On some occasions it felt slimy when walking down the stairs. Other times it was fine. The pool can get rowdy at Mr Sanchos depending on who is there. Nachi pool is bigger, cleaner, and quieter.

Hot Tub: Nachi has one right next to the bar/pool and Mr Sanchos does not have one

Activities: You can do everything from Mr Sanchos. From Nachi you can do boat snorkel, jetskis, parasailing, etc. but you have to be picked up at the dock as it is not on site. (although jetskis are to the left as well as to the right at Mr Sanchos)

Restrooms: Closer from to just about everywhere at Nachi ... Longer walk and more crowded at Mr Sanchos

Beach: Walkable beachfront at Mr Sanchos whereas Nachi has more of deeper sand entrance with a short dropoff as you enter the water. Nachi also has a pier to jump from. Never seen one at Mr Sanchos

Fellow Guests: This is the tricky one. At Nachi it is always going to be quiet, low key, and uncrowded. At Mr Sanchos it can be too BUT it depends on WHO shows up that day. I've seen the pool taken over by drunks, people playing their own music, and a general party atmosphere. The crowd that goes to Mr Sanchos generally drinks more alcohol than the those that go to Nachi. You're not going to see chugging and shot challenges at Nachi. Again, this might not be an issue on many days but if you show up on a day it is the staff generally doesn't shut that sort of thing down. Nachi will shut that sort of thing down.

Vendors: Nachi has one shop that opens mid-day and is over by the bathrooms.  The guy there will not bother you. Mr Sanchos has about 4 or 5 carts and 3 or 4 shops and they hawk their wares as you come in and out of the place. Some are pushier than others. They don't bother you you once you get inside though. There are a couple of vendors inside Mr Sanchos too that sell wristbands, hats, etc. and they are generally not bothersome. It doesn't bother me but it bothers some people.

Size: Nachi is smaller and limits to 130 people whereas Mr Sanchos limits to somewhere between 500-700 people. You will be around less people at Nachi.

I've been to both and will go to both again. I just have different expectations for each place.

12 minutes ago, NightOne said:

I've been to Nachi Cocom 4 times and Mr Sanchos 3 times and I would go back to either.

However, I will disagree with some of your points 🙂

Food: It's about the same - Difference is that Nachi lets you eat lunch whereas Mr Sanchos lets you eat all day. Both let you order from a menu but Mr Sanchos also has a buffet. If unlimited stuffing your face with food is important then Mr Sanchos is better for that. However, you will not leave hungry from Nachi Cocom.

Pool: Mr Sanchos pool is both smaller and a bit yuckier. On some occasions it felt slimy when walking down the stairs. Other times it was fine. The pool can get rowdy at Mr Sanchos depending on who is there. Nachi pool is bigger, cleaner, and quieter.

Hot Tub: Nachi has one right next to the bar/pool and Mr Sanchos does not have one

Activities: You can do everything from Mr Sanchos. From Nachi you can do boat snorkel, jetskis, parasailing, etc. but you have to be picked up at the dock as it is not on site. (although jetskis are to the left as well as to the right at Mr Sanchos)

Restrooms: Closer from to just about everywhere at Nachi ... Longer walk and more crowded at Mr Sanchos

Beach: Walkable beachfront at Mr Sanchos whereas Nachi has more of deeper sand entrance with a short dropoff as you enter the water. Nachi also has a pier to jump from. Never seen one at Mr Sanchos

Fellow Guests: This is the tricky one. At Nachi it is always going to be quiet, low key, and uncrowded. At Mr Sanchos it can be too BUT it depends on WHO shows up that day. I've seen the pool taken over by drunks, people playing their own music, and a general party atmosphere. The crowd that goes to Mr Sanchos generally drinks more alcohol than the those that go to Nachi. You're not going to see chugging and shot challenges at Nachi. Again, this might not be an issue on many days but if you show up on a day it is the staff generally doesn't shut that sort of thing down. Nachi will shut that sort of thing down.

