Anyone Cruised 5 to a Cabin? Photos of the nighttime setup?

Cauzneffct

We're looking at booking a trip next April.  Right now its 4 of us (2 adults, 2 kids under 7), but my mother may also be interested in coming.  Has anyone cruised 5 in a room before, specifically in a Family Oceanview with Veranda and have any details or photos?  

Ideally, we'd book 2 rooms (2A/1k & 1A/1K) and just have both kids stay in our room, but all they're offering are guarantees and i figure that they'd place the 3 people in a room that sleeps 3, rather than 4.  

2 hours ago, Cauzneffct said:

We're looking at booking a trip next April.  Right now its 4 of us (2 adults, 2 kids under 7), but my mother may also be interested in coming.  Has anyone cruised 5 in a room before, specifically in a Family Oceanview with Veranda and have any details or photos?  

Ideally, we'd book 2 rooms (2A/1k & 1A/1K) and just have both kids stay in our room, but all they're offering are guarantees and i figure that they'd place the 3 people in a room that sleeps 3, rather than 4.  

You can't just jam as many people as you want in any room category. For example balconies (4A-7A) only accept a max of 4 passengers. If you need 5, you need either two adjoining rooms *or* a junior suite class room. Rooms are small and even 4 to a room with 2 well behaved kids it gets "old" really fast. I could not imagine 5 people in a balcony room.

4 hours ago, Cauzneffct said:

This a Family Oceanview with Verandah on the Fantasy.  Sleeps 5.  Queen bed (2), sofa bed (1), bunk bed (1), Murphy bed (1).

736008427_fantasy20144Averandahbedsopen23092P10305671500.thumb.jpg.ee3c1f648b043e0d2d73d382b06f538d.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Shmoo here said:

This a Family Oceanview with Verandah on the Fantasy.  Sleeps 5.  Queen bed (2), sofa bed (1), bunk bed (1), Murphy bed (1).

736008427_fantasy20144Averandahbedsopen23092P10305671500.thumb.jpg.ee3c1f648b043e0d2d73d382b06f538d.jpg

Much appreciated.  That does look cramped.

5 hours ago, Cauzneffct said:

Much appreciated.  That does look cramped.

We have done it a few times now, it's not to bad, except for when everyone needs to shower or multiple people need to use the potty, but the split shower/ toilet bathroom does help a lot. The key to having 5 people is to use the room storage and to store the suitcases under the bed. We also use 1 suitcase at a time for dirty clothes that can easily slide back under the bed.

I have used the common area bathrooms rather then waiting to use the one in the room and used the Spa showers. But I'm not sure if that will be allowed with the covid restrictions.

3 hours ago, ArthurUSCG said:

We have done it a few times now, it's not to bad, except for when everyone needs to shower or multiple people need to use the potty, but the split shower/ toilet bathroom does help a lot. The key to having 5 people is to use the room storage and to store the suitcases under the bed. We also use 1 suitcase at a time for dirty clothes that can easily slide back under the bed.

I have used the common area bathrooms rather then waiting to use the one in the room and used the Spa showers. But I'm not sure if that will be allowed with the covid restrictions.

From a privacy perspective is a nightmare with 4, let alone 5. At least you can check the kids in club to have some time alone with your spouse. But with another adult that's AWKWARD! 

1 minute ago, coldflame said:

From a privacy perspective is a nightmare with 4, let alone 5. At least you can check the kids in club to have some time alone with your spouse. But with another adult that's AWKWARD! 

oh, there is Zero privacy. maybe if you asked the other adult to go play bingo you could get 30ish minutes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, coldflame said:

There defiantly won't be any little Disney souvenirs, unless grandma is trying to get more grand babies.😆

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

It’s a bit cramped but with young kids it can be doable. I remember my family if nearly 4 adults slept in a smaller inside room.

I mean we did kind of drive each other crazy but our personalities butt heads a lot. The split bathrooms are nice and helpful though.

3 hours ago, Jkaczanowski said:

We did this category stateroom with my mom and 2 children.  When the Murphy bed is down, it makes the balcony completely unusable. Wouldn’t do it again

I think it depends on which way the bed is facing (towards the bow or the stern). We have had it both ways and one of the ways it is fine to use the door, the other makes it pretty tight to side step between the bed and windows.

2 adults and 3 kids would be fine, and we've done this twice before.  But no way in heck would I bring a 3rd adult into a cabin for privacy reasons alone in terms of dressing/undressing/showering.  

Edited by croozymooner