Anyway to register without downloading the Medallion app?

Jemnibabe

Apparently, they are forcing everyone to register for a cruise and put all your information on the Medallion Plus App.  So what happens to all those who can't do that for one reason or other like no smart phone or ability to deal with the new technology?  Many of the older cruisers might have to buy a phone or just not be able to cruise?  Please, no comments about "get used to it" or get "up to date."  

Judy in SW Florida

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

According to a call that an SVP from Princess had last week with TAs, the answer is no.  It has to be done in the app.  And it's anyone's guess how long this practice will hold.

I do hope they realize the folly of forcing everyone to the MC app for the necessary pre-cruise checklist stuff and re-open the Cruise Personalizer for those that cannot (or will not?) use a mobile app. Perhaps that will happen if this summer's Alaska cruises are bolloxed up enough for passengers with no smart phones.

Edited by joepeka
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Did I read some where that you can now load the App on an android?   Has Princess announced yet that the App is up and running and ready to use?   It sounds to me that they are still working on it?????

1 minute ago, waltd said:

Did I read some where that you can now load the App on an android?   Has Princess announced yet that the App is up and running and ready to use?   It sounds to me that they are still working on it?????

There has been an Android version of the app available for quite some time, but it's been updated again and again recently and right now, it has disappeared from the Google Play Store. Hopefully it returns when they are done dinking around with it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, joepeka said:

I do hope they realize the folly of forcing everyone to the MC app for the necessary pre-cruise checklist stuff and re-open the Cruise Personalizer for those that cannot (or will not?) use a mobile app. Perhaps that will happen if this summer's Alaska cruises are bolloxed up enough for passengers with no smart phones.

51 minutes ago, joepeka said:

There has been an Android version of the app available for quite some time, but it's been updated again and again recently and right now, it has disappeared from the Google Play Store. Hopefully it returns when they are done dinking around with it.

Next cruise is Jan 2022. Hoping Cruise Personalizer is restored for all pre-boarding purposes. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, waltd said:

when I log into my Personalizer today it says MedallionClass app coming soon. 

they are still working on it.

Each time I go to the app I can do/ see more for my next cruise. 

I've never used an app and never will. Just show up at the pier with a printed copy of my boarding pass and they give me a black card. They cannot force you to use the medallion because it clearly states in the brochure not to used if you have an implant such as a pacemaker. 

I just went into the Princess site and to my personalizer and there is a link at the top of the page to check in which has always been there. I did the complete check in with passport numbers and emergency contacts and everything was the same as usual.

Edited by cruzsnooze
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, cruzsnooze said:

I've never used an app and never will. Just show up at the pier with a printed copy of my boarding pass and they give me a black card. They cannot force you to use the medallion because it clearly states in the brochure not to used if you have an implant such as a pacemaker. 

I just went into the Princess site and to my personalizer and there is a link at the top of the page to check in which has always been there. I did the complete check in with passport numbers and emergency contacts and everything was the same as usual.

Using the Medallion is not the same as using the MedallionClass app on a smart device. 

As for the second paragraph, I am puzzled and believe you are mistaken.  The website has been changed to remove most of the Check-In information.  Sorry, but it is not the same as usual - no passport and emergency contacts in the Cruise Personalizer.  These are moved to the Medallion Class app.  I am finding it hard to understand how your computer could be accessing an old webpage and the rest of us are on a new page.  Even if you had a cached older webpage being brought up, it seems odd the functionality will work.  I think you should check again and perhaps make sure your browser cache is cleared.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Cruzsnooze   Are you able to print out your boarding passes and luggage tags?   The medallionapp can be more convenient and efficient but i find it hard to believe that you would be denied boarding if you show up with all required documents, boarding passes and luggage tags   Not everyone wants to use the medallion and hopefully they won't have to   There may be  a delay in getting onboard 

9 minutes ago, beaglesandducks said:

Cruzsnooze   Are you able to print out your boarding passes and luggage tags?   The medallionapp can be more convenient and efficient but i find it hard to believe that you would be denied boarding if you show up with all required documents, boarding passes and luggage tags   Not everyone wants to use the medallion and hopefully they won't have to   There may be  a delay in getting onboard 

Princess has said that the boarding passes will no longer be available to be printed. You need to use the app when you show up to check-in.