Vendors: Nachi has one shop that opens mid-day and is over by the bathrooms.  The guy there will not bother you. Mr Sanchos has about 4 or 5 carts and 3 or 4 shops and they hawk their wares as you come in and out of the place. Some are pushier than others. They don't bother you you once you get inside though. There are a couple of vendors inside Mr Sanchos too that sell wristbands, hats, etc. and they are generally not bothersome. It doesn't bother me but it bothers some people.

Size: Nachi is smaller and limits to 130 people whereas Mr Sanchos limits to somewhere between 500-700 people. You will be around less people at Nachi.

I've been to both and will go to both again. I just have different expectations for each place.

Again, I haven’t actually bee to Mr Sanchos but I thought from my research Sanchos actually had 3 pools - one for PAYG, one for AI and one for, ? Not sure how long it has been since you were at Sanchos as I know w they have done a lot of new construction with overnight cabanas etc.

People always claim Nachi is “quiet” and I am sure in general it is much quieter than Sanchos. I have only been to Nachi twice, once on a cruise ship day when I was less than impressed by the service or the crowd that were doing shots and playing their own music through speakers. Just be aware it can happen and I wouldn’t count on it being shut down. Again I think it is also a case of WHO turns up on the day.The second time was last week on a land visit, when we took advantage of the $39 promotional package and it was much better and at that price, good value. The pool was quite busy, the beach very quiet. There were probably about 30 - 40 people each time.

15 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

Again, I haven’t actually bee to Mr Sanchos but I thought from my research Sanchos actually had 3 pools - one for PAYG, one for AI and one for, ? Not sure how long it has been since you were at Sanchos as I know w they have done a lot of new construction with overnight cabanas etc.

People always claim Nachi is “quiet” and I am sure in general it is much quieter than Sanchos. I have only been to Nachi twice, once on a cruise ship day when I was less than impressed by the service or the crowd that were doing shots and playing their own music through speakers. Just be aware it can happen and I wouldn’t count on it being shut down. Again I think it is also a case of WHO turns up on the day.The second time was last week on a land visit, when we took advantage of the $39 promotional package and it was much better and at that price, good value. The pool was quite busy, the beach very quiet. There were probably about 30 - 40 people each time.

There is one pool on the AI side at Mr Sanchos.

If someone is playing their own music at Nachi and you mention it to the staff it will be shut down.

When you have actually been to Mr Sanchos you'll see what I mean by the points I made. 🙂

9 minutes ago, NightOne said:

When you have actually been to Mr Sanchos you'll see what I mean by the points I made. 🙂

Unless we travel with kids Sanchos is a beach club we are unlikely to visit as we have way too many favorites hangouts in Cozumel. We don’t generally do AI unless we are on a land visit.

I am not disagreeing with your points on Sanchos, as I clearly said I haven’t been, but I can express my opinion and experience at Nachi in comparison to your points.

Are you saying they didn’t build a third pool at Sanchos, or you don’t know?

Yep, I agree.  It all depends on who is at the resort that day.  My friend and I did Nacho Cocum because it was just the two of us.  This time,  we will be a group of 5 who want a party resort, so it's Mr. Sancho's for us.   

19 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

Unless we travel with kids Sanchos is a beach club we are unlikely to visit as we have way too many favorites hangouts in Cozumel. We don’t generally do AI unless we are on a land visit.

I am not disagreeing with your points on Sanchos, as I clearly said I haven’t been, but I can express my opinion and experience at Nachi in comparison to your points.

Are you saying they didn’t build a third pool at Sanchos, or you don’t know?

I have seen 2 pools at Mr Sanchos. I cannot comment on a 3rd as I don't know. I don't tend to go past the middle palapa area that divides the 2 sides. I stay on the AI side.

My point about being there is that sometimes you can read a lot about something but until you actually see it in person it is not fully clear or is different than you thought. My intent was not to be snarky but rather to say you'll just have to see it yourself. 🙂 

• Like 1