Richard Fain, RCG CEO, discusses vaccination strategies during restart of cruising

I see making a choice on where to go in the world or what cruise line to sail as just that ….. a choice. I know what documents are required and decide to produce them or stay home. We produce lots of personal information such as credit cards, passports and cruise contracts, embarkation documents, etc. 

I want to be safe and know those around me are vaccinated making all safer. I don’t want to wear a mask or lessen on board experiences. We have lost loved ones and know the price of being safe. 

The entire world has entry requirements and I’ll meet them when I travel in a short time. I’ll be traveling to 4 countries. I’m having a hard time with the privacy issue as we have been sharing information that has/is been treated confidentially. It’s not plastered on a billboard. 

I wish RCL would follow Celebrity on vaccine requirements. It removes a lot of guess work from travel and we all feel safer.

I currently have reservations on both lines, but am rethinking RCL. It’s a choice.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

It's one thing to say up front "no unvaccinated allowed." The kicker is kicking already booked people off the cruise for something they have no control over.

And what is temporary anymore? 

Well,  for Celebrity as long as the rules are written in advance.  There should be no issues.  They have to sail the ship and in order to do so they will need to meet the 95% goal.  If not, the ship can't sail.  So its not about vaccinated or unvaccinated,  that's not the question.  The question is can they meet the 95% threshold because that is what is needed to get the ship underway.  Anything less than that and no one goes.