• Thanks 1

You can print out your travel summary from the Personalizer on Princess website. It suggests doing this. Mine has been updated in past few days- they removed my dining choices. Most of the personal information I had previously filled in before sett up the MedallionClass app. That information has appeared on the app except for a couple of items I will have to complete again. Since my dining was removed I had to use the app to make new choices- no longer able to do that on website. 
the personal information required on the app includes that passenger contract, risk form  etc. 

I suspect people not following any of this will just show up with printed travel summary, luggage tags, receipt for their booking and expect rest to be dealt with at boarding time

should Be ironed out by March 2022— my next cruise, I hope

So first they stopped sending a cruise package.  They were always so much fun to get in the mail.  Then you had to print your own.  Somehow lost the excitement of getting that cruise package.  Now have to have a smart phone.  Well, I have a dumb phone!  I still use a blackberry and no apps for that.  I'm not cruising anytime soon but what will be next?

There is something that I don't understand about this thread and similar ones complaining about how a cruise line is doing things.  Are there other cruise lines out there?  Does Princess do any cruises that are unique?  Are there other cruise lines that are similar in ship ambience?  If you don't like the way Princess or any other cruise line is treating you, don't use them any more and tell them why.   Nobody is forcing you to cruise Princess.

DON

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, donaldsc said:

There is something that I don't understand about this thread and similar ones complaining about how a cruise line is doing things.  Are there other cruise lines out there?  Does Princess do any cruises that are unique?  Are there other cruise lines that are similar in ship ambience?  If you don't like the way Princess or any other cruise line is treating you, don't use them any more and tell them why.   Nobody is forcing you to cruise Princess.

DON

I hope this is not the new motto of Princess “If you don’t like it, then just leave!”  I would hope that Princess will do a better job getting this app working properly or abandon the project and go back to the new “old way” until the app is user friendly for everyone.  I also hope that Princess wants to keep their guests happy and looking forward to booking more cruises in the future.  Win win for everyone!

• Like 9

19 minutes ago, donaldsc said:

DON

I have done 32 cruises for 361 days on Princess--it's been our favorite cruise line!  I am also without a smart phone and see no need for one (I'm 75).  So I think Princess could have an alternative for folks like me.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, donaldsc said:

DON

Don,

I see your point of view. 

I have $4500 of FCC that I can only use on a Princess cruise. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, awhcruiser said:

Why is the medallion app not in the play store?

in my Personalizer on the Princess website it clearly says:” Coming soon” in reference to the MedallionClass app. 
and lists things you will be able to do using the app 

it is not ready for all yet. 

it will return to the “playstore”. 

31 minutes ago, BarbinMich said:

I have done 32 cruises for 361 days on Princess--it's been our favorite cruise line!  I am also without a smart phone and see no need for one (I'm 75).  So I think Princess could have an alternative for folks like me.

Sorry, duplicate post

Edited by Lady Arwen

30 minutes ago, awhcruiser said:

Why is the medallion app not in the play store?

As dog wrote there were too many problems with the Android version so it’s been temporarily removed from the Pay Store.

10 minutes ago, dog said:

in my Personalizer on the Princess website it clearly says:” Coming soon” in reference to the MedallionClass app. 
and lists things you will be able to do using the app 

it is not ready for all yet. 

it will return to the “playstore”. 

As of their 6/3 webinar these are the requirements which currently must be done on the app & whether that will modified or not is still to be determined.

Currently the requirement to accept their mandatory Risk Assessment Policy & Vaccination Attestation will only be possible through the app & not on their website.

D2F147AC-835D-4581-A71B-80F848EA8827.jpeg

EFD701B4-85DA-4093-B878-E5DB65705B7E.jpeg

19397070-3AD4-4B8F-97A3-D2CE2FB6D846.jpeg

Edited by Astro Flyer

I'm technically adept, have little or no problem using the Medallion App, and look forward to using all its features. However, I think it a big mistake to require people to check in through the the app without having an alternative means, such as the personalizer or through regular mail.

• Like 14