I know it is a just over a week away.....

Lois R

But I want to wish all the MOON cruisers a fantastic trip. June 18th is that Maiden Voyage......hope all of you have a grand time and will be so looking forward to hearing all about it.😃

Hope the rest of you will join in for those wonderful Bon Voyage wishes.........after what?.....nearly 18 months of no cruising........it must seem unreal to know you are sailing a week from Friday!😃👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Those who are on board the Moon for the Greece voyages are in for a culinary treat, just learned that Chef David, David Bilsland will be on board.  Here are a few photos he sent me.  And for those reading this thread that will be on the Maiden voyages of the Silver Dawn, Chef David will be on board too.

d2.jpg

d3.jpg

d4.jpg

david1.jpg

Edited by WesW
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

And here is your Silversea Silver Moon Provision team now on board the Silver Moon.

Was fortunate to cruise with Nino Nierva (in glasses) one of the Provision team members on the Silver Spirit a few years ago, who is now on board the Silver Moon. 

198038514_4582925785068201_5047125268973283921_n.jpg

199096187_4582927208401392_5669044825994789518_n.jpg

• Like 1

Hey Spins, if you are lurking........I really hope you and Mr Spins have a fantastic time😃👍

I mean I hope everyone does but especially ya'll😉

• Like 1

Hope all you that have booked on the June sailing on the moon have a fabulous time ..

Jealous yes ! Wish I was going no! I'm not that brave to travel still at this time 

We in the UK are being advised not to travel to Greece & the islands & travel insurance would be all to complicated to consider travel at this time ( I have a medical condition myeloma) so it's not just about covid it's other problems that could arise ...

I had been looking to sail on her in Oct but cancelled & will wait untill 2022!!!

That said hope to receive all your photos, videos and thoughts on the trip...

Once again wishing you all a fabulous cruise 🙏🚢😷🍾🍾☀️

Thanks for good wishes and yes we are now getting excited about this trip.

Seven days from today we will be waiting for a chariot to take us to the airport.

One shortish flight and then one very long flight.

And then the hurdles and hoops at Athens airport and some more at the port of Pireaus.

With some good luck we will be aboard the Moon and sail out of the harbor on a 20 day Odyssey,  hoping to avoid Scylla and Charybdis by the wearing of the customary masks.

I will start a thread soon.

• Like 6

I am soooooooo jealous.  June 18th is my anniversary.  I had booked this cruise, not only because of it being a special date, but because it hits a part of the world I haven't done yet.  And its the Moon's maiden voyage.  But I cancelled.  Back then, which seems like a life time ago, I didn't thing there was a chance in hell of the Moon sailing.  Wrong again, that seems to be happening a lot lately. I sincerely wish those on board a fabulous time.  I will be on the SS Martha's Vineyard instead.   Cheers all.  

• Like 1

Bon Voyage and have a wonderful cruise. We have just booked the August 17 th sailing…our first Silversea cruise and really looking forward to it.

Missing the smell of the ocean and the sounds of the waves and just enjoying my morning coffee on my balcony. 

• Like 1

On 6/10/2021 at 8:16 AM, spinnaker2 said:

Thanks for good wishes and yes we are now getting excited about this trip.

Seven days from today we will be waiting for a chariot to take us to the airport.

One shortish flight and then one very long flight.

And then the hurdles and hoops at Athens airport and some more at the port of Pireaus.

With some good luck we will be aboard the Moon and sail out of the harbor on a 20 day Odyssey,  hoping to avoid Scylla and Charybdis by the wearing of the customary masks.

I will start a thread soon.

Looking forward to all your thoughts!  I would love to know how many people are actually sailing🙂

9 minutes ago, Emdee said:

Bon Voyage and have a wonderful cruise. We have just booked the August 17 th sailing…our first Silversea cruise and really looking forward to it.

Missing the smell of the ocean and the sounds of the waves and just enjoying my morning coffee on my balcony. 

