Change to Adventure Itinerary for August

Hi, thought some of you would be interested in this since there have been concerns about Freedom and Adventure at CocoCay on the same day. Not sure why the CDC gets to have an opinion on a cruise that isn't going to the U.S., but that's the reason they're giving. I'm on the August 7th sailing.

The CDC has recently established guidelines that allow only one ship in port at a time. As a result, we’ve adjusted our itinerary and swapped the order we’ll visit Perfect Day at CocoCay, Cozumel, and Grand Bahama Island. The good news is, we’re still visiting the same extraordinary destinations on our itinerary - just in a different order! Below, please find our revised itinerary. 

Day

Port of Call

Arrive

Depart

Sat

Nassau, Bahamas

9:00 PM

Sun

Grand Bahama Island

8:00 AM

5:00 PM

Mon

Perfect Day at CocoCay

Tue

Perfect Day at CocoCay

Wed

Cruising

Thu

Cozumel, Mexico

6:00 PM

Fri

Cruising

Sat

Nassau, Bahamas

6:00 AM

Edited by meghan74
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, meghan74 said:

Hi, thought some of you would be interested in this since there have been concerns about Freedom and Adventure at Cocoa Cay on the same day. Not sure why the CDC gets to have an opinion on a cruise that isn't going to the U.S., but that's the reason they're giving. I'm on the August 7th sailing.

The CDC has recently established guidelines that allow only one ship in port at a time. As a result, we’ve adjusted our itinerary and swapped the order we’ll visit Perfect Day at CocoCay, Cozumel, and Grand Bahama Island. The good news is, we’re still visiting the same extraordinary destinations on our itinerary - just in a different order! Below, please find our revised itinerary. 

Day

Port of Call

Arrive

Depart

Sat

Nassau, Bahamas

9:00 PM

Sun

Grand Bahama Island

Mon

Perfect Day at CocoCay

Tue

Perfect Day at CocoCay

Wed

Cruising

Thu

Cozumel, Mexico

6:00 PM

Fri

Cruising

Sat

Nassau, Bahamas

6:00 AM

The CDC matters to Freedom of the Seas, not to Adventure of the Seas.

• Like 3

Got the same email. Are we sure it’s because of 2 ships at coco cay or is it possible that it was double booking at grand bahama or Cozumel?

if this means only adventure at cococay both days that’s a plus.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dswallow said:

June 19th sailing is a little different...

No apparent changes to June 12 or June 26 though.

If I remember correctly, the June Freedom cruises didn't conflict with Adventure. Or, they are starting in July? 

I love this itinerary. I would be happy to bookend the cruise with CocoCay. 

2 minutes ago, notmyrealnameoremail said:

We are on Adventure for August 28 and September 4 and haven't seen anything yet.  I hope they are just moving what you booked in cruise planner to the new day.  I'd hate to pay the higher prices in cruise planner.

The full email for 9/4/2021 (identical to the 9/11/2021 email I received, other than the date, and probably the same for all August sailings as well).

Full resolution version: ShareInfo_2021.09.04_2021.06.09.jpg (698×1996) (2150.com)

ShareInfo_2021.09.04_2021.06.09.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is Crazy!!! I have never been to Cozumel when there hasn't been more than three or four ships in port at the same time.  

Four Major Cruise lines, I can't even count the number of ships and they think this is going to work when all the ships are back in service? 

I am speechless.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mauraoel said:

Four Major Cruise lines, I can't even count the number of ships and they think this is going to work when all the ships are back in service? 

I gave up trying to understand the CDC months ago, but my uninformed guess is this will only apply to private islands controlled by a cruise line and that rule will go away at some point. I'm sure they want to de-densify as much as possible in the places where it can be done. I'm fully expecting a port full of ships in Cozumel.

Edited by meghan74
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, HUNKY said:

I think it is great to have Coco Cay all to ourselves!  August Adventure sailor here.

Me, too! Especially if we're sailing at reduced capacity in August. It's going to feel practically empty!

19 minutes ago, mauraoel said:

This is Crazy!!! I have never been to Cozumel when there hasn't been more than three or four ships in port at the same time.  

I am speechless.

Last time I was in Cozumel there were 9 ships I port. 

26 minutes ago, mauraoel said:

Adventure of the Seas cruisers who cruise after the Florida cruise start are getting an email changing our Itinerary because the CDC now doesn't want more than one ship at a port at a time... This is Crazy!!! I have never been to Cozumel when there hasn't been more than three or four ships in port at the same time.  

I am speechless.

3 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Last time I was in Cozumel there were 9 ships I port. 

On September 29 there are five ships scheduled to be in Cozumel. At least 3 are Royal- Symphony, Brilliance and another one.

This will be a fun ,new topic and a nice change from the vax conversation!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, forgotmyCCname said:

On September 29 there are five ships scheduled to be in Cozumel. At least 3 are Royal- Symphony, Brilliance and another one.

This will be a fun ,new topic and a nice change from the vax conversation!

Social Distance and don't forget washy, washy !! if cruising is still going by that time. 😞

Edited by Jimbo

52 minutes ago, mauraoel said:

I am speechless.

It has absolutely nothing to do with the number of ships in Cozumel (or Grand Bahama Island)

at the same time.

The issue is that the CDC included in their guidelines for US-based departures that all guests on a cruise line's private island, vaccinated or unvaccinated, could be maskless IF and ONLY IF there was only one ship docked at the private island at a time. So for Freedom to go there, it has to be the only ship there at the time. And it impacted how they could schedule things with our sailings.

Edited by dswallow
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, dswallow said:

It has absolutely nothing to do with the number of ships in Cozumel (or Grand Bahama Island)

at the same time.

The issue is that the CDC included in their guidelines for US-based departures that all guests on a cruise line's private island, vaccinated or unvaccinated, could be maskless IF and ONLY IF there was only one ship docked at the private island at a time. So for Freedom to go there, it has to be the only ship there at the time. And it impacted how they could schedule things with our sailings.

Thank you for the info!!

I much prefer only one ship at a time in Coco Cay.  A beautiful place and now more space to roam.  The change is very welcome to us, and reinforces/reassures the “all-vaccinated” passengers aboard our ship.  Thank you, dswallow, for the clarification.

So looking forward to being back at sea...

2 hours ago, dswallow said:

The full email for 9/4/2021 (identical to the 9/11/2021 email I received, other than the date, and probably the same for all August sailings as well).

Full resolution version: ShareInfo_2021.09.04_2021.06.09.jpg (698×1996) (2150.com)

ShareInfo_2021.09.04_2021.06.09.jpg

Thanks for posting! It looks as if they will move all pre-purchased excursion items over which was my only concern.