Welcome aboard. You are in for a treat🙂 Who do you usually sail with?

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Welcome aboard. You are in for a treat🙂 Who do you usually sail with?

Last few years Crystal….before that Regent and  Paul Gauguin.

Silversea’s Covid policy won us over so we have three booked. The Greece one, Christmas in the Caribbean on Spirit and Dawn TA next March. But still will be on Regent next April and will be on Crystal 2023 WC. 
Back over the last 25 plus years …..everyone….Seabourn, Oceania, Azamara, RCCL, Celebrity and 1 Norwegian Cruise. Yes we do like cruising! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Emdee said:

Last few years Crystal….before that Regent and  Paul Gauguin.

Silversea’s Covid policy won us over so we have three booked. The Greece one, Christmas in the Caribbean on Spirit and Dawn TA next March. But still will be on Regent next April and will be on Crystal 2023 WC. 
Back over the last 25 plus years …..everyone….Seabourn, Oceania, Azamara, RCCL, Celebrity and 1 Norwegian Cruise. Yes we do like cruising! 

You are experienced cruisers.🙂  I will be on that TA Dawn cruise with you!.....should be fun😃

11 minutes ago, Lois R said:

You are experienced cruisers.🙂  I will be on that TA Dawn cruise with you!.....should be fun😃

I had booked a similar itinerary last year on Regent Splendor but it got cancelled. We will be staying on in Europe (Paris and Malta) and then taking the Regent Canary island cruise before returning home. 

Will need some info from you on the Moon when you sail…including temperature and power outlets. I need a heated blanket for my sciatica .

Thanks

22 minutes ago, Emdee said:

I had booked a similar itinerary last year on Regent Splendor but it got cancelled. We will be staying on in Europe (Paris and Malta) and then taking the Regent Canary island cruise before returning home. 

Will need some info from you on the Moon when you sail…including temperature and power outlets. I need a heated blanket for my sciatica .

Thanks

Glad to help....🙂...actually, send me an email and have a question for you😃

lo1958 @ hotmail.com (take out the spaces).

I am not packed.

I am trying to cut down on what I bring.

Its so hot in Greece, much like where I live, that I hope to spend the day in shorts or gauzy linen. Since I have free( yet costly) laundry, theoretically I could really cut back. But will I????

JP and Chris inspire me with their approach to packing, yet Stumble’s approach is more the reality.

We have signed up for many of the excursions which are included. But that means getting up early in the morning and rushing to eat breakfast.

The SALT lab excursions are not among the excursions which are included. For example the SALT excursion in Limassol is $259 per person, the Mykonos cooking class is $169 per person, or the cheese making class is $129 per person.

Hi Spins, I am doing the Cheese Making Class😃 it is the only tour that I am doing with the charge on it.

All the others I picked are the "included" ones too. I think there were a couple that go in the afternoon.  But yes, most are morning tours. But no rushing.......please.🙂

I am sure you will have a wonderful time......when do you fly out?

16 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

I am not packed.

I am trying to cut down on what I bring.

Its so hot in Greece, much like where I live, that I hope to spend the day in shorts or gauzy linen. Since I have free( yet costly) laundry, theoretically I could really cut back. But will I????

JP and Chris inspire me with their approach to packing, yet Stumble’s approach is more the reality.

We have signed up for many of the excursions which are included. But that means getting up early in the morning and rushing to eat breakfast.

The SALT lab excursions are not among the excursions which are included. For example the SALT excursion in Limassol is $259 per person, the Mykonos cooking class is $169 per person, or the cheese making class is $129 per person.

We live less that 1 hours drive from Limassol, do yourself a favour keep your dollars in your pocket, its a typical seaside resort and not that nice, in my opinion of course.

1 minute ago, spinnaker2 said:

Lois, we leave Thursday.

YIKES i better get moving!

Oh....you are arriving the day of the cruise? You are sailing on Friday........I have never done that when going to Europe.  I feel much more confident about going a day early, especially when flying across the pond.